Safe cold/sinus congestion remedy during pregnancy? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-08-2012, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am nearly 16 weeks pg with #2 and have had a sinus infection and/or productive chesty cough for almost the whole time so far.  Just this morning it morphed into a serious sinus congestion/cold thing that is driving me crazy.  I am up all night trying to breathe or cough or blow my nose and I just want to feel better for a change!  Can anyone recommend any good remedies (other than the Neti pot, I already do that daily) to clear my head and chest?

Thanks!

Mama to a sweet little redheaded girl, born 11/09; and my HBAC baby, little brother, born 7/12.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2012, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

I was newly preggo last Feb right during my usual sinus infection period.  Along with the netti pot, I megadosed my vit C intake - 1000mg every hr.  Also a nice heafty garlic supplement helped.  I would normally combine with Sambucol but I read a few inconclusive studies on the black elderberrry being a potential issue in pregnancy so I didn't want to chance it.  To get real good drainage, I've always had luck with chiropractic.  It's almost instant when I get an adjustment, I can feel the pressure dissipate.

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List