Rather funny story about finding out I'm pregnant . . . - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 02-20-2012, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I've been wondering if something was going on over the past week or so, because I thought I should have gotten my period last week, but just kept getting light spotting. I hadn't been keeping track my cycle too well, though, so I was going to give it another few days before taking a pregnancy test (I had WAY too many disappointing stick pees before my first pregnancy).

AND THEN . . .

My husband went to pick up our two-year-old son from daycare today, and one of the teachers greets him with, "So are you all having another baby?" DH stops, surprised, and says, "No, we don't think so . . . why?" Apparently today at daycare, DS was going around telling everybody that he was going to have a baby brother. huh.gif

DH, knowing that I thought I might be late, of course then stops on the way home and picks up a pack of pregnancy tests. One pee later, and within 5 seconds, I'm getting two lines.

Apparently my son is either a lucky guesser, or psychic . . . here's hoping the spotting doesn't get any worse! love.gif

#2 of 5 Old 02-21-2012, 03:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

That is so sweet smile.gif

Sending you sticky vibes.

Sarah, slightly crunchy Mummy to 4, living the rural life
#3 of 5 Old 02-21-2012, 08:04 AM

How sweet!!  Great story.

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#4 of 5 Old 02-26-2012, 06:03 AM

lol Wow!  Quite the little intuitive you've got there!

When I found out I thought I was late, but my cycles had been irregular since going off BC nearly a year ago.  I decided to check my cervix and it felt smooshier than I'd ever felt it before.  Oh, and when I peed for the stick I thought, "That smells like pregnant pee", even though I don't know why I thought that since this is my first and there is no way I'd know what that smells like.  :) 

Congrats!

#5 of 5 Old 03-06-2012, 10:20 PM

A little girl I took care of guessed I was pregnant before I told her and did the same when her mom was pregnant with her little sister too. Those wee wise souls!

congrats!

Married to my favorite person (together since '01, married since '05), the hapa papa to my queeuty quapa DD, born 10/11.

We baby wear, co-sleep, cloth diaper, don't vax and intend to nurse for a good long time.  

I don't care what you do as long as it works for your family.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page