I need some help. Im really worried. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So, Im about to go into my 9th week. I have been doing everything that I should such as taking my prenantals, and eating healthy. But I have been cramping, which I heard is sometimes normal. Well I woke up this morning and had really sharp pains in my vaginal area. Me and my husband had sex last night and I dont know if that has anything to do with it or not but Im not sure what this could be. I go to the doctor Monday but I am so scared that I will have a miscarrige. This being my first child, I dont know what to expect. Should I be getting these pains so early on?

#2 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 AM

I'm no expert (currently pregnant with my first too!) but I did have cramping throughout my first 10 weeks or so. I am now 13 weeks and I still get some sharp pains in my lower abdomen when I switch positions rapidly-- I've been told that this is all normal.

Married to my sweetie and enjoying life with our fabulous dog.  Expecting #1 in August 2012!!!!

#3 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 08:57 AM

I sometimes had cramps after orgasm with 2 pregnancies that resulted in my kids. With my miscarriages though I had cramps and bleeding. Make sure you are hydrated and call the doctor's office if you are worried- that's what you are paying them for. Hope all is well.

Lisa DH Pat DS Liam DS Jamessigncirc1.gif

Missing DD Lily 6/17/10- 12/13/12

#4 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 09:01 AM

I am not an expert either, but I can tell you my story. I am currently nine weeks pregnant (as of yesterday) and have had quiet painful cramps all week. One time I actually thought about taking medication (not something I would do or did but it was that bad that I actually thought about it).  The cramps come and go on a day to day basis and I have had no spotting.  My midwife said it's just my body stretching.

#5 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

well, to be honest, all of these made me feel so much better about everything :) I just get paranoid I guess. We are so happy about this baby. Thank you guys so much. I will ask my doctor on Monday and make sure. I will keep you guys posted though.

#6 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 04:22 PM

I always get crampy and achy in my first trimester, well with the pregnancies that went past 9 wks. If there is no heavy bleeding then I wouldn't worry just drink water and take a rest, it is just your uterus stretching.

With my miscarriage I didn't really get cramps, and they were like really heavy period cramps and then contractions and labour pains, until I actually started bleeding heavy and losing the baby.

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#7 of 10 Old 02-22-2012, 04:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

KaliaK, I had both cramping and stabbing vaginal pains in the first trimester. I saw a website where someone referred to them as the "knitting needle up the hoo-ha" pains, which is exactly what they felt like to me!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#8 of 10 Old 02-24-2012, 12:41 PM

its just ligament pain from your uterus growing with baby. vaginal pain is normal because you have a lot of increased blood flow to that area during pregnancy so everythings a little swollen in that area.

#9 of 10 Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 AM

I have had sharp pains as well- at night I wake up to cramping and I get worried but there is no bleeding.  Yesterday when I sneezed I got this super sharp ovarian/vaginal pain I thought I was being stabbed- it want away after a few seconds but it was not like the pain I have felt with previous losses. 

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

#10 of 10 Old 02-28-2012, 01:11 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Yep.  I had vaginal pain (like shooting weird nerve pain) at the end of the first tri and beginning of the second.  It went away on its own and everything was fine. 

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page