Mothering Forum banner

measuring behind / when was your baby born?

Tags
pregnancy
447 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Just1More 
#1 ·
the last two appointments (currently i'm at 32 weeks) i've been measuring about 2 weeks behind. i'm not sure what this means, really; the midwife hasn't changed the due date or ordered an ultrasound or anything... so i am just wondering what people's experience has been--did you measure behind? when did you give birth and how close was it to your due date?

i am trying to sort out with my mom when she's going to come out (she lives in CA, we're in OH, and she has to take time off work) and i'm not sure when to tell her to come... i am kind of worried she will come and go and the baby will still be unborn'd.

#2 ·
Personally, as much as it's fun to share the new baby, and to have someone there right away, I'd err on the late side. Having just a tiny bit to get settled isn't a bad thing at all. I'd probably have her come a week after the baby is due. That way she'll at least be around for a week after the baby comes (assuming you don't go over 42 weeks), and you don't have to worry about her "wasting" her vacation time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.