The AWESOME ONE Thread - March/April 2012 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-18-2012, 07:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh yeah, and MamanF-  I'll get that envelope in the mail to you toot sweet, my friend.  thumb.gif  How you doin'?  Where you been?  

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 08:01 PM

Thanks Belia! If it doesn't get better soon, I'm going to call either the OB or perinatologist and see if they have suggestions of what to do. Most likely the perinatologist would have a better sense though. I'm working on DH to go get me some chicken nuggets- those have stayed down just about every time.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 03-19-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belia View Post

Oh yeah, and MamanF-  I'll get that envelope in the mail to you toot sweet, my friend.  thumb.gif  How you doin'?  Where you been?  

I just knew you'd understand. luxlove.gif

I'm around. I'm so darn tired though so I mostly just lurk and stalk.  I can feel that elusive second trimester surge of energy coming though. It gets better daily. I'm hoping it will get here before next Monday as we're going on vacation for spring break.

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

Old 03-19-2012, 07:07 PM

I'm happy to report that I am very hungry and am about to have seconds of the dinner my choir director's wife brought!

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 03-19-2012, 07:44 PM

Little baby Deacon is about 4 and a half pounds!  He is looking good!!  Check out how cute he is!!

Deacon 32 weeks.jpg

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

Old 03-19-2012, 11:28 PM

joy.gif How adorable!!! It shocks me how sad I just got because of how much I miss those days already. LOL

Yay, Deborah!!!

My kiddo's got a double ear infection and a mild case of RSV. He's on antibiotics for his ears and is taking 4 breathing treatments a day for the next three days then we go back for a check-up. =(

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 03-20-2012, 06:15 AM

CDsmom- I had 3rds and 2 hard boiled eggs. I sure hope this continues!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:06 AM

Feel better, C! greensad.gif

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

Old 03-20-2012, 03:33 PM

CDsMom- I totally forgot to say- hope your LO feels better!

Old 03-22-2012, 02:22 PM

Deborah, just wanted to say I'm thinking of you and your boys today. I hope your appointment shows 2 thriving, growing, healthy boys. Grow babies grow!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Old 03-22-2012, 04:55 PM

Thank you everyone for the support. Unfortunately, we lost our boys this week. They had grown, but just couldn't hold on I guess. They said based on fluid levels it had to have been within the last 2 days. I'm going to deliver them tomorrow.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:03 PM

Oh Deborah, I'm so sorry. candle.gif candle.gif

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Old 03-22-2012, 05:24 PM

I am so sorry. There are just no words. I am devastated for you and your husband. 

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

Old 03-22-2012, 06:15 PM

Oh Deborah. I'm so, so sorry. greensad.gif

Mom to DD1 reading.gif (11) & DD2 shine.gif homebirth.jpg(7) & DS babyboy.gif  h20homebirth.gif (9/10/12)

Old 03-22-2012, 06:41 PM

Deborah- Oh, no! There are no words. My heart is broken for you.    hug2.gif   bawling.gif

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

Old 03-22-2012, 07:07 PM

Thank you all.

Old 03-23-2012, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Deborah, Light and Love to you and your family.  Please know that we are all here for you as much or as little as you need.  candle.gifcandle.gif

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Old 03-25-2012, 02:29 PM

So sorry Deborah, thinking of you.

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

Old 03-25-2012, 06:51 PM

So sorry for your loss Deborah. There are no words...candle.gif

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

Old 03-25-2012, 10:13 PM

Thank you for all your thoughts and candles, etc. I was just released from the hospital this afternoon. We chose some post-mortem names for the boys shortly before I delivered. Alan Kelly came out at 1:00 yesterday afternoon, followed by his brother, Bruce about an hour and a half later. I was in labor 19 hours before Alan was delivered and spiked a very high fever during that time, so I was kept an extra day at the hospital. It was, of course, very difficult, but I was glad I had some time to hold my boys and that the hospital worked hard to help us create memorials and to keep me as comfortable as possible.

Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 AM

Deborah--I am glad you got a chance to hold your boys. I thought about you all weekend and will continue to hold you and your family in my thoughts. Again I am so sorry for your terrible loss.

Alan candle.gif and Bruce candle.gif

Old 03-26-2012, 08:10 AM

It has been 5 months since I logged on, shame on me!

Firstly, Deborah I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

A quick update - my due date is TOMORROW! My baby girl is head down and engaged according to my Dr so it's just a matter of time!

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

Old 03-26-2012, 11:39 AM

Crashing (kind of since I'm a former member) TANTYLYNN! Do you know how long I've been stalking you waiting for an update?!?!?!

Well I guess you have an idea....5 months or so. Hmph.

So glad to hear your baby girl is doing well and you're about to deliver! Please don't disappear, we want delivery details!

Hi Nicole, andthestars, everyone else!

deborah if you're still reading, I am sorry again (for the third thread). Keeping you and your husband and A&B in my thoughts.

27. Married since December 2006. Trying to conceive #1 since November 2010. 1 loss in April 2011 (5 weeks). 

BFP on February 25th. Tentative due date: November 4th, 2012.

***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***wool.gif40**

It's a girl! love.gif

Old 03-26-2012, 11:57 AM

GEMMINE! I know I'm so slack I'm sorry!! I am SO HAPPY to hear from you and see the wonderful news in your signature!!! joy.gif

I only finished work on Friday and it's been a pretty eventful pregnancy (kidney stones and surgery for starters lol) so these are my somewhat lame excuses for not posting. I hereby promise to NOT disappear and to provide plenty of birth details!! You stay in touch too pretty please!

T-lynn (25) married DH on 28/07/07 partners.gif DD Isla born 28/03/12 diaper.gif TTC #2

Old 03-26-2012, 12:48 PM

HI, Gemmine! Hi, Tantylynn!!!

Mom-wise, my life is pretty boring right now. Conner just finished up with his first double ear infection and mild RSV. Yay us. He's been SO much happier since he got medicine. I wonder how long his ears have been bothering him. Sigh.

My GPa came into the hospital Friday night because he fell and broke 3 fingers (He's 83). They admitted him because he was complaining of pain all over. They did a whole doozy of tests and found a large blood clot in his heart. =( They're going to try to dissolve it but it's looking pretty grim. Please keep my family (Especially my Dad and Grandma) in your prayers.

Old 03-27-2012, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

deborah, still thinking about you and your family.  I'm very glad that the hospital gave you the time you needed with Alan and Bruce.  Please be gentle with yourself in the coming days and know that we are all thinking about you.

Gemmine, I'm so glad you showed up over here!  Can I add you to the list?  How are you feeling?  So excited!

Tantylynn, I was wondering where you wandered off too.  Sorry to hear that you had a rough time of it but hopefully you're in labor RIGHT NOW and we'll be hearing your awesome birth story soon!

CDsmom, many prayers for your gpa.  How's he doing today?  I'm glad that Connor's feeling better.  Ears are always tricky.  I used garlic oil with DS as a preventative measure anytime he got sniffly and it works wonders.  Just crush up a clove of garlic in about a TBS of olive oil and let it sit overnight.  Strain out the garlic and use a couple drops in each ear once or twice a day.  The bonus is that your baby smells like garlic bread and will make you hungry all the time.  Don't eat your baby.  It will be tempting. 

AFM, nothing happening except my continuing hugeness.  Maybe I will take another picture after the midwife appointment next week.  At my 28 week appt. I was mesuring 5 weeks ahead.  Yup, 5.  My vjay is not going to be able to handle a 10 lb kid.  I really hope I'm just getting fat.   

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Old 03-27-2012, 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndtheStars View Post

CDsmom, many prayers for your gpa.  How's he doing today?  I'm glad that Connor's feeling better.  Ears are always tricky.  I used garlic oil with DS as a preventative measure anytime he got sniffly and it works wonders.  Just crush up a clove of garlic in about a TBS of olive oil and let it sit overnight.  Strain out the garlic and use a couple drops in each ear once or twice a day.  The bonus is that your baby smells like garlic bread and will make you hungry all the time.  Don't eat your baby.  It will be tempting. 

AFM, nothing happening except my continuing hugeness.  Maybe I will take another picture after the midwife appointment next week.  At my 28 week appt. I was mesuring 5 weeks ahead.  Yup, 5.  My vjay is not going to be able to handle a 10 lb kid.  I really hope I'm just getting fat.   

He's better. They got him to sit up in a chair today. They put him on blood thinners so it's really just a waiting game now.

... When I was 37 weeks, I was measuring 43... Just sayin'. My kiddo was 8lbs2oz 12 days early. My doctor said I had a ton of fluid though... And, I mean, I've never broke my water before, but water poured out for a good 5 minutes and it was GROSS. I got about 4 sizing ultrasounds because I measured so far ahead my ENTIRE pregnancy.

Old 03-27-2012, 02:59 PM

CDsMom, I hope the treatment works and your grandpa is doing well again soon.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Tantylynn, you came back and now nothing?  I really hope that you are holding your sweet new babe.  Come back and visit with your birth story soon!

CDsmom, how is your family today?  Did the blood thinners help?  I'm happy to hear that you just had a lot of fluid and not a lot of baby.  My midwife broke my water shortly before I ended up transferring to the hospital so I don't really remember how much water there was.  DS's head was kind of acting like a cork too so there would be a gush and then nothing and then some more as he shifted.  Gah, let's not talk about breaking waters. 

Mummoth, I wanted to ask you, I remember when you were pregnant and you said that Stephanie would move over to whichever side of your body that DH was on when he talked to her...does she still have a strong reaction to his voice? 

Old 03-30-2012, 02:01 PM

We just found out this little bit of news:

itsaboy_sm.jpg

I am in SHOCK. So, so happy. But shocked. LOL

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List