The AWESOME ONE Thread - March/April 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-07-2012, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This thread is for members of the ONE thread from the Trying to Conceive forum. Some of you have started similar threads in the DDCs but this is an all-inclusive, cross-DDC thread. We have all made connections and friendships with ladies who got BFPs before or after us so this can be a central thread for us to catch up and for those on the other side of the One thread to keep up with us!

In bold, please tell me: Name, Due Date, how long it took you to conceive and what you went through to conceive, what "number" child this will be, and anything else you would like to add.

Members:

Due February 2012

19-OdinsMommy0409 (Laura), got pregnant on the second cycle after a chemical pregnancy, planning a HBAC with boy #2!

Due March 2012

28-tantylynn (Teesha), after 20 cycles (1st cycle of Clomid), #1 

Due April 2012

13-belacmsage (Bela),  26, tried 6 months with opks, fertility monitor, preseed, vitex, soy, b-6 and male fertility drugs too! Finally, left it up to DH to decide when to DTD, did it A LOT and got her BFP!

26-vivica2, tried for 1 1/2 years, went through 1 m/c, 4 rounds of clomid, progesterone, instead cups, bbt chart, soy isoflavones, and on and on and on.... can't wait to get fat and grumpy!  #3

Due May 2012

7-BubbleMa (Sarah), TTC for about 5 cycles (seems like much longer though).  We used a calendar to track fertility and DTD accordingly.  We also used Pre-Seed, and I took Maca, and EPO.  Baby #2 for me, #3 for So, our first together!

8-RenoKirbyButtrs (Jamie), got BFP on second month trying after 11 years! on BC, #1

8- MeredithA

11-km84, this will be our first

12-janellody (Janelle), #1, got her BFP on the first month trying after several months charting

Due June 2012

2- CorgiMommy, expecting a little boy after a 2nd tri loss.

6-kylie1 (Kylie), pregnant after 11 months of straight trying, on-and-off trying for about three years or so, with acupuncture twice and lots and lots of charts!  #4 (#3 for her and #2 for him)

6-AndtheStars (Maria), expecting #2, trying for 3 months, NTNP for...shrug, who knows.

26-GradStudent13, expecting #1 after three months of trying

Due July 2012

9 - reelala (Sarah), trying for 3 months, Baby #1 for us, YAY!

12 - scowgirl (Jennifer), conceived on the 4th try using RRL tea, 100 mg B6, preseed and instead cups, #1, BFPChart2.gif

25 - Deborah Kelly, TTC #1 for 9 months, BFP on 11/18/2011, we did IVF, I have endometriosis, Hashimoto's disease (antibodies against thyroid gland that results in hypothyroid) and diminished ovarian reserve, had a very scary retrieval but managed to retrieve and transfer 2 embryos, one survived, which we found out became identical twins!!!

28- I'm Belia- #2 - we conceived on our second month with charting.

Due August 2012

20- FeralFox (Tris), due with #2 on the first try!

Due September 2012

1- MamanFrancaise- Expecting #3 after 3 months TTC

19- Mamaforever- Expecting #2, conceived two cycles after a m/c with the help of charting and B6 to lengthen LP.

19- Carlin- Expecting #2 after 5 months charting and only early loss in October.

joy.gifONE Thread Babies! joy.gif

2011:

July 14th - Kayden (LivingSky)

August 19th - Reed Adam (jillybeans)

October 4th - Jacob (ValH)

October 11th - Julia (yellowdart)

October 31st - Conner Dean (CD'sMom1031)

December 13th- Stephanie Margaret (Mummoth)

2012:

January 29th- Emma Faith (MommyMatsumoto)

Need an Update:

8/19-savah, conceived on 4th month (3rd temping), #2

9/11-LovingBaby (Elizabeth), took 7 months (charting, OV strips), #3

10/13-Nicolian (Nicole), charted for 2 cycles, #3 (#4 for DH)

10/23-not_telling (Jess),  took 3 cycles, #2

11/9-TalkToMeNow (Amanda), tried for 4 months, #4 (3rd pregnancy)

12/30- LadyScientist, conceived on the first "real" try, $1!

In Our Thoughts:   candle.gif

grouphug.gif

Gemmine

cygknit

taurustheta

Attached2Elijah

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2012, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

See guys...I warned you...Worst.Threadkeeper.Ever.

So it's a week late but here is the new March thread!

We need to send some goodvibes.gif to the ONE Thread in TTC because those poor ladies didn't have one February BFP.

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Old 03-07-2012, 02:20 PM

Andthestars- Yes we do! Thanks for starting the thread.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 03-07-2012, 06:04 PM

thumb.gif

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 03-08-2012, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the new thread!

I'm thirty five weeks today and have now reached the really uncomfortable stage. It took me hours to get into a comfortable enough position to get to sleep last night. Also, I am apparently allergic to something in my house because I broke out into an intensely itchy rash on my face, hands and feet. The midwife thought it could be cholestasis but that doesn't seem to really fit. I have an appointment today so hopefully we can figure it out.

Wife to Geof reading.gif (4/10), Mom to Connorbabyf.gif(7/14/10) and Cayleigh babygirl.gif (4/20/12). Living with Factor V Leiden (7/12).

Old 03-08-2012, 11:38 AM

belacmsage--that sounds really crappy--I hope they can get that itching figured out for you. My SIL had PUPPS (I believe) and was miserable for weeks.  greensad.gif

AFM I am having some issues getting comfortable at night myself--it feels like as soon as I finally find a position where I can doze off, one of the cats wakes me up. I feel like I'm waking up all night long. I'm sure it's nothing compared to later in pregnancy, though. I really think the main problem is that my body pillow takes up a lot of space, so I'm very conscious of not moving around much so as not to accidentally punch DH or invade his space or something, and then I feel "constricted" and uncomfortable and sleep lightly. So really it's all in my head at this point. Guess I should try to get over that before I'm truly uncomfortable later on, and actually can't sleep. smile.gif

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:59 PM

wave.gif

Hi everyone!  

In two days I will be 20 weeks pregnant.  Halfway!  Probably more than halfway because I don't think the OB/MW will let me go long due to my many risk factors.

Can I just say...... THANK. THE. LORD.  I am not a good pregnant person.  This has been an incredibly long 4ish months.

And...... it looks like I'll be off the Zofran pump in 10-days to 2-weeks!!!  Fingers crossed that I continue to feel ok without it.

Happy March to all!

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

Old 03-09-2012, 06:53 AM

Does that mean you are feeling somewhat better, Belia? Great news!

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:22 PM - Thread Starter

Belia, that's great news!  Is the 10-14 days to wean you off?

scowgirl, not sleeping well is one of my biggest pregnancy pet peeves.  You get so little sleep afterwards that it seems totally unfair not to be able to sleep when you have the opportunity.  If I were you, I'd kick DH out of bed or go sleep in another bed (if you have one) and just get some rest!  DS turned out to be a super crappy sleeper so I haven't had more than a 4-5 hour stretch of sleep in 3 years.  If I knew that was going to be the deal when I was pregnant, you can bet that DH would have been sleeping in the guest room from 20 weeks on.  I would also advise purchasing a king sized bed.  I know they're a lot of money but its the best money DH and I ever spent.  We didn't get one until DS was 9 months old so the first nine months in a double bed with me, DH, DS and two cats was just stupid looking back on it.  Anyway, that was a super long digression when what I really wanted to tell you was, I feel for you and you shouldn't be afraid to do whatever you have to to get some sleep now!

AFM, I'm going on a trip next weeked with two girlfriends.  We used to travel every year together before DS came along.  This will be the first time I've ever been away from him.  I'm so nervous but really looking forward to some me time and some sleep!  So fair warning that I will be gone for 5 days and will continue to be the world's worst threadkeeper.  But maybe this is exactly what they need over on the ONE Thread to get some BFP's.  It will figure that I would be (happily) called into service when I'm not around.

Any birth updates that anyone knows about from WritingLove, OdinsMommy or Tantylynn?

Maybe I will stalk all the MIA mamas and post updates later.  You know, in my spare time.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:32 PM

Thanks for the well wishes, everybody.  Yes, I am feeling better.  Not really good, but definitely better.  I can eat a lot of different things now (at least, compared to what I was eating) even though I'm still kind of weird about food, and I only get sick about once a week.  Usually if I go too long between snacks.

And I've been in the process of weaning slowly off the Zofran pump already.  At my highest dose I was .72, and I've gradually stepped my way down to .42.  They want me to lower my dose every other day, but I'm doing every 5-7 days instead.  I don't want to push it.  And I'm still on some oral meds to help keep the edge off, too.  That;s why I have about 10 days left- I have to lower the dose 2 more times before I'm off the pump completely.

Next week is the ultrasound- fingers crossed that everything looks OK.  I have a bad feeling for some reason.  Probably just my general bad feeling about this entire pregnancy!  But all of my baby-related planning is completely on hold until after that ultrasound.

Do you have any idea how utterly PISSED I will be if something goes wrong at this point of the process?  I've been miserable and non-functioning for months now.  If anything goes wrong now that I'm finally starting to feel better..... yes, I will be sad, yes I will be devastated, but HELL YES I will be pissed!!!!!  angry.gif  Hope that's not too sacreligious of a thought for you all.

Old 03-09-2012, 10:14 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Belia, that sounds like great improvement!

When Stephanie decides to have a growth spurt, she doesn't mess around! Today is Day Three of Power Nursing! I've lost 4 pounds... and I'm eating like crazy to keep up with her, too. She rolls over instantly when I try and do tummy time with her. I just keep flopping her back onto her tummy, she thinks it's funny... so do the big kids if I say "Stop that! Bad baby! It's tummy time, stay on your tummy! No no! She rolled over again, oh no! She's driving me koo-koo!" They all giggle at that. 

~Teresa, raising DS (Jan. 02) and DD1 (Jun. 04) and DD2 (Dec. 11) with DH.

Old 03-10-2012, 04:27 AM

Belia- I'm glad you're feeling better and I don't blame you for being cautious. LOL I have a completely "lame" pregnancy and was still nervous every single time I went to the doctor.

Conner had his 4-month check-up last Tuesday. My nice 8lb2oz newborn only weighs 12lbs4oz now, LOL. Skinny minny. He's grown 5 1/4" though, so he's going to be tall and skinny like his daddy. It's so crazy watching him learn. He can grab stuff now and I LOVE watching the concentration on his face whenever he goes to grab something, LOL. It takes so.much.work.

A girl at my work had a son 5 days before I had Conner and told me yesterday that she "wouldn't be upset" if she got pregnant again like... Now. *GASP* Yeah, right.

Me: read.gif, DH: jammin.gif, Two cat.gif, Two dog2.gif, DS: babyboy.gif (10/31/11), DD: babygirl.gif (9/17/13). blowkiss.gif

dizzy.gifcaffix.gifbiglaugh.giffaint.gif

broc1.gifbanana.gifcarrot.gif

Old 03-10-2012, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Belia, I think everything will be fine.  It's totally ok to feel however it is you feel.  But I'll think postively for you. 

Here's my first belly pic from last week , I'm such a slacker.

IMG_1066.JPG

Yes, my belly is the hugest thing ever.  I'm going to have an enormous kid at this rate.  Or I'm just getting fat.  Which is what I'd prefer at this point.

Old 03-10-2012, 07:52 PM

You look awesome! So cute!

Old 03-11-2012, 09:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

so cute AndTheStars!!!

afm- hello! i'm such a mdc slacker. glad to see everyone is doing well!!! im 33 weeks now and counting down the days....ug. i'm so uncomfortable, cant breath, cant eat, cant sleep...awesome. wild.gif but so excited to meet my baby girl soon!!!  

i keep having to google 'baby born at (insert #of weeks here) to see pics and hear stories so i can convince myself i DO NOT want this baby to come any earlier than 37 weeks. it works. ;)

-viv-

DS-8/06 peace.gif
DD-5/08 innocent.gif
DD-4/12 loveeyes.gif
Due: July2014 shy.gif
semi crunchy, but getting crispier!

*** heartbeat.gif 5****10****15****20****25****30****35****40
Old 03-11-2012, 10:00 AM

Hello hello!  31 weeks over here... I get another ultrasound on the 19th so I am just waiting around until then when I get to see my little boy again :)  Super excited!  I am getting reeeaaallly uncomfortable with everything these days.  I can't believe I could still have another couple months, as I feel huge and uncomfortable all the time.  I think I am going to quit working in 2 more weeks (I do massage).  It is getting kinda hard to do it anymore... I like the extra money but I am so exhausted every time I go in to work.  At this point I am only doing about 6 massages per week, so it isn't a big change anyway.

Had my baby shower a few weeks ago and since then we have been buying all our stuff like crazy!  My nursery isn't quite done yet, but it's getting close.  It is looking SO freaking adorable!!  I can't wait to show it off once it's done, hubby won't let me show anyone until it is (weirdo). 

I think he thinks it will be longer than it could be, he keeps saying we have 2 months left every week, but I keep reminding him it could be less than that, or more, no way to tell!  A good friend of ours was pregnant just before me, with her first like me, and delivered at 37 weeks, so I keep reminding him we need to have everything ready before then just in case!  Yes, I will probably go longer than that, but I certainly don't want to be unprepared when that date rolls around...

Andthestars - cute belly pic :)

CDsmom - I hope my baby is small, too.. I fear he will be ginormous, though!!

ME: 29 DH: 27 stillheart.gif Married for 3 years now.  Got my pos.gif August 31, 2011!  joy.gif Woohoo!!!

stork-boy.gif May 12, 2012 - Baby Deacon joined our family

Old 03-11-2012, 10:10 AM

Belia- When next week is your ultrasound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belia View Post

Thanks for the well wishes, everybody.  Yes, I am feeling better.  Not really good, but definitely better.  I can eat a lot of different things now (at least, compared to what I was eating) even though I'm still kind of weird about food, and I only get sick about once a week.  Usually if I go too long between snacks.

And I've been in the process of weaning slowly off the Zofran pump already.  At my highest dose I was .72, and I've gradually stepped my way down to .42.  They want me to lower my dose every other day, but I'm doing every 5-7 days instead.  I don't want to push it.  And I'm still on some oral meds to help keep the edge off, too.  That;s why I have about 10 days left- I have to lower the dose 2 more times before I'm off the pump completely.

Next week is the ultrasound- fingers crossed that everything looks OK.  I have a bad feeling for some reason.  Probably just my general bad feeling about this entire pregnancy!  But all of my baby-related planning is completely on hold until after that ultrasound.

Do you have any idea how utterly PISSED I will be if something goes wrong at this point of the process?  I've been miserable and non-functioning for months now.  If anything goes wrong now that I'm finally starting to feel better..... yes, I will be sad, yes I will be devastated, but HELL YES I will be pissed!!!!!  angry.gif  Hope that's not too sacreligious of a thought for you all.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 03-11-2012, 02:42 PM

AndtheStars- You are adorable!  But I will admit that I GULPED when I looked at your siggy and saw that you're only 20-something weeks. You sure there's only 1 in there?!? winky.gif

Deborah-  My ultrasound is Wednesday the 14th.  Any and all fingers crossed would be so appreciated!

Old 03-11-2012, 05:08 PM

Belia- Definitely crossing my fingers and toes for you.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:26 PM

Fingers crossed for you Belia. I forgot to update that our twins are two teeny tiny little boys.

Old 03-11-2012, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbgkelly View Post

Fingers crossed for you Belia. I forgot to update that our twins are two teeny tiny little boys.

Yay!! I know you were pretty sure, but it's really cool to hear for sure. Congrats!! joy.gif

Old 03-12-2012, 06:03 AM

Thanks! Now hopefully we can get them to fatten up. I have to gain a bunch of weight too. I gave more details on IVF grads and on the winter/spring thread that Monkey started.

Old 03-12-2012, 07:16 AM

Oh gosh... I am so sorry. I didn't know you were going through that stress and worry. Was the doctor able to help you figure out anything additional you can eat that will get your calories up? I am wondering, for example, what they would give kids who have allergies if they needed to get lots of calories into them? Or maybe weight gainers for bodybuilders with food allergies? I'm sure you've already looked into this, though... I'm just thinking out loud. Mainly just wanted to offer good thoughts, hugs, and all my hope that the babies will grow big and strong. hug.gif

Old 03-12-2012, 11:02 AM

Thanks. I was avoiding talking about it on this thread b/c someone has their anatomy scan next week and I didn't want to scare them. They didn't really give me ideas, other than nuts, avocado, cheeses (I can only eat goat cheese and sheep cheese). I already eat all these things, but those in the family that know what is going on have been helpful and a friend of mine showed me a coconut drink that seemed like it might act as a non-dairy equivalent to Ensure. In the past I have looked up hypoallergenic protein shakes/drinks, but have had no luck.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:47 PM - Thread Starter

deborah, eek!  I think that I would be really encouraged by their strong heartbeats and good movement.  I hope that you and your boys make great progress in the next few weeks.  I'll be thinking of you.

Belia, yep, only one.  See why I'm so freaked out?  That's about how big I was when I was full-term with DS.  I'm hoping that it's just a case of weak stomach muscles and/or my uterus has a really good memory.  My profile pic is at about 38 weeks with DS.  It looks the same to me.  Sigh.

Viv, good to see you!  I'm glad that you have had an uneventful pregnancy.  I'm so ready to meet our new LO but really want him/her in there as long as they need.  Good idea googling before 37 week births. 

janellody, finish up with the nursery so you can follow DH's rules and post the pictures!  I love nursery pictures but we are total slackers and never actually decorate or do anything with a nursery.  So I can't even reciprocate....anyway, good to see you too!

scowgirl, you found out you were having a girl, right?  I wanted to go back and look but dont' want to lose my post.

Old 03-12-2012, 01:54 PM

Thanks AndtheStars!

Old 03-12-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndtheStars View Post

scowgirl, you found out you were having a girl, right?  I wanted to go back and look but dont' want to lose my post.

Yep! It's a girl. orngbiggrin.gif

Incidentally, some of the pics on my DDC show bellies that are easily as big as yours IMO, and we are not as far along.

AFM (WARNING: stream-of-consciousness) My belly is getting pretty big, but sort of indeterminate big... all my tummy fat is getting squished up and out. In some ways I look farther along than I am because I'm round so high up, and there is no way I could hope to wear my prepregnancy pants anymore, but nobody has noticed I'm pregnant yet without being told. It's also possible that they just don't want to hazard a guess that a fat lady is pregnant and be wrong, but for example we went to a wine tasting on Sat. and the hostess was encouraging me to get a glass of wine until I explained. I'm guessing she wouldn't have done that if she had suspected I was preggers. smile.gif

The place it bugs me the most is at the gym. I just look like I have even more of a potbelly than usual, and most of my workout pants won't go above my belly so they give me significant muffin top. The hardbodies are probably judging me big time. smile.gif

Speaking of the gym, I've been jogging a little (usually I walk a mile, then jog a mile, then walk another mile), but lately it's been somewhat uncomfortable. If I'm on a treadmill, I feel like there is pressure on my bladder the whole time, and then my pelvis and lower back hurt afterward. I found a fairly inexpensive pregnancy support belt, so I'm going to give that a try. I enjoy walking and running, so I feel like I'm more likely to actually be motivated to do that, especially if I can go outside, then I will be to stare at a TV in the gym on the stair climber or something. Of course if it keeps hurting, I'll have to figure something else out. I don't want to hurt myself or the baby.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:22 PM

Deborah, I've been trying to stay up to date on your saga and I love your positive attitude! Grow little boys grow!

Belia, good luck with your scan today!

Andthestars, nice belly pic! You look great! Maybe your babe just likes nice, roomy accomodations?

Scowgirl, good for you for getting to the gym! I really need to get back into some sort of a routine. You may find that walking and jogging outside doesn't bother your back and pelvis as much as the treadmill does. I think something about every step being exactly the same on the treadmill can cause problems whereas when you're outside there's much more variety. I can't wait for spring to really kick in so we can get outside again!

AFM, I'm 12 weeks 5days and starting to feel human again. The nausea still comes and goes and I have good days and bad but I'm sort of feeling like the good days are starting to out number the bad. I know compared to what some of you have put up with my first trimester hasn't been too bad but it hasn't been fun either and I'm more than ready to move on!

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Old 03-12-2012, 05:49 PM

Carlin- Thanks. I'm doing my best to stay positive. It is very hard though and, I won't lie, I'm pretty much an emotional mess. Just trying to find ways to distract myself from my new-found MBR situation and new stressors. I found a support group online, but think I need a real-live one. My big frustration is that nobody seems to be able to help me find something the equivalent of Ensure or Boost that is hypoallergenic. I called GNC, Vitamin Cottage, the allergist, the hospital and my OB. Ugh!

Old 03-12-2012, 10:09 PM

Other than dairy, is there anything else you need to avoid?

Carlin blowkiss.gif - loving life with DH guitar.gif and 2 amazing daughtersenergy.gifbaby.gif

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List