Floradix vs. Nature Works Herbal Iron? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-23-2012, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My midwife wants me to start Floradix for my low iron.  It is SO EXPENSIVE, though I know its the best.  Came across another liquid herbal iron...any experience with this one?    Here is the side by side comparison and there is a lot of the same ingredients...you can click on them individually to see more of the breakdown http://www.vitacost.com/compareProducts.aspx?Nr=OR%28P_ProductID%3A22630%2CP_ProductID%3A31701%29&qs=x%3D28%26y%3D11%26Ntt%3Dliquid%2Biron%26ntk%3Dproducts%26ss%3D1

#2 of 4 Old 03-23-2012, 06:59 AM - Thread Starter

Or there's this too?

http://www.vitacost.com/garden-of-life-vitamin-code-raw-iron

#3 of 4 Old 03-23-2012, 11:31 AM

I don't think there's anything special about Floradix. It DID give me constipation (everyone says it absolutely won't) and it did NOT help my iron levels much. It's pretty low dose as far as iron goes. I switched to Hema-plex and that helped more than Floradix, and the constipation isn't any worse than it was with Floradix. Plus, it's a lot less expensive. If you like the looks of the other ones, I would use one of those instead.

#4 of 4 Old 03-24-2012, 05:13 PM

I wanted to second Hema-plex.  Its the only iron supp that doesn't make me seriously sick every time I take it.  I like the regular pills rather than the V-caps.  I think its like $10 for 30 days if you order off Amazon, but I've found it at my health food store for about the same price.  Good luck!  I hope you find something that works for you.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page