pre and post preanancy trouble - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-28-2012, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

To start with, I want to say that during my second trimester, I had a big trouble with sleeping.  I was waking up at night with a strong feeling of anxiety.  It lasted until end of my pregnancy. In 33 weeks, I started to have a problem with my blood pressure increased. When I was 34 weeks pregnant, first time I experienced strange sensations that I did not have in my previous pregnancies.   I had numbness in my left foot and shin, but more disturbingly, I had numness/weaknes in my left hand and arm from time to time that can last for many hours.  Later, I experienced numbness sensations in all my 4 limbs, but more frequently in my left leg (especially at night).  Due to that numb sensations I could fall asleep, my anxiety was going up, nighttime was the worst time for me.   

I was educed, stressful labor.  I did not sleep for three days/nights postpartum.   On day 4 I fell ill.  My numbness in extremities came back; I became extremely fearful for myself and anxious.  I was getting up in the morning with a hangover effect, very dizzy and unsteady on my feet.  My world perception narrowed, I felt myself unreal with unreal body that at times I did not feel as my own. My limbs were weak and as they did not belong to me.  Strange headaches. I could not eat, lost appetite ans was affraid to gag on food.  I had trouble concentrating, even my hearing lost acuity.   I had few very strong pains in my chest lasting for the entire day; I was very concerted about my life.  Fear of nights and my going to bed was very strong, I could not relax in bed to fall asleep and I was waking up during the night with in fear.  I’ve been leaving like that for 5 weeks now.  My mind and my body are exhausted.  I lost interest in everything I used to enjoy, often I cry.

Is anyone with similar experience especially regarding numbness in extremities?  What did you do, how did you cope and how did it take for the physical symptom to disappear and mentally recover?

oxana.philippe@rogers.com

#2 of 2 Old 03-28-2012, 08:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't have anything to offer, exempt a big hug...sounds like you are going through a rough time. I would encourage you to talk to your doctor About this, s/he may be able to help. The numbness would be concerning to me.

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page