Waiting for a Dec. 2012 group... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 28 Old 03-31-2012, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have been stalking the groups waiting for the December 2012 group to show up. Is anyone else due in December?

#2 of 28 Old 03-31-2012, 12:51 PM

Same here -- just found out on Tuesday that after trying for a year, we're finally expecting our first, and I've been checking here every few hours ever since hoping to see the Dec. group open up!

I think I read something about new DDC being opened on the first of the month, so I think we still have another day or so to wait. 

Congrats to you, by the way! 

Me - 28, DH - 29 partners.gif Lucky in love since 2003, happily married since 2010, stork-suprise.gif #1 due Dec. 2012

Looking forward to waterbirth.jpg, aabfwoman.gif, femalesling2.GIFdh_malesling.GIF,cd.gif and all the rest

#3 of 28 Old 03-31-2012, 08:32 PM

Hello there!

I just found out we are expecting out second in early December! I have a 3 year old (3rd bday this coming Monday), who has been asking for a baby brother smile.gif for months now! Looking forward to seeking more expectant moms soon!
#4 of 28 Old 04-01-2012, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Yay! Congratulations to you mamas!

#5 of 28 Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 PM

I'm so happy to find this thread! :) I've been stalking groups too; I guess they'll start one soon.

Just got the positive pee stick last Wednesday. Cautiously optimistic and hoping for a sticky pregnancy, which if all goes well will be due Dec 6. It was our first cycle trying for baby number three- we were a bit stunned at how fast it was. I have PCOS and went to a fertility doctor to help conceive my first two kids. I didn't need a lot of intervention either time- basically, endured a bunch of tests and was granted the pills I need to help my cycle along- but it did take time. This was like "Let's have a third." "OK." and then BAM. Pregnant. I'm thrilled. :D

I rub my belly every day and talk to the little bean and tell it to stick around. We have such a nice family and he or she is going to love it here. And it will be a Sagittarius- I've barely even met any, but the horoscope sounds like a lot of fun.

I had horrible morning sickness both sticky pregnancies. (Had one early m/c inbetween.) I find myself wavering between hoping it will start, so I'll know the hormones are strong, and hoping I won't get it this time. orngtongue.gif

How's everyone else doing?

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#6 of 28 Old 04-02-2012, 01:57 PM

hi! i've also been stalking for the December group to open; hopefully it'll go up in the next day or two!

we are expecting our fourth, with an edd of dec 1.   congrats to all of you joy.gif  i'm  looking forward to getting to know everyone!

me read.gif + dw crochetsmilie.gif + twins.gif twins.gif= stillheart.gif

member of mdc since 2008, now with new identity

#7 of 28 Old 04-02-2012, 05:19 PM

Congrats everyone! Still no December 2012 group? I'm getting antsy...

Me - 28, DH - 29 partners.gif Lucky in love since 2003, happily married since 2010, stork-suprise.gif #1 due Dec. 2012

Looking forward to waterbirth.jpg, aabfwoman.gif, femalesling2.GIFdh_malesling.GIF,cd.gif and all the rest

#8 of 28 Old 04-02-2012, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Hey ladies, congrats! If two of you pm Cynthia Mosher and ask to be group leads, they'll start a group for you.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#9 of 28 Old 04-03-2012, 03:50 AM

Thanks Boots! I'll volunteer and will PM Cynthia. Anyone want to do it with me?

#10 of 28 Old 04-03-2012, 02:07 PM

Hello Again,

I have been checking the groups everyday! Lol I am glad I am not the only anxious bird here smile.gif
I just wanted to say hi to the new moms and share my story.
This is my fourth pregnancy but only one ended in a healthy happy baby. I had 2 miscarriages greensad.gif since my daughter was born one at 7 weeks and another at 5 weeks. Really hoping this one will stick with me...if it does i am due December 8th. So far so good...really fatigued though. I can't stay awake during the day! Just took a 2 hour nap with my 3 year old...and still feeling tired! Anyone else experiencing this?
#11 of 28 Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM - Thread Starter

wave.gif  Yay! I'm so glad to "meet" more moms due in December.

#12 of 28 Old 04-03-2012, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggles06 View Post

So far so good...really fatigued though. I can't stay awake during the day! Just took a 2 hour nap with my 3 year old...and still feeling tired! Anyone else experiencing this?

Oh yeah!  I am so tired... I yawn my way through the day and nearly fall asleep sitting up. A 2 hour nap sounds amazing in the afternoon! I do get waves of nausea, but only if I go to long without eating. It feels like it's my bodys way of reminding me that I need nutrition to grow a little one.

Does anyone else feel twitches, stretching, and cramping? I've been getting them since the day I thought I might be pregnant, which I think was implantation because the tests weren't positive until a few days later.

I would like to lead a group, but I'm worried I won't be active enough since I only get on here a couple times a week.

#13 of 28 Old 04-03-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug1 View Post

Thanks Boots! I'll volunteer and will PM Cynthia. Anyone want to do it with me?

HOw do you go about doing that? Is there a Nov 2012 DDC up yet?

#14 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post

HOw do you go about doing that? Is there a Nov 2012 DDC up yet?

yes, there is a nov ddc up - its listed under the "Groups" tab at the top of the page.  if you, or anyone else, wants to be the 2nd lead with me, send a message to Cynthia Mosher & let her know.  c'mon someone...let's get the group started!! look...i already made an icon for our group:

50snowypreg1.jpg

(trying to tempt you...did it work??) winky.gif

#15 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 06:16 AM

OOohh, I love the icon! What does being a leader entail? I might be interested. I don't have a ton of time on the computer but I do enjoy it when I do. :)

I've had some fatigue too. And last night I had a really unpleasant episode. I had no appetite for dinner and later was craving ice cream, so I had some strawberry haagen dasz while watching the Voice with DH. When I got up to go to bed I got shooting pains in my gut, kind of like the cramps you get with diarrhea but much more acute. I hobbled up to bed, every movement painful to my stomach, and tried to go to sleep. I was actually having to breathe through the pains like in labor. I started to get freaked I was miscarrying. I got back up and went back to the couch with a hot water bottle on my tummy. Sat in front of the toilet for a while too feeling like I was going to barf, but never did. The heat helped and eventually I was able to go to sleep.

After that I think I'm going to try quitting dairy for a while. Both my kids are dairy intolerant and I gave it up while nursing #2, which cured her reflux. A friend of mine who specializes in food allergies says she got rid of her morning sickness in her second pregnancy by cutting out foods she knew the first child was allergic to. I would have thought it crazy before but now that I've seen how foods affect my kids, it kind of makes sense that my body might reject certain foods during pregnancy. Anyway, I'll let you know how it goes. Desperate to avoid being as sick as last time, when I was viciously nauseated and throwing up daily til 19 weeks.

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#16 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 06:23 AM

katie - here's a link to a description of groups and the role of group leaders http://www.mothering.com/community/a/groups-guidelines

#17 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug1 View Post

katie - here's a link to a description of groups and the role of group leaders http://www.mothering.com/community/a/groups-guidelines

Alright, that sounds doable. It would be an open group right- no need to approve members?

#18 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 06:48 AM

yay! joy.gif yes, i think all of the DDC groups are "open."

#19 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 08:46 AM

Yay! Thanks to both volunteers! Hopefully the group will be posted soon. Oh, and I LOVE the icon -- nice work!

#20 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 AM

just find out yesterday. we will have a second baby. very excited.

happy familykid.gif bb 03/2010 and bfolderchild.gif andbabyf.gif due12/12/2012.cd.gif

#21 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 AM

I'm here, too! Wow, this is crazy. smile.gif found out last Monday, but still doesn't feel "real"...yet I'm chomping at the bit to tell everyone! :-) Congrats to all, and thanks to our group leaders for stepping up!

Librarian read.gif in love with my wonderful DH superhero.gifribbonyellow.gif. Got a pos.gif in late March, expecting our first in December 2012!

#22 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 10:28 AM

Wow, its been forever since I've been on the Mothering forums! I just found out I was pregnant yesterday! Yay! I'm waiting for a Dec. 2012 club too! Congratulations to all of you!

winner.jpgbftoddler.gif2ndtri.gif Catholic Mama to Liam, Rowan and one on the way! Wife to an amazing man. familybed1.gif blogging.jpg

#23 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 12:13 PM

So I'm 99.9% sure I'm going to be joining this group! Am 2 days late (I'm very regular), took a test this morning and saw a very faint line so I went and got a more expensive test. Couldn't wait til morning so I tried it and saw a positive! It was pretty faint but I'm thinking its a go. This is my third and I only got a faint line with my second. Plus, I've already been starving and tired, two sure-fire signs for me. So hello, y'all! 

Happily married to my sweet DH with two precious girls (12/08) and (8/10) and a crazy puppy dog. Expecting blessing #3 around 12/10.

#24 of 28 Old 04-04-2012, 12:35 PM

looks like the Group has been formed/approved! joy.gif c'mon over!

(click the "Groups" button in the purple bar at the top of the page).

#25 of 28 Old 04-09-2012, 12:24 PM

Due. December 9th :)

Has anybody else been put on pelvic rest already? 

#26 of 28 Old 04-10-2012, 08:14 AM

We've been trying to 2 years, and I'm FINALLY due Dec.5.  It's amazing.

: is in my homepage
#27 of 28 Old 04-10-2012, 02:23 PM

congrats curly! come join the dec 2012 group. you can get there by clicking "groups" at the top of the page, or here is the direct link: http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/29/december-2012-ddc

#28 of 28 Old 04-12-2012, 06:59 PM

I'm due on December 4.  We just found out last week we were pregnant after trying for over two years and having had two miscarriages, the last one being just last month.  So we're super excited but still nervous and hoping this baby wants to stick around!

hippie.gifmom to DS 9/8/8 sleepytime.gif, married to my best friend since 10/15/05 love.gif, asl.gif,lactivist.gif, After TTC #2 for a really long time we're expecting #2 in December!  Hope to h20homebirth.gif, Doula in the Indianapolis area, PM me if you want to talk!

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page