Bajingo in the Spring-O, Part Deux: Having #1 in Our 30's, Spring 2012 - Page 10 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#271 of 297 Old 06-19-2012, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Erica, seriously, why do people think it's okay to say anything they want (no matter how rude!) about a pregnant woman's body?

Just got back from my weekly appointment. I saw the OB today (he was the only one there) and he said everything looks fine. I'm scheduled for a non-stress test next Monday if baby hasn't arrived by then. 

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#272 of 297 Old 06-19-2012, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calycanth View Post

This is exactly the attitude I'm going in with. A lot of my birth plan is contingent on what happens while I'm in labor.

One of the books I read early in my pregnancy ("The Birth Partner" by Penny Simkin) makes a distinction between pain and suffering, and that has been really useful for me in thinking about my own labor. I expect and am ready to work through physical pain, but I am not willing to suffer (a psychological state of feeling out of control, helpless, panicky, frightened, or anguished). If I feel that I'm suffering, I will ask for pain medication. DH knows that's the plan and is 100% supportive.

Feeling like I have options and the power to make informed decisions is more important to me than having my birth fall into any particular category.

I love love love this, I have not read this or philosophically made this eloquent of a distinction, (guess that is why my reading at 20% should improve 2whistle.gif) This is exactly how I feel, like Rambuzo- my doula gave examples of situations when she would suggest an epidural- after a long labor for rest and to regain energy.  I also want to make a "safe word" or real distinction when I really mean that I want meds- when I communicate that I am beyond pain and into suffering.

Boots- you wil not fail at birth- aside from women who plan c-sections a month early to avoid weight gain and stretch marks- nobody fails birth.  Wether a person was malformed by the system is another issue, I think the system is where the problems lie and we are not taught to trust our bodies enough and decisions are made for insurance, liability or money- that is no good.  But by and large every woman wants to be okay, and wants a healthy baby.  You do have a few things to consider, but no matter the decisions or outcome you are just desiring that HB gets here healthy.  I think you have a balanced outlook on the use of pain meds and c-sections.  I hope for you that you come up with a good plan and preferences along with your team- thinkin' about you!

Erica- YAY!!  you inspired me to call my Dr. office- they said they would not call if it was negative and call if it was positive but I hate that- not hearing makes me think that they do not have the results and that I am positive...... as I was writing this post I found out...... I ALSO PASSED!!!broc1.gif- whew, what a relief!  - So get this my also, stupid MIL tells me when she is here visiting : You are getting HUGE."  My husband was an 11 lb baby and she keeps saying "he is going to be HUGE"  I was 5.12 so whatevs, we shall see.  THEN she has the audacity to ask my DH several times for a picture of me with my belly- and I am like hell no- so she can sit at her computer and gawk at me (this woman is obsessed with her weight as well)  She gets on the phone with me and says oh I can't wait to see you, Darian tells me that you are getting huge.  Which is total BS.  He lovingly notices that my belly is getting bigger and that the baby is growing.  She seemed to have read "what not to say to pregnant women" tip book.  I love your response to yours.  errrrrg!  We are going home for our yearly family trip with my family- then we will be with her for 3 days.  I am not looking forward to it.

Caly- MAJOR grouphug.gif you are almost there!!!  I am so very excited for you, I am sure you will be on a roller coaster.  I keep trying to tell myself- ya know I am just going to enjoy being pregnant because it will be over soon and motherhood will be forever.  I know this is silly but maybe you should do something funny like paint lipstick on your belly and take a picture in the mirror and text it to your dh- or run through the sprinklers in your clothes- or just have a good sob teenager style while listening to some really emotional music until you laugh at yourself :)  I am looking forward to being where you are at but also petrified that time will move too fast stillheart.gif

Lily-  on the movement thing- My little ert was a great mover then for a few days he stopped moving as much, I went in for my weekly shot and asked them if they could just listen to the heart rate- they decided to do a low frequency U/S quickly and he was in there just chillin- my OB said every baby is different and that they sleep more than newborns 16-18 hours a day and that some moms just cannot feel the movement as much.  Maybe the baby is just a little zen buddah baby.

AFM- well as I included I passed my GD test so no Nasty 3 hour test- I almost just though if it was positive I would just start the GD diet anyhow and skip the darned 3 hour.  I have been chewing on ice so I should take the floradix I bought but never take ;)  I am going to just splurge this week and get everything we need aside from what I registered for and clothes.  I want to get the room done within the month so I can be at ease about that.  My DH is insistent that his mom come out for a week in October even though we will be home in November for thanksgiving.  I really do not want her to come out.  I feel like he feels sorry for her that she does not have much going on besides a few close friends- so he wants to make her feel part of something.  I think she really only wants to stick herself in the situation not because she wants to be a great grandma but because she is obsessed with putting herself in the middle of anything that DH is interested so she can get attention by acting like she cares.  We had an argument about it- I can compromise on 5 days- and I really do not want to leave the baby with her alone- she drinks too much- and sneaks alcohol (as in she will finish 3 beers midday and no one 'saw' the beers, and I will find coffee cups in her room with traces of wine- so in the day when we are having coffee and tea she has a cup with wine in it) and I am not going to tell a 65 year old woman to stop her drinking.  He says 'I'll just tell her she cannot do that'- BS I am educated in addiction and that does not work.  Well whatever I will just make sure that it is an impossibility for her to be alone with the baby.  

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

#273 of 297 Old 06-19-2012, 01:02 PM

Caly: Ugh. I just don't get it! SO rude. And my father in law who adores me... when he found out she said that, he made a few comments about her weight (Sheepish.gif). She looked at me when he said it to her and laughed and said "Shut up." I said "See! Doesn't feel good, does it!" Rude, rude, rude. And P.S. What do they do for the stress test? I keep hearing about those, and don't know what they are! I can't believe you're 39 weeks already!! I feel like I was just talking to you about taking progesterone!

SweetSparrows: Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!! So glad you passed too! Whew, right? Yeah, my stupid MIL (who seriously pre pregnancy... I loved) said she thought I'd have a big baby. Why? WHY? I wasn't big, neither was my hubs, I'm not big now, nor is the baby?? She's so annoyinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg. I'm doing Hypnobabies, and supposed to have a "bubble of peace" around me, so I'm doing my best to ignore her but it makes me feel a little better when I vent! My hubby is also very nice to me about my body and belly (which I think looks just fine, thankkk you MIL). And don't even get me started on my baby shower. I want to stab her over it. Hah! My hubs actually stood up for me (which isn't all that common to do with his Mom) and said "It's not YOUR shower. It's for ERICA. Get over it!" Lol. Thanks hubs! It's just all so odd to me because normally she is quiet and sweet. But she's insanely overly excited about this baby, and is overboard and annoying with everyyything. At first I thought it was sweet, now I just think she's a freaking cuckoo bird. Like I said, she'll be watching the baby when I got back to work... which NOW... makes me cringe. She actually said to me "I better see her a lot!" (meaning the first 3 months) I said "It's MY baby. Not yours. And you live 1/2 a mile from me. Chill out." And um, your MIL sounds a lot like mine in some ways. My MIL needs constant praise. For real. It makes me insane. Like her horrific shower favors (I know I sound like a jerk, but she's torture!!)... she keeps sending pictures of them to my Mom (who she didn't include in any of it, she just DID them and my Mom is annoyedddd cause they're splitting my shower) but she expects compliments! And if you don't give her one, she'll message you again 1/2 hour later "Did you get my text/email?" Yes, crazy... we did! We just have JOBS and can't sit on facebook all day and obsess over nothing. GAHHH! irked.gif

erica (33) partners.gif hubs (34)
rainbow1284.gif Ruby Mae energy.gif, 9/1/12
**** heartbeat.gif****10****15****20****25****30****35****40

Breast cancer survivor! ribbonpink.gif
#274 of 297 Old 06-19-2012, 03:14 PM

#275 of 297 Old 06-20-2012, 07:59 AM

I hope everyone is doing well, especially our very-soon-to-be new moms Caly and CACountry!! I am coming to terms with the fact that it's going to be so hard to concentrate and get anything done in the last few weeks, I suppose, right ladies? I still tell myself that I have 7.5 weeks left to get my project done before the baby, but I should probably give myself about 5.

2sweetsparrows, I think that being aware of the concerns about time and childhood go a long way. I wish we had decided to have the baby when I was in grad school, despite all the problems we worried about at that time. Your schedule tends to be a lot more flexible and forgiving in grad school, even though it is very intense and stressful. Several people in my cohort had their babies while in grad school and did really well. We got hung up on child care worries in NYC, which is why we waited until now, but our stresses are even greater. Hooray on passing the GD test! Sorry about your MIL. I have some fears about my dad and drinking (he stopped when I was in my early teens but started again a few years ago because "he doesn't have a problem"). I hate to feel I have to watch him like a hawk, especially during his first visit after the birth. When he comes to see us he says he's "on vacation" so he can drink...I hope that we don't have to hear about that this time. It just makes me sad.

Lily, that is crazy to think 38 weeks is now fewer than 5 for you! I'm feeling heavier in general, especially after doing the same thing for a while (walking, sitting, standing, whatever). The key for me seems to be variety.  Sit in the chair, walk around house, sit on the ball, do some pelvic tilts, sit on the floor, etc.

Boots, glad to hear you are back with your ob! It sounds as though they think everything will be fine, which is how it has been looking, too, so I hope you can relax a little. I am sorry about the anxiety about birth, but I think we all go through that. I have my own preferences, for sure, but know that while the birth is a momentous event and a huge milestone, it's only a small part of what is to come. I always like to be in control and the whole ttc and pregnancy have been an important exercise for me in ceding a lot of that control. It's been really interesting to see its effect on me and my relationship with dh, especially.

Thanks to Ramzubo, Caly, and CaCountry for sharing your thoughts and/or experiences about birth.

Great to hear you passed the test, Erica, and sorry for the tension with your MIL. It sounds like she's going to be really involved with Ruby's upbringing, so I hope you can find a way to get to a good place with her. hug2.gif

Birdie, it's helpful to know about the NST, since my ob said that she wants to do those weekly with (AMA) me towards the end. So far she's said that it will be a non-issue since she's detected acceleration through the doppler, which she said is of of the things they look for.

AFM, (copying some of this from my ddc because I have to get to work!) I had a very quick ob visit yesterday (ob was sick but "not contagious" but seemed to have a fever? Not cool--I just wanted to get out of there). My bp and urine were fine, and weight was only up one lb since the previous visit 2 weeks ago (when I had a big 5 lb jump). So far a total of 25 lbs, so on target.

I can't go for my walk (or don't feel safe doing it) because the city sprayed for west nile virus last night in my neighborhood, so 2 days without my walks and it feels disconcerting. I'll do yoga today, though. Since I am sitting and working at home all day long I have to do something or else I go crazy by the end of the day.

My skype family/friends from home shower is this weekend. It seems to be hitting home for my mom now that this is really happening and she's much mellower, so I'm hoping this is a good harbinger for how she'll be with the visit in Sept. I had been really anxious about the visit from my parents for some of the things they've been saying, but the closer the shower gets the more changes I can see in their attitude. They just got a new puppy, for example, and wanted to bring it with them, and I had to be firm and tell them I didn't think it was a good idea. Then they were talking about coming for a much shorter amount of time (ok with me), but I couldn't help but feel that somehow the puppy was more of a concern for them than us, their human family, and grandson.

Have a great Wednesday, ladies!  

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#276 of 297 Old 06-21-2012, 01:42 PM

busy baby lap but re pain meds, i got morphine when i crossed the line from pain to suffering (couldn't stop pushing even though only 5 cm dilated) and i'm glad i did.  i wish i had gone into it more accepting of that possibility, i figured if i needed anything it would be nitrous oxide, but that wasn't a good option for when/how i needed the relief.  i understand wanting to make your choices beforehand, but i wish i had been more open-minded with mine so i wouldn't have felt like i failed.  i did great, but it was hard for me to see that.  and now, i don't much care anyway, 'cuz look!  (old picture)

DSCF0410.JPG

strawberry-face :)

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#277 of 297 Old 06-21-2012, 02:04 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Regarding all the comments and input in this discussion about pain meds, uou guys are awesome, seriously! Hykue, Raven's strawberry face totally helps make choices about birth easier. :) I do really, really like what Caly sad about pain vs. suffering, and it kind of was something the nurse was saying in class about pain, fear, and anxiety and breaking that cycle during birth. I really like everything that has been said and I feel like everyone has a balanced perspective. How did everyone on this thread get so smart? joy.gif

I like a lot of what I heard at the hospital about their policies and practices re: keeping baby and mom together, immediate skin to skin, encouraging breastfeeding within the first 20 minutes. The only thing I thought was weird was that the only non-private room is the c-section recovery room, which is a ER type room with cots and curtains. It weirds me out a bit like they have so many that they need more space but maybe there's another reason.

There's also some dispute about my due date and I am a little nervous about that. I think because I transferred care from fertility clinic to 1st OB to this OB. How worried should I be about due date being off a week? I guess that depends on my docs policy on being "overdue" but I need to talk to her about that...

My hormones are freaking out of control again. I have cried twice today because I'm afraid I will stop loving my cats after I have a child. eyesroll.gif

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#278 of 297 Old 06-21-2012, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

The pain vs. suffering dichotomy is a great way to look at it.  I also think there's a way of looking at interventions as "smart" vs. "unnecessary".  My friend who just gave birth six months ago was having horrible back labor and nothing was turning this kid.  She had a doula and lots of support from a naturally-minded nurse, but they couldn't get the baby shifted around.  By the time it was time to push, she was so exhausted.  They finally gave her an hour of IV narcotics to give her a rest and she was able to push out a 9 pound baby an hour later.  Those pain meds prevented a C-section (according to her OB), so in my mind at least medication was a smart intervention, not a failure of some sort.  And in this case too, she was clearly suffering, not just in pain. 

I'm trying to approach labor with a pretty open mind.  I've done everything on my end I could possibly do -- I've consistently worked out, done the birthing classes, kept my nutrition decent, avoided excess weight gain, and practiced proper posture and positioning.  I have a doula, an awesome doctor, and a supportive husband.  At some point I just have to cede control and recognize that there's nothing more I can do.  The rest involves hormones, the baby's position, and a whole host of other things that I have no control over at all.  And that's when the "natural at any costs" folks start annoying me.  It's about a healthy baby and mom, however that happens.  There's a place for medical interventions and recognizing that is as important as trying to avoid the unnecessary ones. 

Boots, I totally feel you on the animal thing too!  I've had multiple people tell me I won't love my dogs anymore after the baby is born.  I'm like, really?  What a crappy thing to say to someone.  And how does that help me?  I'm not going to get rid of my dogs just because I had a baby.  I know it will be a transition for them and for me, but seriously?  Telling me (like one guy did) that I'll "hate" my dogs after the birth?  Who the hell are these people?

And yeah, the NST is not at all stressful.  Mine was just sitting in a chair with beanies strapped to my stomach (one measuring contractions and the other measuring fetal movement) for 20 minutes.  Very non-invasive.  Birdie, it sounds like what you had might have been more involved?  Was it a biophysical profile?  To measure the amniotic fluid, etc?

Hope everyone else is having a great week!  And sorry for the long rant.  I'm taking a procrastination break from work and it looks like I took it all out on you guys!

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012.  Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013.
#279 of 297 Old 06-21-2012, 05:48 PM

ahhh Hykue! She's too cute!!!!!

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#280 of 297 Old 06-22-2012, 10:25 AM - Thread Starter

Hykue, she is SUCH a cutie! I've been wondering how you're doing. I hope things are well on the farm!

My due date is tomorrow. I had some light cramping and twinges in my cervix last night, but that's it so far - nothing that even resembles a contraction, and nothing at all today. DH has been trying to coax her out with promises of daddy snuggles, but so far no luck.

#281 of 297 Old 06-22-2012, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Caly, good luck! Not too much longer, though I know every day feels like forever. Easy labor vibes to you! goodvibes.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#282 of 297 Old 06-23-2012, 09:27 AM

Happy due date, dear Caly and Spacegirl! Lots of love and positive energy to you both, I'll be thinking of you today. Come on, baby girl! It's show time! joy.gif

Our shower is today after a week of craziness. I am so happy about it, though. We had to change the venue TWICE in this past week, after my friend had a family emergency and then the restaurant basically canceled on us. Now it is at a library, though, which couldn't be more perfect. We have enjoyed time with my friend from out of town who is here in the 110 degree heat for this event with her husband and son, and my mother in law.

Andaluza's baby shower is this weekend, too. Congrats, mama, hope you have a great time. It's funny since we are closest in due dates in our DDC.

On a more somber note, my maternal grandmother was just put in hospice care, and in the back of my mind I'm thinking about how I'd like to be there, but pregnancy, heat, and money are just prohibitive. My parents are there with her as well as most of the rest of that side of the family.

Also since it's officially summer, I am going to start the new thread soon, let me know if there are any updates or adds from the front page.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#283 of 297 Old 06-23-2012, 12:10 PM

Hi Ladies

Happy D-day Caly.  I know that knowing that half of women go late is probably not much of a comfort, but she will come soon.  I am only a couple days behind you- due Tuesday and I have had tons of signs, but no real action for weeks.  It is exhausting.    

Boot and Andaluza- enjoy your showers.  Sorry to hear about your grandma Boots, but Hospice is a wonderful organization; they will do good by your family.

Hopefully Caly and I will have updates for the front page soon!

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#284 of 297 Old 06-23-2012, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post

Hopefully Caly and I will have updates for the front page soon!

Hear, hear! Wishing you a quick and peaceful labor too, Country Girl! Maybe our little girls will come on the same day. Like tomorrow, maybe. orngtongue.gif

Hi Tear! Thank you for the encouragement!

Boots and Andaluza, I hope you have a wonderful time at your respective showers. Boots, I'm so very sorry about your grandmother. hug2.gif

We've been granted a reprieve from the sweltering heat, so DH and I went to a wildlife preserve this morning. We hiked around and did some bird watching, and I got sweaty and sunburned (despite slathering on sunscreen twice in the four hours we were there) but had a terrific time. It was so nice to be out of the house. Now that I'm home, I'm feeling bored and anxious again. Better think up something to do tomorrow.

#285 of 297 Old 06-24-2012, 06:29 AM

I hope that everyone has had enjoyable weekends!

Caly, things will be starting up soon! I hope that everything goes well! That hike sounds fabulous.

CaCountry, positive thoughts that you are also very soon with your babe!

Boots, how did the shower go? I hope it was a wonderful, happy, and fun event! I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother.

AFM, the skype shower was a lot of fun and I'm still staggered by people's generosity. It was great to see my mom so excited and able to participate in the pregnancy in some way, since she only saw pregnant me at 7 weeks or so over Christmas. In other news, dh has been really great and excited about the birth and life with the baby, but lately I find that he's showing a little less general excitement and more worries about how things will change and how we'll adapt. I think it's good in that it shows he's aware of how much things will change, but also a little annoying, like he hasn't been listening to me about this since the beginning. 

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#286 of 297 Old 06-24-2012, 07:52 AM

Andaluza

I am glad you enjoyed your shower.  Thanks for the good thoughts.  I just wanted to share some possible insight on the Daddy to be front.  Even though this is our 2nd, my DH was hit by a real wave of fear when I was about 32 weeks.  He actually said it was like moments of panic.  He said this huge event is coming and there was nothing he could do about it.  I think they feel real vulnerable since they are so used to being able to fix things and all they can do about birth is wait and try to be supportive.  My DH thought it was kind of biological- you know cave men stressing about how to protect a brand new baby and fairly incapacitated partner from the lions.  It has been getting more real for us for awhile- baby moving inside us and all, but even though they obviously see the belly, it just takes longer to sink in.  To not gender stereotype too much- I often feel like my DH doesn't really listen to me as much as I think he is or think he should- talking to lots of other ladies (and listening to comedians) I think that is kind of a man thing.

AFM- A couple of hours of contractions early this morning again, but no progress.  I am so tired of this pre-labor stuff.  I want to get the real show going!

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#287 of 297 Old 06-24-2012, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

I found this awesome site today while obsessively searching for information about how long first pregnancies last: http://spacefem.com/pregnant/charts/duedate0.php

I was particularly happy to see that her data do not support the idea that the average first-time mom delivers at 41w1d, which is what I've been seeing all over the web. I was starting to feel like I should just expect to go over 41 weeks, but it looks like the odds of delivering before then are actually in my favor.

Andaluza, my DH's anxiety has also increased as my pregnancy has progressed. For the first two trimesters, I felt like I was the only one who was concerned about how having a child is going to change our day-to-day lives. I was pretty frustrated with him for a while, because although he was excited about the pregnancy, I was the only one reading the baby and child development books, worrying about gathering baby supplies, researching daycare options, etc. I think Country Girl is right and that this is probably typical of men. Maybe it's easier for them to be more detached because they aren't physically reminded every second of every day that parenthood is imminent, or maybe it's an effect of socialization, or maybe both. I don't know. It is frustrating, though. Suddenly you're two-thirds of the way done, and they're like, "Whoa, we're having a baby!" And you're like, "Yeah..."

Okay, Country Girl, looks like today wasn't the day for either of us. Let's aim for tomorrow! So sorry you're feeling crummy. hug2.gif

#288 of 297 Old 06-24-2012, 07:33 PM

Going to be back for more later (I might even start the new thread:) but I wanted to paste this from the site that Caly just posted...

"The length of human pregnancy as calculated by ultrasonographic measurement of the fetal biparietal diameter (H. Kieler, O. Axelsson, S. Nilsson, U. Waldenströ) has a very nice table of 10 published studies, which found various means between 272-283 days. The authors contribute their own results as well, recording over 800 mothers who went into labor spontaneously. When pregnancy length was calculated using ultrasound in the second trimester the mean was 280.6 days, standard deviation 9.7 days. When it was calculated using LMP, the mean was 283.6 days with a standard deviation of 10.5 days."

Interesting. I thought the standard way to date a pregnancy was from the early 8/9 week ultrasound, but here it says second trimester u/s. How is everyone's due date being calculated? LMP, ultrasound (which?), O test day?

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#289 of 297 Old 06-25-2012, 08:41 AM

Boots, my doc is going off my 9 week ultrasound, but it's only two days off from my LMP.  My doc said that the early ones are very accurate.  That's interesting about the second trimester u/s.  By that point, I thought the growth started to become less regular.  Hmmmm.... 

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012.  Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013.
#290 of 297 Old 06-25-2012, 08:52 AM

Thanks about the thoughts and reassurance about dh, CaCountry and Caly. I also have to remember that he gets really cranky in the heat here in summer, since we have no sea/ocean nearby anymore and we can't escape to family in Spain this year, which I think is contributing. He's been reading the Bradley book diligently and taking notes, but was not as convinced about the hypnobabies informational track I played on the way to/from the grocery store the other day. I was hoping he'd read that one next.

Boots, hope you'll give some details about your shower! My edd is from my 8w 3d sonogram, but I think it's just one day earlier than my LMP date (and sometimes the same depending on the calculator used). I think it's pretty amazing, considering the seemingly crappy image that that sonogram produced from my ob's office, in contrast with the images from the perinatologist. He measured ahead in the 15 and 19 week u/s there, but I don't think there was a specific date identified through that information. 

#291 of 297 Old 06-25-2012, 12:39 PM

Hi All!

On the Husband/dad front, I love you you all have been saying here, mine is the same.  We have been on the baby makin' track for 2 years now- major roller coaster, and sometimes I am amazed that he is just 'getting' it now.  It is really cute though, we will be chatting about- being at a restrant and I keep reminding him of the things that we will no longer be able to do as freely.  Like spontaneous travel, movies, fancy dining etc.  I feel like he does not listen, then he will get all spazzy and look at me - with watery eyes and say... oh my goodness honey, we are going to have a little baby soon!  And I am like "oh yeah, yup".. late on the memo?  

I love the balance on the intervention issue on this thread,  lily, and everyone has great prospective on "smart intervention" and pain vs. suffering.  

Caly & CACountry I am thinkin' hard about you two- and sending calming energy your way!!!  I cannot wait to hear your birth stories and see pics of you beautiful babies... today??? maybe???

I did do a fertility treatment, femora- like clomid.  We are going from trigger date- but in the beginning the little bean was measuring small, which totally freaked me out, then now he measures big so whoflippin knows???  We are sticking to the LMP for now- guess I will go calculate my probabilities- love stuff like that boots, thanks for the link.

Andaluza & Boots-  I am glad you had great showers- that is so very exciting, the love of the community I think really helps at this stage in pregnancy.  I am super excited- my first baby shower is on July 8th.  

Boots- so sorry about your g-ma.  I have really had a hard time with what I cannot do in this pregnancy, stuff that you just have to let other people take care of but this really puts it into prospective, I am so sorry you cannot be there with her.  hug2.gif

Hyku- sp?? Very precious baby- true that on the birth- that healthy baby makes it all really small- because they are here and ADORABLE!!!!!!!

AFM- Went on a spontaneous trip to point reyes this weekend, to see a few of my 'young' friends bands play at a coffee shop in a quaint town up north.  It was wonderful but my dh can bike and climb and swim in the freezing water with a wet suit and I am the support person.  I do not mind it was beautiful, he also ate the best oysters- and I .... did not.  and had great wine and I ... had a tiny sip ; )  It was nice to do an old school trip like that- because I have been so sick it has only been possible for the past month.  I feel a little bad though because we should be working on the babies room but, guess that will come later.  

I was having quite the freak out in the middle of the night about 'what if I went into preterm labor' because I was gassy and there was nasty cleaning chemicals in the room we stayed in so I got a headache.  I was trying to plot our escape and think of how long it would take us to get to San Francisco.  There was spotty cell coverage.  I guess that I am in the part of pregnancy that if I went into labor the baby could survive with great medical help, but if I am in the middle of nowhere, It may take too long to get to a hospital- or a good one at that.  ERRRR.  The gas passed but I got terrible sleep, my little guy reassured me we were okay by dancing around- saying - hey mama, I am okay!!!

I am going home for 10 days- to New Mexico.  I have a flight, then we will drive to southern Colorado- there is two hours where I will be more than an hour from a good hospital, and possible out of cell coverage.  There are those emergency phones on the road though.  I will be fine, just thinking ahead- I really wigged my self out on this trip.  After this- no more rural and no more planes.  

I will be going to my baby shower at my mom's house, I started feel overwhelmed then my mom and her BFF met to get the final plans together and I realized- I do not have to do much- AHHH thank goodness.  

Guess I AM really pregnant now- I walked into a store and without hesitation the woman said- 'when is that baby due' and I have 3 months to go- errr, I am measuring big and this past three weeks have brought on a bigger bump- but I am not gaining weight- just getting bigger in the front.  DH was 11 lbs.  This Ert may be coming early : /  I feel like I am 8 moths pregnant.

#292 of 297 Old 06-25-2012, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

I just got back from my check up. The NST results were perfect. My cervix is still long and closed. Baby is apparently very happy where she's at and not planning to come out anytime soon.

I'm glad, of course, that she's doing well, but I am soooo frustrated that nothing is happening on the labor front. Having a little pity party at the moment. eyesroll.gif

#293 of 297 Old 06-25-2012, 02:52 PM

Ugh, Spacegirl! You cannot become an intergalactic explorer if you won't leave the womb! Glad she's still doing well but come on, chica! 

I'm getting so antsy I've been stalking the June and July DDCs...saw a post about evening primrose oil as a cervical ripener, thought about anything like that or have your midwives recommended anything?

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#294 of 297 Old 06-25-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calycanth View Post

I just got back from my check up. The NST results were perfect. My cervix is still long and closed. Baby is apparently very happy where she's at and not planning to come out anytime soon.

I'm glad, of course, that she's doing well, but I am soooo frustrated that nothing is happening on the labor front. Having a little pity party at the moment. eyesroll.gif

Ahhhh!  That must be soooo frustrating.  I'm sorry there's no progress yet.  Maybe you will be one of those ladies who just open up all at once and have the baby in like 5 minutes!  Glad the NST results were great though.

I'm already freaking out about wanting this kid to get here and I'm only 34 weeks.  :(  It's going to be a looooong 6-8 weeks. 

#295 of 297 Old 06-25-2012, 03:20 PM

I agree, Lily, I am going to be crazypants by 40 weeks.

You are all invited to Caly's pity party

Time: right now!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1356555/summer-2012-love-for-the-preggo-bajingos-having-1-in-our-30s

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#296 of 297 Old 06-26-2012, 10:31 PM

COME ON SPACEGIRLdizzy.gif!!!!

Had my 27/28 week and I guess:

#1 I am anemic :( Iron pills here I come.

#2 I gained one pound in one month but 3 inches of belly- that up down pelvic to sternum measurement- so conclusion: It's not me, it's the baby- he BIG and I do not have GD soooo, BIG ERT!

They said we will do an U/S next time to check his size but even if he is big and doesn't come out- they cannot induce until after 39 weeks- so basically they really do not press for induction, which is good maybe he will come out naturally early because THERE WON'T BE ROOM- haha haha.

Giddy Up little Space Girl- and CACountry Girl how is your progress???  

Heading out to New Mexico and Colorado, might have some internet- hope to see some BABIES!

#297 of 297 Old 02-05-2014, 06:04 PM

Hi everyone!

I accidentally posted on the previous blog! I just had a really quick question. Has anyone used and liked a fetal doppler? I've heard mostly good things, but also a couple negative things. However, I was looking at this site, http://www.fetaldopplerbeats.com, and it looks like everything is FDA approved? Does that mean it's actually safe for the baby?

Also, everyone seems to be talking about the sonoline b. What actually makes it so much better? For your reference, this is what I'm talking about: sonoline b fetal doppler. I would appreciate your help!

Fiona

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page