Bajingo in the Spring-O, Part Deux: Having #1 in Our 30's, Spring 2012 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-12-2012, 07:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The moby made so much more sense once he was in it. Practice with a teddy bear doesnt compre. I felt awkward during practice too.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2012, 07:46 AM

I stillheart.gif my moby! Of course I'm an idiot and dried mine so now it's half the size.......

Rosie: Sorry your birth story wasn't exactly like you wanted, but it sounds like you handled it well. I screamed like a banshee and cussed like a drunken sailor through my labor blush.gif

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

Old 04-13-2012, 08:25 AM

So nice to see you here, Rosie! It sounds like you are in a state of bliss!

What an adorable picture in your avatar, Ramzubo. Your description is so funny--I feel as though I could go either way, judging from how I deal with pain and stress in other situations, either like you letting it all out and vocalizing or cool and collected like Rosie. 

I have been considering the moby, but it's so hot here in the summer and our little one arrives in mid-August, so I am thinking about the baby K'tan breeze--any thoughts on that one? Dh has decided that he prefers a soft structured carrier, so the fact that the baby k'tan is sized isn't too much of a factor for us. The beco butterfly II and ergo seem to be well-liked here and elsewhere, so we'll be looking into one of those for him, if anyone has any thoughts about either of those.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 AM

Rose: Awwww! That's so cute/sweet your reaction to the Moby. Loveeeeeeeeeeeee.

AFM: Had my 20 weeks u/s yesterday. Confirmed that yessss, she's still a girl (duh, lol), and saw lots and lotssssssssssssss of her. Holy MOLY that is a long u/s. She cooperated for everything excepttttttttttt the pics of her brain wherein she crammed her little head in my pelvis and just didn't want to move. After much pressing and prodding and the tech putting me in the most uncomfortable position flat on my back anddddddddddd me telling her I was about to pass out and totally light headed... she got the pics. The pics she said were normally hard to get, were super easy with Ruby. Figures! But everything looks perfects, she's measuring exactly as she should for my due date (which is still unchanged). Not much else... feeling the same. Good, just a tad tired and still wackooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo dreams. Still trying to tackle the cloth diaper thing and totally overwhelmed and confused by like... oh, all of it. help.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andaluza View Post

What an adorable picture in your avatar, Ramzubo. Your description is so funny--I feel as though I could go either way, judging from how I deal with pain and stress in other situations, either like you letting it all out and vocalizing or cool and collected like Rosie. 

I have been considering the moby, but it's so hot here in the summer and our little one arrives in mid-August, so I am thinking about the baby K'tan breeze--any thoughts on that one? Dh has decided that he prefers a soft structured carrier, so the fact that the baby k'tan is sized isn't too much of a factor for us. The beco butterfly II and ergo seem to be well-liked here and elsewhere, so we'll be looking into one of those for him, if anyone has any thoughts about either of those.

We also have an Ergo Sport that DH wears. The Sport is supposed to be better for warm weather, but anytime a baby's snuggled in there it's going to get warm. With the infant insert it's warm, but once the baby gets big enough to take that out it's much cooler.

I think the sizing option on the k'tan might be better for warm weather. Now that I shrunk the moby (to almost half its original size!) it is more comfortable and the lesser amount of fabric makes it much cooler.

Old 04-13-2012, 10:39 AM

Hello ladies!  I just wanted to check in since I know it has been a VERY long time and I am so SORRY!  DH decided that he wanted to remodel the babies room (and the house)...at the start of my 3rd trimester so needless to say its a MESS at home, but slowly falling into place.  The twins are doing great and are both head down!  Yay!  I know I won't get the exact birth I want, but just having come into this world healthy is my main priority so I am ok with it!  I am incredibly lucky how pregnancy is treating me - same problems as before (carpal tunnel, heartburn, exhaustion) with some insomnia thrown in there, but can't complain....(but I do...haha).  Besides the stress (I know its bad) I am taking it one day at a time...  I'ma still lurk away but will get better at checking in!  winky.gif

RosieL - Congratulations on Odin!  I hope that you are enjoying your babymoon!

Boots - I really hope your OB is stepping up to the plate, but must admit, I'm not entirely in love with mine.  I hope that you are feeling better!  (and that school and your co-worker isn't driving you too crazy)  Glad that summer is coming and you get the rest and peace you deserve.

Calycanth - 29 weeks and counting!  How wonderful!  I admit I am a roller coaster of emotions and worry about the worst things....I just try to be be rational (as rational as a pregnant woman can get anyway) and think positive.  (And then repeat the my neurotic-ness the next day...haha)

Birdie, LivingSky, 2SweetSparrows, Dandy, CA Country Girl, Anda, Lily, Ram and to any new ladies I may have missed!  I hope that pregnancy or mommyhood is treating you wonderful!

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

Old 04-13-2012, 10:42 AM

EricaF - Congrats on baby girl!

I did also forget to mention I am so hungry all the time!!!!!!!!!!!  I also have no off switch so I too ate a whole bag of peanut M&Ms...when I wasnt hungry.innocent.gif

I will now have to go dig my Moby out and play with it, too.

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

Old 04-13-2012, 10:51 AM

Yay Bel, so glad everything is going well and the babies are getting ready for the big day!

Old 04-13-2012, 11:40 AM

Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 PM

Hi all.  Is Bel our next due date?  Is there someone sooner?   Caly- I think our due dates and I are really close together.  Can't believe I have only about 10 weeks left.  I will be done teaching for the summer in 3 weeks and then I can really buckle down and get ready for this little one.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 04-14-2012, 08:47 AM

Thanks, ladies, for the thoughts on the carriers. I wish there was a place that had a huge variety to try all at once, since it is a pretty big investment for some of them.

Great news about your scan, Erica. I love that they seem to have personalities in there.

So happy to hear from you, Bel

Yay for being so close, CaCountrygirl. It seems like we'll have another flurry of babies starting with Bel's and then you and Calycanth! So exciting.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

Old 04-14-2012, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yay, Rosie! joy.gif

I had to chime in and say we use a baby bjorn and an ergo. I love both. I found the baby bjorn to be easier when she was little, and I still use it around the house because its' easier for me to get her into (at least now, when she can't yet hold on tight for the backpack position with the ergo). But the ergo is AWESOME if DH helps me get her in it. She just fell asleep in it so deeply that I was able to get her out of it, then out of her jacket, and then put her in her crib. I think she's really comfortable in it.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 04-14-2012, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Bel, so glad you and the twins are doing well and that they're head down! I think your little ones probably needed those peanut M&Ms. I'm pretty sure my baby "needed" the jellybeans I ate last night. orngtongue.gif

CountryGirl, I know! I'm 30 weeks today. I can't believe how fast my belly is growing now that I'm in the home stretch. It's getting harder to bend over. I hope those last few weeks of work aren't too taxing. I remember what a scramble the end of the semester was when I was teaching.

Thanks to everyone for the carrier advice! We've been lucky enough to inherit two carriers from our friends (a Moby and a Bjorn), and I bought a Wrapsody early in the pregnancy. Rosie, it's good to know that the Moby makes more sense with a baby in it! I really felt like a mummy the first time I put it on.

We're having a lovely, rainy, springy Saturday so far. Went to a coffee shop for breakfast and then to the farmers' market. We're going to rearrange the bedroom and set up the crib this afternoon. I want it in place in case the baby comes before DH gets back from Alaska (he leaves in less than two weeks, so you'll probably be seeing some gloomy posts from me toward the end of the month). I've been having an awful time sleeping this week. I just can't get comfortable. I may break down and buy a Snoogle since I've heard such good things about them. I just hate to pay that much for a pillow, what with all the other expenses we have coming up.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

Old 04-14-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calycanth View Post

We're having a lovely, rainy, springy Saturday so far. Went to a coffee shop for breakfast and then to the farmers' market. We're going to rearrange the bedroom and set up the crib this afternoon. I want it in place in case the baby comes before DH gets back from Alaska (he leaves in less than two weeks, so you'll probably be seeing some gloomy posts from me toward the end of the month). I've been having an awful time sleeping this week. I just can't get comfortable. I may break down and buy a Snoogle since I've heard such good things about them. I just hate to pay that much for a pillow, what with all the other expenses we have coming up.

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

I bought the snoogle and it's been good, but it hasn't been miraculous. I'll just share my experience and you can judge if any of it would be applicable to you. One issue I had with it is that it is stiffer and higher than my regular memory foam pillow, so I was getting an achy jaw. It also sometimes happens to me with hotel pillows, so it's definitely an issue of mine. Now I don't rest my head on it, so that means I have to use another pillow. As I still sleep on my left side, I still get aches in my left hip, but I am beginning to think that it is an issue with the angle at which I sleep, since it is inconsistent. Also, before I was using a rolled up towel behind my back and that kept me pretty much in place. With the snoogle, it is not effective behind my back, so I place it in front of me, and I need to be in a hug position in relation to it. That way I stay in place.

I'm sure that all of these sleeping issues are idiosyncratic. What is annoying is that this morning I woke up because of the hip pain, went to the recliner and felt really comfortable there, but my cat freaked out and kept circling the recliner and jumping onto it, so I returned to the bed (and kitty calmed down). I slept for several more hours and woke up without any hip pain, hence my belief that it must have something to do with the angle in which I sleep or the length of time I sleep in the same position.

Old 04-14-2012, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

I, too, have a hard time with hotel pillow poofiness, so maybe the Snoogle wouldn't be a great fit for me. Ergh. Thanks for sharing your experience with it!

Old 04-14-2012, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Caly, I have the LeachCo All Nighter (available on Amazon).  It's great, though the cover is a b*$@$# to get off and wash (actually, it's the getting it back on again that makes me want to die).  It's very supportive of  both front and back and can be used as a nursing pillow after.  It's pretty big, so poor DH gets what's left of our full sized bed, but it has helped a ton with hip pain and everything else.  The head part is pretty low, so I use another pillow on top of that.  I like that it's built for left side sleeping, but works just as well for right side and you can curl the longer end of the "U" under you for maximal support.  I'm not huge yet though, so I can't say much for how it will help in the third tri.

In other news, I saw the baby kick for the first time yesterday and DH got to see it too (he was freaked out).  He also managed to catch four good kicks, which hasn't happened yet.  So that's super exciting.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:23 PM

Bel- so exciting - great news that the little ones are head down!  

Pillows- I also hate hotel pillows- I like my- (probably dust mite filled) flat very old pillow- I take it with me wherever I go.  I have been having these terrible round ligament pains at night.  So weird because my OB said when they happen make sure you rest and hydrate- well these pains are coming at night an waking me up.  I have them about two night in a row about even 5-8 days.  I am guessing they are growing pains.  She told me to put a pillow under the belly.   I will try that.  We'll see.  As summer approaches I get hot at night so I really do not want pillows surrounding me.  

Carriers- I have decided on the Moby and the Ergo.  Friends have given rave reviews.  The infant insert does seem like it will get warm.  With my babe arriving in late Sept- which is actually a fairly warm time here in the bay area- but it cools off zoo there after- I think we'll be fine with that carrier for dh.  I'll probably use the Moby more often.

Erica- I have my 20 wk in a 2.5 weeks.  I am nervous.  I hope it all goes well.  I have also been stressing a bit over the diaper thing- I have to admit I spent an entire work day (8 hours) watching diaper reviews- G diapers, Charlie Banana, Fuzzi Bunz, regular cloth, pocket- all-in-one- all in two, one size fits all etc.   I decided that everyone has different goals with diapering- 

1- cost (this changes according to how many children you pan to have)

2- green factor- for the environment and/or child

3- convenience (time, travel, child care sitters etc.)

4- style

5- effectiveness of the diaper (time between changes, leaks, durability (with the cloth all in one or the pocket diaper- the appearance of the outside is important)

Moms will have ALL different things to say about cloth diapering they all have their favorites- some go gaga over all of the choices and cuteness and in my opinion go crazy spending a ton of money trying different options.  Because I also feel overwhelmed at all of the options and advise this is what I have decided to do:

At whole foods I serendipitously went on a day when they were having a tabling with our local cloth diapering cleaning service.  I spoke with the rep for about 30 min about options.  THey have the service and a shop where they sell several of the all in one diapers that are not included in the laundering service.  I realized I do not know what I want to do and I do not know what I can handle as far as laundry goes.  I pictured myself with a mess of cute Charlie bananas diapers enjoying cloth diapers- until I saw the number- 80- 80!!!!! diapers in one week for an infant.  This number goes down as the child gets older.  I cannot believe it.  I am not a great domestic diva.  I love decorating and cooking but hate doing dishes and laundry.  I am terrible at it.  now I am really kidding myself if I think I can keep up with this- it is not in my nature and if I am being honest with myself I will realize that I will not succeed at this and that I am setting myself up for failure.  Therefore I have made a plan.

As to not paint myself into a diaper corner I am going to grow as a mommy WITH my baby.  I will start out the first two months with 7th generation (or any green diaper that is on sale) diapers that I will pre-order from diapers.com.  I will do this for the first two months when the poop is said to be runny and changes have to happen often.  At 3 or 4 months I will subscribe to the cloth diaper service for 1-2 moths to see if I can handle that.  In that time I will take a few days with purchased flat diapers to see how laundering them goes for me.  If I like the flat diapers I will either decide to get a sprayer on my utility sink and invest in all in ones or flat diapers (probably get those little inserts so you can peel the poop off and toss in the potty) or if I like them but think the laundry is too much I will go ahead with purchasing the rest of the diaper covers I will need and continue with the service.  Our service it from $20-$25 a week includes drop off and pick up- a storage container and chemical-free laundering, you can leave the poop on the diaper too.

I am hesitant to make a decision based on other moms reviews and invest time and money in something that will not work for our family.  Getting the diapering products is easy trip to the store or an online purchase can supply us with what we need.  Hope I didn't bore y'all to tears.  I have been thinking a lot about this and getting tons of advise I don't know what to do with.

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

Old 04-16-2012, 02:37 PM

I just thought I’d share my cloth diapering system with you ladies, in case you’re interested.  I used Earth’s Best disposables the first week (until his poop was no longer meconium) and then I used them at night the second week.  The third week we went cloth full time (except for one all day trip).

My cloth stash:

16 New and Used Kissaluvs Fitted Diapers

5 New Thirsties Covers to go over the Kissaluvs

12 New all-in-one Fuzzibunz and Bumgenius

=28 diapers and 5 covers. I spent $350 on the whole lot.

The Kissaluvs only go to 15lbs so I bought 4 more All-in-ones (Rumparooz, Imagine, Fuzzibunz and Bumgenius) last week and I’ll probably buy 4 more over the next month to replace the kissaluvs, so another $130 Total cost under $500 (fwiw my disposables ran about $12 for a 44 count pack which lasted about 5 days). I don’t feel I really need any more than this because we’ve been getting by fine washing on the third day.

Washing: I’m lazy so I throw them all into the wash using the same Ecos detergent we use for ourselves. Run them on a long hot cycle and then dry them in the dryer. It’s been almost 3 months and this has worked fine, no leaking or destroying of diapers. Super easy.  Oh, I do have a diaper sprayer too.

Old 04-16-2012, 02:46 PM

Thank you so much Rambzubo!!  If I think I can handle the laundry I like the idea of the sprayer/all-in-one combo type/ paper poop thing.  I think I remember that you work at home???? Laundry every three days seems hard to me- I wonder how many more you would need to get that to one a week- probably double?

edit- those kissluvs are super cute and can be use with the covers from flat diapers- nice!

Old 04-16-2012, 03:19 PM

Yeah, I work from home so it's not hard for me to do laundry. I think double would work, especially if you start later when they don't go as often. I think a lot of estimates for how many diapers you need factor in a change every 2 hours, but most people I know (and me too) aren't going to wake up their baby just to change a diaper! Ds gets changed when he feeds so when he sleeps 5 hours at night I let him sleep through a change.

Old 04-16-2012, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Sparrows, I made the same decision (essentially).  We're doing a diaper service for the first few months until we figure out what we're doing.  There was no way I was going to invest a lot of money in diapers that may not work for me, for my baby, or for our lifestyles.  And for us $20 a week isn't bad (that's what the service costs in our area).

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

So I went for my monthly appointment, everything looks and sounds good. And she got all the info she wanted from the last ultrasound, so no ultrasound for me for another four weeks. 4 more weeks of Team Green, Honey Badger! If I weren't so, so busy these last few weeks of school, I might try to get one of the elective ultrasounds or something, but there's really no time. I also will have to do my glucose test the weekend before the last week of school, bleh.

Heartburn is wicked today...anyone have any recommendations besides Tums?

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
Old 04-16-2012, 09:12 PM

What I did when I was pregnant was order a trial pack of cloth diapers that I could try out many different kinds to see what I liked and then return the ones I didn't want and keep the ones I liked.  I think using a diaper service is a good way to figure out if you are into cloth diapering or not too though.

Right now we use a combo of prefolds with covers and pockets.  A lot of the diapers that we have I bought used when I found a good deal on craigslist. 

I do laundry every other day.  I wash the baby's clothes with his diapers after the initial rince.  How I figure it with the amout of mess my kid makes I am going to have to do baby laundry a lot anyhow.  Laundry is really easy for me.  I just dump it in when I get a chance and take it out when I get a chance.  I don't have to make a big project about it unlike when I do the big people laundry.

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 04-17-2012, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Sparrows, that sounds like a great idea. There are no diaper services in our area, otherwise we'd be doing that, too. I've decided to go the sample route. So far, I have three one-size pocket diapers - a FuzziBunz, a bumGenius, and a Thirsties (their pocket diapers actually come in two sizes, but I digress). One of my friends sent us a bunch of newborn disposables, so we'll start with those, try out the cloth, and order a stash of whatever we like best after Spacegirl arrives. I can count the number of times I've changed a diaper on one hand, so no matter what kind we use, it will probably be a disaster in the beginning. winky.gif

Bootsie, glad your appointment went well! So they are going to do another ultrasound in four weeks? Hopefully the 'Badge is more cooperative this time! My midwives told me that all of the OTC heartburn medications are safe, so I've been on Prilosec since the beginning of my second trimester.

Erica, congrats on a problem-free scan! Mine took a long time, too, but I thought it was because our tech was a trainee.

I sent my boss an email with my "official" maternity leave dates yesterday, and she approved them, so that's all set! I'd originally planned to work until I pop, but I was thinking about it this weekend and decided that might not be the best idea. I think I'm going to be too freaking tired to work at the end. Plus, it would be nice to spend a little time with DH after he gets back from Alaska and before the baby arrives. So, I'm on leave as of June 11, at which point I'll be 38 weeks. I'm counting the days.

Old 04-17-2012, 08:28 PM

Caly- Yay for the dates- It coming up soooo fast.  Thant is very exciting.

Tank- Thanks for the diaper insight- think I'll do a trial pack when we are on the service stage so we can decide between prefolds and fancy types.

Boots- congrats on your scan- glad everything went well.  My OB also listed Pepcid or like Caly said Prilosec should be fine.  She explained that the difference is the aforementioned prevent the acid as Tums and Mylanta just react to neutralize it.  I have been eating Tums like candy- if it gets any worse I will switch to OTC.  Hope you find some resolve with that!

Lily- glad to see you are thing the same on the diaper conundrum- I was so tempted to spend a buch of money on cute fancy diapers then I kept thinking- 'What if I hate them and I have spent 500 on them- ahhhhhh'  I look forward to seeing what you think about the service.

I am 17 weeks- yay.  I have started to freak out about all of the things I need to get done in the second half of pregnancy.  To make myself feel better I went out today and bought a Peg Pereggo Viaggo car seat that perfectly matches my car.  There were a few things I wanted new and one was a car seat the other was a organic crib mattress.  I am going to buy one for half price on Zulily.  It is made of coconut, wool and latex.  I hope it works out all right because they are not returnable.  I also bought a bassinet for the city select baby jogger I had bought for the twins because I spoke with an occupational therapist that was telling me the baby should lie flat more often than most people allow because the infant bones are still fusing.  I guess lots of folks keep their baby in the car seat to sleep and attach to the stroller or in swings that crump them up- OHMAgoodness just when I am getting a hang of this pregnant thing there are a million 'things' to know about baby rearing- then it'll be toddler- then child then teen.  It is all a bit overwhelming.  Well I guess my mom never obsessed and I turned out alright.  

Hope you ladies are having a great week!

Old 04-17-2012, 11:06 PM

Caly, 30 weeks! Unbelievable! I am glad you decided to take some time off before the birth. You deserve it. So, I will here admit, as you went first, I have NEVER changed a diaper. Not once.

I am going to take the advice here and take some pepcid each day, I had wicked heartburn today and ended up vomiting when I got home from work. It's in the 90s here already and the heat in my car doesn't help. Five more weeks after this. I am also experiencing some pretty intense sciatic nerve pain. I had huz do an ice massage tonight, helped a bit but not enough. A chiropractor might be in my future, I've never been but I don't think I'm going to make it unless this eases up. Looking up how to do my pelvic tilts on the yoga ball, I have not had luck otherwise. At the end of these five weeks, I might be teaching from a yoga ball.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
Old 04-18-2012, 09:40 AM

Ladies, I'm gonna crosspost this from my DDC, I could use any opinions...

Of course since I had an appointment Monday and felt fine, yesterday was a really rough day. I threw up but worse than that, my back pain is getting intolerable. I think/thought it was sciatic nerve pain, but it just keeps getting worse and I'm worried it's something else (more likely a UTI or something, doc checked my cervix on Mon and said everything looks good and baby sounds good). They are sending my urine out to be cultured but I don't know how much longer I can stand this.  Before the pain was just there when changing position or putting strain on my back, now it's pretty much all the time. I am starting to be uncertain it's sciatic nerve pain. It doesn't go far down my leg, it's just like a little higher than my butt and goes halfway down on the left side.

I was thinking of going to a chiropractor but I think I better verify that it's sciatic nerve pain first. I'm having a little uterine cramping, too. I hope there's a simple explanation for this.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
Old 04-18-2012, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Boots, you should have seen DH and me attempt to diaper a doll at our childbirth education class. It's a good thing it wasn't a real baby. I'm sure there would have been poo everywhere, and the poor doll wound up with some seriously droopy drawers. I definitely think you should take something for the heartburn. There's no need to suffer if it's really bad.

Sparrows, I know virtually nothing about taking care of children. Don't worry, we'll figure it out. thumb.gif

I went to work this morning but left after about 30 minutes. We're renovating the clinic, which is poorly ventilated, and the paint fumes were so heavy that the air was actually hazy. The nurse practitioner basically ordered me to leave, and I was more than happy to comply. The rest of the staff stayed, but I told them that if anyone got so much as a mild headache they should lock up and go home. So, I unexpectedly have the day off, which is nice.

DH really got to see and feel the baby moving yesterday morning. We had just woken up, and she was kicking and rolling and flipping and just having a grand old time, and for once she didn't stop when I put his hand on my stomach. He was blown away by how strong she is and how my belly rippled when she moved around. He kept smiling and laughing and said it was like an earthquake in my stomach. I wish he could feel her the way I do.

Old 04-18-2012, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter

Boots, definitely call your doctor. That's what she's there for. You don't have to figure this out on you own.

Old 04-18-2012, 10:46 AM

Caly, enjoy your bonus day off! I hope everyone else in your office can breathe, geez. It's so cool your huz can really feel spacegirl now. J will be like, "I just felt a twitch" I'm like, that's it, dude! What do you want? I've got a belly covering that baby and you KNOW HB doesn't like to cooperate for anything.

So my doc already got back to me (It was so worth all the crap I went through to get to this practice). They're going to start me on macrobid for a UTI even though the culture isn't quite back yet. I am hoping, hoping hoping that this is a UTI (feeling sweaty and weird too). Now if it could just hurry up and be 3 o clock. I'm proctoring standardized testing this week, OMG time CRAWLS. And I feel too crappy to get any real work done.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List