Bajingo in the Spring-O, Part Deux: Having #1 in Our 30's, Spring 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 297 Old 04-29-2012, 11:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Rosie- so Cute!!!    boc.gif

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 297 Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 AM

Oh Godddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd. He is so sweet!!!! What an awesome pic, Rosie! Super Aw!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#123 of 297 Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 AM

Rosie!
Soooo cute and precious! I needed that this morning.

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#124 of 297 Old 04-30-2012, 04:39 PM

#125 of 297 Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Hey everyone, I've been somewhat out of the loop lately, but I had to check in and comment on how freaking adorable Odin is!  So squishable and sweet!  Congrats!  Hope you're feeling better after your epic birth, Rosie!

In other news, not much actual news, which is why I haven't been posting much.  I'm at 26 weeks and waiting for teaching to end so I can finish up some research and start seriously nesting.  Can't wait!

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#126 of 297 Old 05-02-2012, 09:52 AM

Hello everyone!

Hope everything is wonderful and that mommas and babies are doing great!

Boots - I hope that resting and ice are helping with the pain.  You mentioned heartburn awhile ago - I had/have crazy heartburn at times.  Pepcid worked for a little bit, but I would still take Tums until I switched to Prevacid which has worked wonders-after 3 days I forgot about taking Tums.  (Its on my OBs safe list)  Glad school year is almost done for you - get some rest and away from stress!

Caly - awesome for your dates turned in!  I was also thinking about working until I pop, but think I will stop at around 37 weeks.  Rest is important and our bodies need us to slow down!  I love the belly pic btw!  (Now I want donuts...winky.gif)

2sweetsparrows - Congrats on the little man! joy.gif

Birdie, Lily, Cathleni, Anda, Ram, tank and everyone I missed - wave.gif

Rosie - such a handsome baby!  Congrats again and thank you for sharing!

Ericaf - as time gets closer, I'm having a whole bunch of "Holy Crap" moments...orngbiggrin.gif

AFM - I totally jinxed myself on that last post.  That weekend I had an upper respiratory infection that made it really hard to breathe.  I had a baby class that Sunday which gave us a tour of L & D but I ended up being admitted that Tuesday so I got an unexpected experience...it was ok.  I'm better and the babies were always ok.  Then last week I got an awful ear infection - I know now how much I appreciate pain medication - Tylenol did not help!  Well, the pain is gone but my hearing is slow to return.  Babies are still good so thats most important!

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

#127 of 297 Old 05-02-2012, 11:34 AM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

hug2.gifBel, sorry you got that sick! It stinks not being able to take anything for pain! Hope your ears are healing now, glad the babies and their mama are okay! You are so right about rest and I bet that is true especially with twins!  Glad to hear from you. My back is doing better, I got a big back ice pack and am using it morning and night. Also trying to be more conscious of my posture and alignment. I will look into the prevacid if pepcid stops helping. If I forget I almost always get sick. Which reminds me to take it now!

Rosie, I might be the last to say it, but I still mean it! What a sweetheart you've got there. :)

Lily, how much longer until your school year ends? I've got 11 more school days. Not that I have a countdown right here on my desk or anything ;)

Hope everyone is doing well and taking care of themselves. I sometimes get lost in all the hubub and forget to take care of myself in special ways (like watching how I sit and walk to minimize back pain) and then I remember that truly is the most important thing.

Wish me luck, the teacher I am REALLY hoping will take my maternity leave is subbing next door and I am going to talk to him. We'll see if he wants a long term assignment like that but he says this is his favorite school so we'll see. I turned in my dates, too, but they are kind of absurd. I said my first day off would be 8/13 when I am due the 14th or the 15th. I just had to turn in something and then we can modify them later, and I don't want to use any of my time before the baby is born IF I can help it.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#128 of 297 Old 05-02-2012, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Hi ladies, just checking in!

Bel, glad to hear you and the babies are doing fine in spite of your recent illnesses. That just sucks!  I'm glad I'm not the only slacker starting her leave before the baby actually arrives. orngtongue.gif Seriously though, hauling one baby around is hard enough. I can't imagine what it must be like with two!

LilyTiger, good luck finishing up your semester!

Boots, you are brave soul, planning to stick it out until the bitter end! How are you feeling? You are so right about needing to take special care of ourselves right now. It's so easy to forget that, or to feel like you should just push through the aches and pains and exhaustion.

I overdid it at work last week and was rewarded with three hours of rather intense BH contractions on Friday night, which was scary, especially since DH is gone. I guess I need to slow down a bit. Also, I found out yesterday that one of the NPs at work is throwing me a baby shower! I really didn't think I was going to have one, and I cried a little bit when she told me.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#129 of 297 Old 05-02-2012, 04:49 PM

Bel - wow you're going through the ringer. :-/ glad the babies are good.

Thanks all. I think Odin is pretty cute too. I may be biased.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#130 of 297 Old 05-02-2012, 04:59 PM

Yay, spacegirl shower! That brightens my day :)

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#131 of 297 Old 05-02-2012, 09:54 PM

Hey ladies-

Rosie- congratulations again on your gorgeous boy.

Caly- so glad you are getting a shower.  You and the babe deserve the celebration.  My sister is giving me one this weekend even though it is my 2nd baby, partly to help my older daughter feel involved with welcoming the baby.  I didn't think I would get another one, but it is kind of fun.

Finals Week here, so I have been really busy grading and wrapping up the semester.  I will be cutting down to just tutoring 5 hours a day 2 days a week after this week.  I admire those of you that are thinking of staying to the end, but I would advice you to be flexible on the idea.  I am really feeling the need to slow down now at 32 weeks.  I am the kind of person who usually just pushes through feeling tired and overworked, but you really can't do that at 8 months pregnant- not good for you or the little one.  I had my last 6 weeks off with my DD since she was born 2/7 and I would have been off starting mid December for Winter break, and I think it was important prep time- trying to get my mind and body prepared for the birth.  Even if you can't take off work early, make sure to make time to rest!

Hugs to you all.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#132 of 297 Old 05-02-2012, 10:36 PM

Wow, Bel, I am sorry for how sick you got, but glad to hear that the babes are doing well! Hope you're feeling much better soon.

Boots, I hope the discussion with the potential sub went well. I can see how important that will be--it's at the beginning of the school year, right? Dh is a teacher and if baby comes on time it will be just a week before he's got to set up for the year. If he comes late, then it will be right when he starts, so we aren't sure how that will work out. 

That's exciting about the shower, Calycanth!! I am sorry that the bh were scary. I have heard a lot about them, but don't think I have experienced any yet. I do get heaviness and some round ligament pain when I walk sometimes.

Glad to hear you can slow down right when you need to, CaCountry. I am hoping I can get some important projects close to completion before my energy peters out.

I had a shower at work today! It was really nice, even though I was nervous and had no idea how it would turn out. It was nice to feel support and interest from my colleagues, since we tend to be pretty independent and I don't really socialize with many of them. Although very few people paid much attention to our registries, I think we got lots of things that we'll be able to use, a pretty wide variety. Dh's work is also throwing us a shower later in the month and my family/friends back home will do a long distance celebration via skype, I think, much later. Suddenly we have stuff and we haven't decided on where to store any of it yet, especially since the baby will be in our bedroom at the beginning and people will be in the guest bedroom/future child room. I think we need to set up a storage space in our bedroom. 

Hope the rest of the week goes well for everyone.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#133 of 297 Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 AM

andaluza, I didn't know your huzbin was a teacher. What grade? August babies are tough in that situation. Our school starts August 6. I have no idea what to expect as far as early/late/on time. I have to report back to work July 26 for training and then a week without the kids. I am stressing because I just realized I have to make lesson plans for 8 weeks. That's not a huge deal, but what is confusing is how I will end up having grades for the quarter, and how the kids will do tests, and if the sub will make his or her own copies, etc. The guy said he'd do 4 weeks of my maternity leave (I'm taking 8) so I'm not sure it will work out.

CACountryGirl, it sounds like you teach high school or college. I know I will want to slow down and not work right up until the end, but I have to give HR some dates, and since there's no way of knowing, I just picked, the secretary said I could change them later.

I had a really rough night. I just threw a fit, basically. I just am battling anger and frustration and stress at the way this year is ending, and not feeling good about other things in my life on top of that. I had tried to go on Zoloft for these last 6 weeks but it upset my stomach so badly that I couldn't take it. I got very little sleep and was a horrible, angry monster, basically. It's just two more weeks of school, but there is so much going on in those two weeks I can barely explain it. Tons of paperwork, field trips, dances, a promotion ceremony for 8th grade, getting our rooms ready for summer (our last day is the kids' last day, which is challenging).

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#134 of 297 Old 05-03-2012, 11:14 AM

Hugs boots. I'm sorry your hormones and emotions are trolling you so hard. Hopefully you'll get peace and balance restored this summer. :more hugs:

Non alcoholic boone, anyone?

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#135 of 297 Old 05-03-2012, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Boots, it looks like we have the same end of year point!  My last class is the 16th, but then I still have commencement/convocation stuff to do the next week.  I'm hoping to bang out the last of my work responsibilities by the end of the month (grading, writing, etc.) so then I can just play around with baby onesies all day.  What are you planning on doing (other than sleep and playing with onesies) with your (brief) time off?  (And yes, I totally have a countdown on my desk too....  I think it's part of the job).

Rosie, I will take a non-alcoholic Boone, thanks!  On that note, I can't wait until I can have a delicious IPA or glass of wine.  I know a lot of people have a glass or so in pregnancy, but I'm still in super paranoid mode so I'm teetotalling for the time being.  :(

Caly, that's great about your shower.  Every momma deserves to be celebrated with tiny little onesies (can you tell I have onesies on the brain?).  So glad you'll get that.  As far as BH, I'm pretty sure I've had them, but I don't really feel anything when it happens other than uterine hardness.  Dunno if it changes as you get further along.  Speaking of which, how crazy that you're coming up so soon!  I can't believe it's May already.  It must be insane to have a June due date and watch summer coming.

CACountry, I'm really lucky that I get to take basically the last two months of pregnancy off (other than writing, which I can do in my pajamas).  I really feel for people who have to bust until the very end.  I have no idea how I'll feel in the last month, but I'm not anticipating I'll be bouncing off the walls with energy so it will be nice to just lay around in the A/C all day watching BBC dramas.

AFM, I had a great doc appoint today.  Measuring at 28 weeks at 26.5 and weight gain, GD test, and other randomness are all normal, so I'm feeling pretty good about things.  Heard a nice strong heartbeat and am now feeling the baby smack around into things while I type.  Awesomeness all around.  Hope everyone's having a great week! 

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#136 of 297 Old 05-04-2012, 12:47 PM

Lilly- Yay for a good appointment!  

Boots- So Sorry to hear about your frustration and discomfort- the end is near, then you can concentrate on self-care and little honey badger!  You can do it!!!

Andaluza- So sweet that you had a baby shower at work- I hear you on the guest room/baby room thing- we have 2 bedrooms and a few other type rooms- I really want to get the official baby room set up but then we have to turn our office into a spare room and it is kind of awkward for that but I'll have to get creative to make it look nice.  I just went on a buying kick and am storing it in the guest room and we have guests all of May.  they can enjoy the baby stuff- I guess.

CAcountry- I agree about slowing down.  I think I am a bit crazy for taking my pregnancy off then starting grad school a month before baby is born- it was my only choice and it is part time- I am a bit worried about my state of anxiety then but I'll have lot's of support.

Caly- yay for the baby shower that is super sweet!!  Please take care of yourself- you deserve it and being without your husband must be hard the stories of the end of pregnancy with BH contractions are a bit scary I keep wondering how you really KNOW you are going into labor.  

Bel- glad you and the babes are okay- I am so sorry your dealing with sickness on top of the pregnancy.  I would think evolution would get the picture that we cannot get sick in top of pregnancy!!!  Hope you recover well and get lot's of rest!

AFM- I have been lurking a bit just less time to post.  I had my 20 week scan on Wednesday- everything looks good-joy.gif he is so flipping cute I cannot even take it!  I will be starting my grad program in late August and little Ert is due 09/24, so I am on a kick to get everything done before mid-August.  I just went through a super buying spree and am about half way through my list. I bought a nice crib, a wood highchair, dresser and a pack n play. I am excited and nervous to get everything done before school.  I am actually felling faint movement- I think- maybe not- but I am looking forward to real obvious movement.  My Mother In Law is coming out tonight and will be here fore a few weeks then my mama, then it is my birthday.  I hope my MIL will help me get the house together - it is coming along really well- but I want to get the planter box done next week and I need to be careful about what I attempt. 

I hope you all are enjoying the spring and looking forward to summer- I cannot believe most of you will be leaving this thread within a few months-OMGoodness!!!

#137 of 297 Old 05-06-2012, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Hey everyone! It's been quiet in here.

Sparrows, thanks! I'm going to be more careful about resting when I need to from now on. Congrats on the scan and hooray for tiny baby kicks! joy.gifStarting a graduate program in your third trimester will be challenging, but you can do it! One of the best things about graduate school is the flexible schedule. If you're not working while you're in school, you'll be able to to do most of your work when you feel up to doing it.

LilyTiger, glad to hear everything is normal and that you're feeling good. It sounds like your pregnancy coincides perfectly with your schedule! I can't believe I'm going to have a baby next months. It's hard to wrap my mind around it. 

Boots, how are you feeling? hug2.gif I know you've been totally overwhelmed, and I'm so sorry. You WILL get through it. Don't hesitate to ask the people in your life who aren't pregnant for help, and hang in there!

CountryGirl and Andaluza, hope you had fun at your showers! I think CG is right: every pregnancy deserves to be celebrated. I'm so glad your friends, family, and coworkers get that!

I'm 33 weeks and looking undeniably pregnant. Strangers are beginning to comment on it. So far, I'm enjoying the attention (probably because none of it has been creepy and no one as tried to touch me). I'm so physically uncomfortable, though. I'm using five pillows at night (two under my head, one behind my back, one under my belly, and one between the knees) and I still wake up all achy and have to readjust everything several times during the night. The pain is mostly in my hips and legs, but whichever side of my belly I've been laying on also hurts. I really don't know what to do about it, so I guess I'll just have to suck it up until this baby makes her debut. I'm getting a massage on Thursday. I can't wait!

My mom is coming to visit this Friday and will be staying for a couple of weeks. I'm really excited to see her, and she's stoked to help me get things ready for the baby. She already sent me a list of meals she wants to cook and put in the freezer for us, and she said she's going to buy a cheap sewing machine and make baby clothes while I'm at work. Plus, she's good company. Gotta love moms!

#138 of 297 Old 05-06-2012, 07:46 PM

Boots, sorry about all the stress and frustration. Yup, my husband does TESOL and regular subjects with non-Spanish speaking (mostly refugee) kids in 4th and 5th grades. The kids are amazing and have been through so much; he loves his job and working with them. He doesn't know if they have any policy for family leave or if he'll just have to take vacation time. I hope he gets on the ball and finds out, since I refuse to be the one who always makes the calls and finds this stuff out when he is just as capable.

Lily, glad to hear about the good doc visit! I have my gd test and further blood work on Tues, so I'm hoping it goes well for me, too.

Sparrows, how wonderful that the 20w scan went so well! I keep looking back at our pictures and videos and imagining how he must be developing. It's so cool!

Calycanth, I'm so happy to hear that your mom will be there with you soon! Have you tried pelvic tilt exercises? We did some of these in my natural birthing class and the instructor mentioned that one of the benefits was easing back and pelvic/hip pain because it helps take the pressure from the uterus off these areas. I know I've mentioned my hip pain here before, which I've had for quite a while and I think these are helping. Here's a website I found that explains them (I do them on all fours): http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/keeping-fit/week-33/tilt-it.aspx  and also on the exercise ball (I do figure 8s moving my hips on the ball); this is a video I found http://www.monkeysee.com/play/13579-prenatal-exercises-pelvic-tilts  Maybe they will help?

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#139 of 297 Old 05-06-2012, 10:35 PM

Caly, I'm sorry you're not comfortable. Hip pain sucks! I recommend ice. I have been much better with the combination of the chiropractor and I got one of the big "back pad" ice packs from Walgreens. You might think it's really the chiropractor that helped but when I stopped icing it after I went twice, I had to go back for an emergency appointment I was so miserable. So I think ice is your friend. I am up to 4 pillows, btw :) 2 head, 1 belly, 1 knees.

Andaluza, what a great age/population of kiddos for your DH.  So cool. I hope he keeps his passion! I hope mine returns after this pregnancy. Good luck with your GD test. I'm taking mine next Saturday.

Lily, here are some things I am going to do when I am done with school: Stay up all night and play Sims 3, read a ton of books, knit a ton of stuff for our baby and the many babies that I know being born, wear low-cut tops! bake stuff...watch bad tv. I will also probably do a fair amount of baby shopping/organizing, hopefully by then we'll know the sex! Good luck with your end of year stuff. 9 more days of work here! I think PJs and BBC dramas sound great! I wish there was more Downton Abbey to watch! :)

9 more days of school. Thanks so much for the support. Trying to really take it a day at a time and get as much done each day as possible. My big worry right now is that field day is Tuesday, and I'm expected to be outside in 91 degree heat for 3 hours with the kids. Ugh. And okay, so Honey Badger's big secret hopefully will be revealed within the next two weeks. A week from Monday I go back to the doc, she said she'd give me a U/S order. Might not make it in until the 18th or later, but it's coming.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#140 of 297 Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 AM

Wanted to give this a bump and was wondering about some of our quiet friends. :)

Bel, how are you? How much longer now, can't be too long! Hope those babies are being nice to their mama.

Cathelini, how many more days of school for you? Hope you're feeling good.

Why is that no matter how much time passes, I swear my ticker still looks in that same center position!?

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#141 of 297 Old 05-08-2012, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsvalentine View Post

Why is that no matter how much time passes, I swear my ticker still looks in that same center position!?

Ohhh that ticker definitely slows the closer to your due date!

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#142 of 297 Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 AM

Hi everyone!  I'm just peeking in... I have my first ultrasound on Friday so I don't want to jinx anything beforehand.  I'll be 6 weeks 3 days so hopefully this little bean will be in the right place and we can see a healthy heartbeat.  So far I'm feeling semi-okay for six weeks pregnant.  Terrible constipation is the main "complaint", and I definitely feel bloated and fatigued.  Thankfully, NO spotting this time!!  Hooray! 

We've decided to keep this pregnancy a secret (well, mostly) until after the ultrasound.  I have terrible thoughts about going in and the doctor telling me there's no baby in there, or there's no heartbeat, etc.  Fear has been a huge battle for me.  I don't really know how to expect the best, and I'm usually a very positive person. I think losing an early pregnancy steals a lot of the joy I should be feeling this time around.

But, with every day that passes, I am feeling a little bit more confident.  Fingers crossed for Friday!!  smile.gif

Me (32) and DH (30) welcomed our precious baby boy 1/2013... life is good.

#143 of 297 Old 05-08-2012, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

I've also been wondering about Bel. Hope you're feeling good, mama!

Boots, I felt the same way about my ticker until very recently. I was just telling DH last night that it seems like it takes FOREVER to grow a baby.

I'm doing my first load of baby laundry (clothes, blankets, bibs, etc.) right now!  It feels kind of momentous. And I'm leaving for a doctor's appointment in about 10 minutes. I'm meeting the OB who works with my midwives today.

#144 of 297 Old 05-08-2012, 12:13 PM

hug2.gifPitch! The first several weeks are so scary. I didn't really feel confident until after our 12 week ultrasound when we saw something vaguely human-shaped squirming around in there! I can't imagine after a loss, as well. I think that the best advice that I got is that your worry doesn't affect the outcome, so try to stay out of distress if possible. So glad you are joining us. Good luck with your U/S. Are you still with the fertility clinic? I loved that they were so attentive, how many times did they check your betas?

Caly, good luck with the OB. I hope you like him/her.

My parents emailed me and let me know my aunt and uncle are sending me a bunch of stuff I packed up two summers ago that my grandma wanted me to have. It's like a lot of good china and stuff like that. My grandma is still living but lives in a very small place. I am dreading the arrival of 6 more boxes of stuff when we are trying to clean and make room for baby stuff. Why did they have to decide now when it was packed up two years ago?

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#145 of 297 Old 05-08-2012, 12:34 PM

Pitch: I think you just coming in here and saying hi shows a lot. For some reason, I was much more confident with my 2nd pregnancy that my first (which was the early loss). Good luck on Friday! But I have a feeling you know you're golden. xx.

Boots: Lol. Do you remember when we were both so excited to be in double digits?! I feel like that wasn't all that long ago, but it was 14 weeks ago for me! Ooofa!

AFM: Just acquired a ton of 2nd hand baby goodies from my cousin. Good lordddddd, I have SIX leaf sized bags of cloths up to 2T. Very excited about that. Now I just need to sort through the sizes and put away what I won't be using right away. Also scored a bassinet, moses basket, monitor, pool floaty, 2 sets of crib bedding, jumper, and for our parents houses... a pack and play, play mat, diaper bag (for my MIL who will be babysitting when I go back to work), and a crib set for her house. Nice! My DH is having a slight meltdown with the amount of stuff that is now coming into the house. He's busy going through his closets/dresser today getting rid of crap he doesn't need... consideringggggggg his stuff is all in the babies future room! He's got a lot of work to do. He's on vacation for the next couple of weeks, so he has quite a list. Next up, painting the nursery! We just ordered the crib too... really excited about all this. My major in college was Design which I don't really use at my job at all, so I'm in my gloryyyyyyyy putting this room together. And I just started putting together my cloth diaper stash, which are about the cutest things ever... even MORE excited there! Sheepish.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#146 of 297 Old 05-08-2012, 06:56 PM

Erica- I am also super excited about decorating my nursery.  I love decorating and design and I also don't get to use my art background in my job so this will be great! 

Pitch- Welcome Welcome over here!! I am super excited for you- Honestly I was thinking this place was going to be really empty really soon- I think i am second to least far along in my pregnancy here.  I totally empathize with your situation- I lost a pregnancy at 16 weeks then had an early loss.  I was so hesitant to loose myself in excitement in this pregnancy and I finally allowed my self to go to prenatal yoga and tell all of my family and friends.  I wish you the very very best- the innocents is lost but it can still be a cautiously invigorating and thrilling experience.  

Rambuzo- don't say that- ahhhhh I am super excited to be at the halfway point but I feel like the next big milestone is either 30 or 36 weeks which is forever away- guess I am just going to savor the time to sleep and prepare! How is your leetle guy?

Caly- I hope you like the OB in case you end up having to work with them.  I just opened a package of baby clothes I ordered- it makes it really real to handle baby clothes- ahhhhhh :)

Boots- not much more to go until you can meet your summer fun goals- hoe your field trips go well!!

Andaluza- Bel and all others- hope your pregnancies are all going really well!!

AFM- I have one more fetal echo next week.  I am plugging away at my craigslist purchasing madness!  I will now have a crib, dresser/changer, glider and need a hamper and other decor but the major stuff is out of the way- I think it would be fun when my mom is out here to sew the crib bedding- I just want a quilt for the floor when we play and a crib skirt.  I am not going to have a bumper or any fabric stuff in the bed.  Actually he will be sleeping in the co-sleeper for a long while and probably naps in the crib.  

What do you all think about sound vs video monitor?  I am debating on whether or not we want a hand held video monitor????

My goals this week are to pick up on on my prenatal vitamins- I have been slacking- floss more : ) and start to really read some of the pregnancy and baby books I bought when Borders went out of business.  

brasos!!!

#147 of 297 Old 05-08-2012, 07:33 PM

Sparrows, actually 24 weeks is a big milestone, considered "viability" where babies that are born early have a 50/50 chance of surviving. Then there's entering 3rd trimester! All pretty major stuff.

I can't decide about sound vs. video monitor, either. I have assigned that decision to the huz but he's slow on the uptake. I dunno, I keep going back and forth. I hear a lot of people say video is just superfluous, but a lot of people say they wanted to switch after just having sound, too. But we're using a cosleeper until it's outgrown, too, so maybe we can postpone the decision...

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#148 of 297 Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
privateeyes.gif boots, you'll probably want a monitor for naps at least from the start. From my experience, I wanted to check on her a million times with the sound monitor, but what I wanted was to see and hear breathing: that's what calmed me. I don't think a video monitor can show that (sometimes I had to put my hand on her chest to feel it, cause it was so quiet/slight movement...I know...neurotic), so I'd go with sound and then go in as needed for mama anxiety.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#149 of 297 Old 05-09-2012, 08:02 AM

Pitch: I think the waiting to tell is really normal after a loss. I really didn't tell people (other than immediate family) until like 15 weeks! Thank goodness for mdc so I had somewhere to talk.

Sparrow: Don't worry about how long you have left. You're probably in my favorite time. Everyday I felt more and more going on in my belly, like I almost felt a little personality starting to emerge. I felt really good and getting all the baby stuff together was so fun (yay for craigslist!). My little Brody is doing good and getting so big, thanks for asking. 

As for monitors.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

privateeyes.gif boots, you'll probably want a monitor for naps at least from the start. From my experience, I wanted to check on her a million times with the sound monitor, but what I wanted was to see and hear breathing: that's what calmed me. I don't think a video monitor can show that (sometimes I had to put my hand on her chest to feel it, cause it was so quiet/slight movement...I know...neurotic), so I'd go with sound and then go in as needed for mama anxiety.

this is me exactly. I want to know he's breathing and a video monitor just lets me know he's still in the crib.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#150 of 297 Old 05-11-2012, 11:31 AM

Thanks so much for the input on monitors! I think I will go with just sound, especially if I have to buy it myself. Maybe I can inherit one from my friends who are upgrading to video.

Just wanted to bump and see how everyone is. I have FOUR days left of school after today. This week has been crazy but I've been okay. Resting a lot at home and watching Queer Eye on netflix to unwind. :)

Lots of grading to do this weekend. I was going to do my GD 1 hour test but I don't think it's a good idea since I have so much work to do and I might feel crappy. I hope my doc is understanding, I am going to see her on Monday and I'd rather be able to tell her I did it already. But I will be 27 weeks on Tuesday, so I should still have time to do it next weekend.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12

Tags
Pregnancy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page