Bajingo in the Spring-O, Part Deux: Having #1 in Our 30's, Spring 2012 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-01-2012, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

flower.gif Welcome to the TTC #1 in Our 30's Graduates Thread! flower.gif

We are the ladies of the Bajingo Juice Club who have gotten our BFPs.

All due dates are welcome.

Are you pregnant with your first and in your 30's but never heard of the BJC? 

Welcome! Please join us!

Let's keep in touch during our pregnancy journeys.

The more the merrier!

Due February 2012

26 ~ Hokievol33, BFP after 3 months of trying, 6 months of charting.

Due April 2012

27 chapluqa31, TTC since 1/11

Due June 2012

07 ~ Bel718, 32, after 20 months and a little help. Expecting twins! stork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gif

23 ~ Calycanth, 31, BFP after 16 months TTC and one miscarriage

26-29ish ~ CA Country Girl, 35, BFP after 18 months, acupuncture, and chinese herbs

Due July 2012

?? ~ reelala, 30, after 3 months

Due August 2012

05 ~ LilyTiger, 31, BFP after 4 months and some really wonky cycles

13 ~ andaluza, 35, BFP on 5th month TTC

15 ~ bootsvalentine, 32, BFP after TTC #1 since 06/2010

?? ~ lakeruby, 30, expecting #1 after 2 months of trying

30 ~ Ericaf, 31, BFP after 4 months of trying, and an early loss in 8/11

Due September 2012

09 ~ calpurnia7, 31, BFP after 3 months with love and luck

18 ~ cry884, 33, conceived on her very first try! (12/25/11)

25 ~ 2sweetsparrows, 33, after losses 3/11 and 11/11 and 2 cycles of Femara

Due October 2012

01 ~ Dandylez, 36, conceived with IUI and frozen sperm

03 ~ Catheleni, after 2+ years trying with a little nudge from the fertility doc

?? ~ Femmeknitzi, 31, BFP after 13 months

joy.gifCongratulations Mamas! joy.gif

Rosie ~ Odin, born 4/7/12 at 12:15AM

Ramzubo ~ Brody Alexander, born 1/29/12 after 27 hours of labor

birdie.lee ~ Baby BOY L 11/20/11 after just five hours of labor

Tank ~ Elliot was born on 11/8/11 at 11:38AM 

Hykue ~ Raven Brisa was born @ 8lb 2oz. 

ValH ~ Jacob was born 10/4/11 at 9:55AM

Tear78

LivingSky ~ Kayden

Meander ~ Alaric

Elonwy

Blanca78

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 10:26 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats and welcome, Cathelini!  joy.gifSo excited to see you here! Let me know when I can add you to the list and what you'd like your blurb to say.

Do I need to update anyone else's information?

Old 04-01-2012, 10:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Old 04-01-2012, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie.lee View Post

Totally subbing love.gif  blowkiss.gif  joy.gif

Congratulations Cathelini!

Rosie, I am sorry about your grandpa.  hug2.gif

(does anybody else with a bajingo baby feel like we need a grads grad thread to keep in touch?  I am the first to admit the difficulty of posting after my baby arrived but it might be nice...)

that would be fun...i agree that 1-hand typing is hard

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 04-01-2012, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

that would be fun...i agree that 1-hand typing is hard

yeahthat.gif

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
Old 04-01-2012, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
lol...I'm picturing a thread with one-word posts and lots of pictures. love.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

Old 04-01-2012, 12:58 PM

Old 04-01-2012, 02:50 PM

Bajingo baby picture thread and no guilt for no personals...sounds great! I'd love to keep up with everyone.

OMG cathelini YYUYYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYHY! If I wasn't on my phone there would be veggies dancing everywhere! Congratulations!

We are back home. Definitely worth the risk to be with family for the funeral and weekend. Also think it meant a ton to DH's dad. He told everyone he talked to that our baby is taking his dad's place. Then he told us that he told grandpa the same thing 20 minutes before he took his last breath. Whoa.

No ctx or anything else so far. I am guessing we have a good many days before Odin's arrival.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 04-01-2012, 03:34 PM

Hello- to all the 'old' and 'new' posters- tiphat.gif I jumped on here after finding out I was pregnant with my hopeful #1.  I guess this thread goes  way back- very nice to meet you all- oh I cannot wait to have that baby so I only have one hand to post congrats to all the 'already' mama's!!!

Catheleni- I am just a bit more than a week before you- how are you feeling.  I am so glad to be emerging from the depths of first trimester

Caly- Thanks for starting the new thread!

Rosie- my condolences- I have a friend who's grandmother died the same week her daughter was born- also who the baby was named after- the name and the little girl are beautiful reminders of the familial bond.  I am sending non laboring thoughts to your little one- Keep us posted!

I am going to be 15 weeks tomorrow.  I am still feeling nauseous most of the time- nights are much worse kind of opposite of the stereotype.  A little over a month until I get to see the sex of my little one- can't wait.  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

Old 04-01-2012, 06:53 PM

subbing thumb.gif

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

Old 04-01-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdie.lee View Post

does anybody else with a bajingo baby feel like we need a grads grad thread to keep in touch?  I am the first to admit the difficulty of posting after my baby arrived but it might be nice...

I'm up for a picture fest too!

joy.gifCONGRATS CATHELINI!!!joy.gif So glad to see you made it over here!

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

Old 04-01-2012, 08:49 PM

Congrats Catheleni! I hope that you have a wonderful pregnancy!! joy.gif

Thanks for the new thread, Calycanth! How are you doing?

I love the idea of a bajingo grads post-pregnancy thread, ladies! I hope you go ahead with it.

Rosie, I'm sorry about the funeral, but glad that you got to connect with family and Odin cooperated.

2sweetsparrowa: I am sorry you are still dealing with nausea. I hope it improves very soon. Exciting about the sex--any inklings?

Things are fine here, I'm enjoying feeling movement here and there. I also feel as though I am growing, always growing. I tried to pull up a skirt tied in a way that used to slide over my hips and no dice. It's amazing to know that all the subtle changes are adding up.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

Old 04-02-2012, 04:28 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Ramzubo, I love your new avatar.  Cute little baby sleeping, ahh.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 04-02-2012, 08:34 AM

Oh, I just noticed! Caly, I need to be updated... I'm due 8/30 with a ladddddy baby. love.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:14 AM

YAY Erica!  little baby girl- congratulations!  So exciting energy.gif

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

Old 04-02-2012, 01:40 PM

Thanks, 2sweetsparrows!! I hope your nausea lets up soon... yeeesh! I feel so bad for everyone with such horrible sickness. No fun at all. crap.gif

And Caly, maybeee while you're at changing my info... can you just have it say "Erica, 31, BFP after 4 months of trying, and an early loss in 8/11" Just because this little lady is due in August and I don't want it to sound confusing after I've had her. Thank youuuu, Miss!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
Old 04-02-2012, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

I'm having a terrible freaking day. I had a new student speak to me so disrespectfully that I had flashbacks of first-year teaching torture. I just cannot believe how much I have grown to hate my job, and this just makes it worse. I only have seven more week left, but they are the most stressful weeks of the year and I just wish anything would happen to make it go away. For the most part, my students are really respectful, and even then I am feeling really jaded about my job. If I have to deal with jerky, bitchy kids on top of it, I don't know if I can make it.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
Old 04-02-2012, 07:30 PM

Sorry about how you're feeling, Boots. I wish I could erase the bad experience and amplify the good for you to get through the final 7 weeks. 

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

Old 04-03-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Bootsie, sorry you had such a horrible day yesterday. I hope today has been an improvement.

Glad you made it home, Rosie. Keep us posted!

I'm amazed at how quickly everyone's tickers are advancing. I feel like I've been pregnant forever, but when I see everyone else's progress, I feel like time is flying!

DH and I went to a weekend childbirth education seminar on Friday and Saturday. I expected it to be a complete waste of time, but it was actually fun! I enjoyed talking with the other pregnant couples, and even though I didn't really learn anything new, it was a nice summary and review of everything I've read. I think it was extremely helpful for DH. He's been making to-do lists and talking about what we should pack in our hospital bags. It's nice to see him becoming a bit more engaged in this process. He's been excited and supportive since the beginning, of course, but until now he's really be relying on me to tell him what needs to be done and when rather than taking the initiative to figure it out.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:19 PM

THANKS, GUYS!

Caly, it's EDD 10/3: Expecting #1 after 2 plus years trying with a little nudge from fertility doc.

sweetsparrow, I'm okay, didn't have a lot of sickness, just tired all the time.

boots, i am still having crappy dreams about my horrible workplace and i've been off 1.5 weeks.  it's time.....for a change.  we teachers better start looking elsewhere....

hello to everyone else!

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

Old 04-04-2012, 06:02 AM

Checking in, no baby yet. Love to all you guys.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
Old 04-04-2012, 10:24 AM

Thanks for checking in, Rosie! You know we'd be stalking you.

Speaking of, no reply from Bel :( :( :(

Thanks everyone, I'm making it through. Thankfully I've got tomorrow off. I mean Friday, ugh.

Cath, this is the first year (my 5th year of teaching) that I've started to think really, maybe this isn't for me. If I can't teach the way I know is effective without a ton of stress and questioning from on high, even though my scores are fine, ugh. I have no idea what else I'd do, though. I used to love my job. Yay, so happy you're joining us here!

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
Old 04-04-2012, 11:10 AM

Old 04-04-2012, 01:41 PM

birdie, it seems the other mama grads threads are in Ages and Stages, Life With A Babe.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
Old 04-04-2012, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

I just ate 3.5 servings of peanut butter M&Ms, and I wasn't even hungry to begin with. Now I feel sick. Ugh.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:53 PM

I totally ate some easter candy at school at a meeting and felt sooo crappy. The last time we had a meeting I did the same thing, duh!

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
Old 04-05-2012, 06:13 AM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

Boots, I just wanted to check in and offer some reassurance or whatever.  I loved teaching (at the college level, so I know there are obvious differences) when I was in grad school and for the first few years of my current job.  Recently, and I think the wall I hit was somewhere around year five of teaching full time, I just started finding it exhausting.  Students not reading directions, not doing the readings, falling asleep in class, etc.  I had to keep reminding myself that I teach for the 10% of students who are really engaged and I just hope the other 90% get something out of it.  But it's exhausting.  I was lucky enough to get a break last quarter while I wrote a book and I'll get next quarter off for the baby, so I'm feeling much more hopeful about things.  But I can see how in your situation, particularly with the grueling schedule school teachers have to deal with, that burnout would be a real problem.  I wish people understood how much mental, physical, and psychological energy is involved in teaching and how the frequent breaks are absolutely necessary for teachers to recharge, develop themselves professionally, and generally not go insane.  Are there strategies in the classroom you can take to give yourself a little bit of breathing room?  More group work?  Film days?  Guest speakers?  The next seven weeks will be hard, but you'll get through them.  After that you might want to think about other options if you're really that unhappy about teaching.  It's hard to let go of something that is so meaningful and can be such a wonderful job, but it sucks that teachers bust their asses for meager pay and crap treatment (if your administration is anything like others I know of).  Sorry if this ends on a down note.  Focus for now on getting to the summer! 

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:40 AM

Boots - I'm rooting for a swift several weeks. Let time fly and enter the Summer! hug2.gifI'm so sorry the job takes so much from you. 

Still here, no real signs. Few ctx yesterday but nothing to write home about. We shall see. Anyone hear from HokieVol? I hope Bel and her babies are good...

Old 04-06-2012, 10:43 AM

Rosie

Hang in there.  He will be here anytime now.  We all can't wait to hear about your LO's arrival.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:43 AM

boots - One of my best friends is a teacher, and I find the whole situation so sad. In Canada it's really hard to get a good full time teaching job, and then when you find one, you're underpaid, overworked and COMPLETELY unappreciated. There was a teacher's strike here about a year and a half ago and I remember listening to all the people complaining that the teachers want too much and get paid too much already. SERIOUSLY? These are the people who SHAPE the youth of our country 40+ hours a week for 12 years! As far as I'm concerned, teachers and nurses are about the two most important jobs out there, and yet they seem to be two of the worst treated professions around. I can not even imagine doing your job, and I can completely see how it would be really easy to burn out. So, I don't really have any suggestions on how to make it better, just a huge KUDOS and THANK YOU for doing what you do.

Okay end rant for me! Can you tell that how teachers are treated is a hot button issue for me? LOL

Rosie - You're in my thoughts!

AFM - this is the month we start TTC again! Ahhhhhhhhh!!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List