first time pregnant...unsure of normal feelings. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-06-2012, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies. Just looking for some info on the feelings I'm having. Not sure if they are normal. I'm 28 wks 1 day with my first. I work 9 hours a day in retail on my feet all day, the last couple days I can barely make it through my shift I'm so uncomfortable by the end. I've been having round ligament pain off and on but it'll normally go away right away if I sit for a bit. Last night it took about an hour of laying down to go away.also at the end of my shift last night my cervix is very sore feeling kinda like you'd feel during a heavy period. Since last night its worn off and isnt as bad but still a little achy! Is all this normal? ? Suggestions? I go to my Dr Monday and ill talk to her....I'm just new to all these feelings. Also baby always has what feels like a dance Party starting bout 10p last night he didn't move until 11 ish and I only felt him a few times and I'm used to feeling him for least an hour. That ok?

Thanks! !

So excited to meet our little peanut in June 2012!!!!joy.gif

Fertilityfriend.com/home/longing4bb
#2 of 2 Old 04-06-2012, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi longing4bb

The tired and achy is definitely normal, especially being on your feet that long at 28 weeks.  As far as movement, my midwives have me doing daily kick counts starting at 28 weeks (which I have just reached).  Their instructions were to pick a time when the baby is usually active, lay down and count how long it takes you to feel 10 movements.  They said you should be able to feel 10 within 1 hour.  If the baby is not moving after a few minutes, you can drink some juice and try again (I think it takes about 20 minutes for the baby to react to food).  They sleep  fairly regularly for 20-45 minutes, so I usually start counting when mine starts moving.  If your baby has slacked off on movement really noticeably and you can't get him to react, I would call the doc.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page