Thick cervival fluid in early pregnancy- normal? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-09-2012, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm nearly 6 weeks along and have been having a lot of cervical fluid, some of it the mucilage-like stuff. I don't really remember this happening with my other pregnancies. It's freaking me out because when I had an early miscarriage, the first symptom was feeling a gush of fluid. I keep getting that and running to the bathroom to look for red, but it's just goo. Is this my mucus plus starting to form? I feel like I should know this! orngtongue.gif

SAHM to 6.5yo DS and 4yo DD. PCOS with two early m/cs. Married 8 yrs. Certified birth doula, writer, editor.

Some stuff I like: hbac.gifteapot2.GIFeat.gifnocirc.gifbftoddler.giffemalesling.GIFcrochetsmilie.gif read.gifcat.gif

#2 of 5 Old 04-09-2012, 07:49 AM

Between 6-8 weeks I had a LOT of CM also.  I think it is fairly normal depending on each person's body. :)  Nothing to worry about!

#3 of 5 Old 04-09-2012, 01:48 PM

I don't know if it is your mucus plug starting to form or not. Interesting thought. But I had a lot of c/m for many many weeks. I'm 22 weeks pregnant now and it's finally getting a bit dryer the past couple of weeks.

Catholic, SAHM, Married 6 yrs. , Miscarried Sept. '08 April '09 & Jan. '14, DD is 4, DS is 2-we had a wonderful , EDD early Jan, 2015! I'm also a first time foster mom to two unrelated girls. 
#4 of 5 Old 04-15-2012, 05:06 PM

Way TMI but I'm 18 weeks along and I still have a lot of white CM...kinda watery. I also don't remember this from the other two pregnancies but from what I read online, it's absolutely normal

joy.gif
#5 of 5 Old 04-16-2012, 11:59 AM

I had that, too, and wondered about it. It seems to be normal! It has lessened quite a bit already, and I am about 11 weeks.

Wife of R (08/2009), Mama of M (12/09), expecting Baby #2 (11/2012)

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page