The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread Spring/Summer 2012 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 247 Old 06-20-2012, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congratulations Kinza!

Great news that the girls are here and doing well.  Hoping the vaginal birth will have you healing quickly.  Welcome little ones.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#62 of 247 Old 06-20-2012, 07:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Yay Kinza!! Glad everyone is okay! Back with more when I'm not on my phone.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#63 of 247 Old 06-20-2012, 07:34 PM

Wonderful, Kinza! So glad your girls are in the world now! Congratulations, and big hugs to you as you start this exciting and challenging journey. 

My babies are 6 months, 1 day old today.

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#64 of 247 Old 06-21-2012, 03:14 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yay, Kinza! joy.gifjoy.gif Welcome, little girls! smile.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#65 of 247 Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 AM

Hey all! I haven't been on MDC in a while, I had our rainbow baby DS in April 11 after 3 losses, and just found out we are due in March! *fingers crossed as it is still super early* So good to see other names I remember! Lyndzies, Tear!! 

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#66 of 247 Old 06-22-2012, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Okay, now I can get properly excited for Kinza and her girls:

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I added you and your girls to the roster. Let me know if you want to add any more details when you're up to it. (And if I got things right!) I hope recovery is going well for you and your little ones are figuring out how to keep warm.

wave.gifto everyone else - have I missed putting any expectant mamas on our roster?

AFM, 32 weeks, and still quite pregnant. Battling swelling off and on, but otherwise doing well. Sooooo ready to not be pregnant any more, but I obviously want this guy to be fully baked before coming out.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
#67 of 247 Old 06-22-2012, 04:27 PM

Wow, Rachel, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, too! goodvibes.gif It's SO good to hear from you! joy.gif

monkey, I'm glad you're feeling pretty well. I remember being SO swollen as summer started. It does go away quickly after birth, but it's very uncomfortable in the moment. Stay cool and as comfy as possible!

love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Remembering our 3 losses

#68 of 247 Old 06-23-2012, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Just a quick note to say that I heard from Sweetest - she had her sweet baby boy VBAC on May 18th! He has some tongue tie issues they've been working on, and it's keeping her pretty busy, but she promised to pop in when she had the time. :)

#69 of 247 Old 06-23-2012, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, and I was just reading the online notes from my mw, and there's a note that they estimate his weight at 5 lbs 6 oz. bigeyes.gif I don't know why they write things in my chart they don't tell me (especially since I can look at it online), but HOLY COW - I hope that estimate is off! I'm only 32.5 weeks, for crying out loud - at this rate, I'm going to have a 12 lb baby! The estimate was based entirely on palpation, though, and I have no idea if that's more/less accurate than ultrasound estimates, which I know are not that reliable either. The funnier thing is I had another practitioner (not a mw, but someone who has worked with them) tell me just two days earlier that my baby was still quite small - probably only 3.5 lbs. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle?

#70 of 247 Old 06-23-2012, 10:20 AM

monkey, the two weeks before DD was born, we had an estimate from the midwife of 7lbs, and an estimate from the nurse practitioner of 4lbs. She was 5lb9oz when she was born. Estimations by palpation can really fluctuate, so don't worry!

eta - yay, sweetest!!! joy.gif Update us when you can, and good luck with the tongue tie challenge!

Remembering our 3 losses

#71 of 247 Old 07-02-2012, 11:05 PM

Waiting to hear from LTB and CAcountrygirl...

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

#72 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 08:40 AM

Hi ladies. Our little Juniper Lee was born this morning at 1:01am. Full Moon baby. She was almost a week post Due date. Birth was very fast and intense. Less than 4 hours in hospital after nearly a week of prodormal (pre-labor). Sometimes called "false", but what a crock that is. I had several nights when contractions kept me up all night. She was 7lbs10-nearly 2 lbs more than dd1. I got my intervention free (except penicillin for GBS) birth- no pit, no pain meds. Midwife, nurses, doula, sis, and hubby were fantastic. Will post pics soon. Now, I am exhausted.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#73 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

CONGRATS!!! Welcome to Juniper Lee!! And bravo to you for getting on here so soon after she came! Can't wait for pictures and more story when you get the time!

joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

jumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gifjumpers.gif

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Hopefully LTB will be around soon to tell us her little one is here!

AFM, 34 weeks! bigeyes.gif This does not really seem possible! Some time in the next 8 weeks, we will meet our little guy. And then we will be parents. AHHHHHHHHH!!! At least we finally start birth classes this week. And we had the baby shower, so baby now has a bed and a car seat, and socks - all things I was worried about. Still don't have a sheet for the cosleeper, or enough diapers or any wipes or a potty for EC, but we're getting closer. Oh, and a sling. Need one of those! But at least he has clothes and a bed and a carseat. I hope he keeps cooking for awhile!

#74 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 11:10 AM

Congrats, CACG! Enjoy your baby girl!

Fingers crossed that LTB is doing well.

Not much longer now, monkey!

AFM, I have one baby at home with me, since Sunday, and our other little girl should be home tomorrow. They are two weeks today, and I would really like to get on with the bonding, but so far we have a grandmother who bullies her way in and is so disappointed in this experience, because being a grandmother is just not what she thought it would be. I don't know what experience she wants to take away from the NICU, with all it's rules. I didnt even get to see my babies until they were a day old, and couldn't hold them until two days later. Anyway, she's sucking up the happy, spitting it out, and dancing the horn pipe on it. Blah. I feel better for getting that out.

A and M, June 2012
#75 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Kinza - Glad you have one of your girls home, and yay for the other coming home! I'm sorry grandma thinks this is all about her - it's NOT. Hopefully she lives far away and will go home soon, or will change her attitude. Good luck with all your transitions!

#76 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

Kinza - Glad you have one of your girls home, and yay for the other coming home! I'm sorry grandma thinks this is all about her - it's NOT. Hopefully she lives far away and will go home soon, or will change her attitude. Good luck with all your transitions!

Well said! Hugs, Kinza!

CA Country Girl, I said it elsewhere, but WAHOOO and welcome!!! joy.gif

monkey, wow you're almost there! Don't worry, the things you really need will fall into place. I remember panicking too, and then we just got things we hadn't thought of as we realized we needed them after she was born. I had never really thought of it that way, that you CAN still get them after. I hope your last weeks pregnant are smooth and sweet!

Remembering our 3 losses

#77 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 02:00 PM

Our little boy was born on Saturday, after an absolutely amazing labor. Will be back to write more some time later. He needs to be held basically the whole time and nursed about 98% of it. I like a baby who knows he needs to be with momma. ;)

(Julie, thank you. You made me cry... in a good way.)

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#78 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 02:17 PM - Thread Starter

Yay, yay, yay! It's raining babies!

#79 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 07:55 PM

Yay babies! Grats everyone!

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#80 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 08:06 PM

Okay I'll double post because I am actually confused here. So I also frequent another infertility board elsewhere and some dude was posting about how he and his wife will never have kids for X reasons and he's depressed about it. I posted stating I sympathized because I'd suffered for many years before finally getting lucky, and he replied that I had no right to be posting because I will never understand the grief and finality of it all. I was taken a back, because well yes, I am currently pregnant and (knock on wood) will get a viable child out of this, but that doesn't invalidate the years of pain and suffering I went through, does it?

I am just not sure how to react to that. I reacted a bit rudely because I was just trying to sympathize with how much that sucks, and I felt like I didn't deserve that statement. I went back and reworded it to be more polite but I'm just :\

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!

#81 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 08:44 PM

Oh my goodness!!! Such amazing news all around. A little Juniper (I just ADORE that name but pushed for it a little half-heartedly -- we had already decided on Forest for one of our boys, and my partner thought that another "nature" name was too crunchy. How can you have too many names from nature?) for CACG and a baby boy after a beautiful labor for LTB. LTB, I've followed your story for about two years now, and it's been such an amazing thing to read your thoughts and feelings -- through being just sure in your bones that another child wasn't in your fate, to trying to decide whether to have testing done, to seeking to do what you feel God means for you to do -- mothering and nurturing -- through fostering, to your sudden bfp. It's been such an honor to follow you through it all. I'm just so happy for you and your family. 

Looking forward to hearing about Monkey's birth in the next six weeks or so... like Tear says, you can get a thing or two AFTER the birth. That didn't occur to me either the first time around. 

Sorry to hear about Grandma souring an already difficult situation, Kinza. Send her home if you can. The help she can offer won't be worth the heartache she's causing. I'm glad to hear your little girls are doing well!

kparker, I don't know - I'd say it's a case of someone hurting really badly, and not being able to see how others may be able to relate. Chalk it up to that he's suffering too much, and turn the other cheek. If you don't respond at all, then you don't risk coming off sounding defensive or small. If you want to remain on that board, everyone will understand your silence and think more of you for it.

AFM, I'm still keeping to my going to bed at 7:30 schedule so I can get 6-7 hours straight sleep before taking the morning shift, but I'm getting mighty bored of it. Means I don't have any time with just husband. Stayed up a little bit later to watch Madmen (online) last night and got thoroughly punished for it with one kid or another awake since 2:45 a.m., including my 3-year-old. Everyone says "it goes so fast" and I put that wistful look on my face like I'm supposed to, but inside I'm saying "yeah, thank GOD." But really, I am enjoying myself, y'all just caught me on a rough morning (5:42 a.m. on a rough morning). The two new babies born into homes that wanted them sooooooo much (and the two big kids who FINALLY got little siblings!), have cheered me up. My little miracles need their breakfast now.

#82 of 247 Old 07-03-2012, 09:35 PM

I replied in a "sorry" kinda way, stating I didn't feel like my years of pain should be invalidated and that I was only sympathizing with the pain he was going through, although in a lesser extent. I tried to make it nice, I hope it doesn't upset him, but he was rather snippy to me so I was taken aback at first. I totally get the pain and suffering, you know? Gosh, a lot of us know. I mean, this is a grad thread (thank goodness) but we still suffered, and a lot of us have had losses, and might still have losses (heaven forbid) so it ain't over 'til it's over.

That "forum" I will probably be unsubbing from anyway; it's kinda like once you do succeed you get treated much more poorly than if you just never succeeded at all, I've noticed. There is little to no bonding over circumstance like we have achieved here. PS: I love you guys.

#83 of 247 Old 07-04-2012, 06:25 AM

YAY! Congratulations Kinza and LTB and CACG! Welcome four new little ones!

N is 4.5 months and rolled from back to tummy this morning, he can't do tummy to back yet.

8112_2939713990983_771643587_n.jpg

Mommy to  N baby.gif, born 2/20/12.

#84 of 247 Old 07-04-2012, 08:16 AM

I don't think any of you will remember me but I hung around BSL for a minute last summer. I stopped coming around bc it often became too painful for me to focus on ttc. I'm happy to say that after nearly 3 years of absolutely nothing, I'm finally knocked up smile.gif I'm only 7 weeks, so I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll finally have a LO. After going back and forth between adoption and IVF, DH and I were going to try the IVF route this summer when I surprisingly became pregnant. It's been a long road and just hoping for a healthy, sticky baby.

Congrats to the other mamas!

&
#85 of 247 Old 07-04-2012, 11:59 AM

Congratulations Isis and Osiris!  I understand that it is sometimes just to much to hear about anyone's success, but the BSL's have been such a strength for me.  Kparker- it is really his pain talking and you are wonderful for trying to be supportive.  We love you too.  So I am X-posting Juniper's first pics.  Kyamo- cute naked baby!

Up top:  My beautiful daughters.

Below:  Morning- just over 24 hours old.IMG_1786.jpgIMG_1793.jpg

#86 of 247 Old 07-04-2012, 08:17 PM

Thank you for the pictures, Kyamo and CACG! Kyamo, he's a spry little guy, rolling over from back to tummy -- isn't that the hard one? And tummy to back the easier one? Maybe he doesn't want to bother with the easy stuff. I'm so glad that the weather is finally warm here so I can have my babies nekid most of the day. Nothing like a naked babe. CACG, your daughters are beautiful. So much hair on Juniper! And straight. 

ISIS, I remember you. I remember thinking you were a great addition to the BSLs with your clear and thoughtful "voice." I'm so glad for you! After 3 years of trying, you must be in the twilight zone right now. I remember the feeling of being 7 weeks pregnant after 1.5 years of trying and having to pinch myself every morning. 

After yesterday morning's craziness, the kids all managed to get on the same schedule and slept, TOGETHER, for 3 hours during their first nap and 2 hours for their second nap. Then, they lay happily on their blanket all afternoon/evening while we had a lazy July 4th barbeque. Amazing day. Living in Sweden, we get 490 days paid (80%) maternity/paternity leave for one child, and 180 days extra for each multiple. I was planning on only taking a year off anyway (I love my job, and we have wonderful, quality, and inexpensive daycare right around the corner from our home), but if I have a few more days like yesterday, I might take two years off!

Here's my daughter playing with "her" babies yesterday.P1030266.JPG

#87 of 247 Old 07-05-2012, 01:45 PM - Thread Starter

So many cute little ones! And HOLY HAIR, CACG! Are you sure she's only 24 hours old in that picture?!? I was soooo bald as a baby. But MIL says her kids all had hair, so maybe this baby has a chance.

Emaya - Glad your day got better!

ISIS - Welcome back!! How exciting to have a surprise free baby!! Let me know when/if you want me to add you to the roster, and what you'd like it to say. Hoping for your baby to just keep growing and sticking!

AFM, umm, ladies, how did I make it to the top of the roster?? I was already at the top of the IF One Thread grads list, now I'm on top here. Sheesh! Definitely going to have to get going on that baby organizing stuff next week. This week is a little busy already, between a mw visit, starting birth classes, and co-hosting a baby shower for a friend in the next two days. Anyway, onward!!

#88 of 247 Old 07-06-2012, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyscience View Post

So many cute little ones! And HOLY HAIR, CACG! Are you sure she's only 24 hours old in that picture?!? I was soooo bald as a baby. But MIL says her kids all had hair, so maybe this baby has a chance.

I hear you... My husband has very thick hair, I have very fine Scandinavian hair. Guess which both our kids have...! I really would have thought that darker, thick hair would be the dominant trait, but both our kids have fine, blonde hair, and not very much of it. Very strange!

Mama to a little lady and always praying for more.
#89 of 247 Old 07-06-2012, 08:08 AM

Hi ladies.  Hope all is well.

Our whole family has also commented on the hair.  DD1 was born with hair (and has very thick hair now as a 6 year old), but this little gal is much hairier.  Both DH and I have tons of hair.  When we first got together, his mom's favorite joke was that our kids would have so much hair, they would not be able to walk through doors like OJ Simpson in airplane.  Anyone remember that scene?  Though DH has the true kink, DD1's hair is somewhere between curly and wavy and did not start to curl much until 10 months or so.  We will see what texture this little lady ends up having.  Right now it looks most like the thick, coarse hair my southern European/Mediterranean mom had.  

On other fronts- first few days have gone well.  My milk came in last night, so hopefully she will be happier now.  It is hard to watch see them hungry. We are all so in love with her.  My DH is so doting and dedicated, it makes me love him even more.  It is so wonderful to have a new baby in the house again after trying for so long.  I know you BSL ladies can relate to that.

#90 of 247 Old 07-06-2012, 04:33 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Sheepish.gif  It's amazing what you find when you have some spare stalking time up your sleeve.  Bolt.gif

Congrats on all the little cuties... 

Me & him and our beautiful fur boys Duke and Chopz
Forever missing our little ones lost

How we survive, is what makes us who we are - Rise Against

***4***8***12***16**20***24*** 28***32***36***40

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page