The BSL Graduate/Stalking Thread Spring/Summer 2012 - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 247 Old 08-29-2013, 01:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wow am I glad I popped in! Holy moly fertile mertles in here. We're going to have to change our name to, like, happy-go-lucky sushi ladies who get pregnant at the drop-of-a-hat or something! I was just thinking about agreenmum the other day and tried to check up on you here, but couldn't search your name for some reason. Some BSLs just get stuck in my thoughts -- Milk, for example -- and agreenmum is one of them. Monkeyscience, WOW! How cool is that?! Eventually ya'll need to look into some birth control, which is what my husband and I are checking into (still). My husband gets really nervous if he sees me looking at babies (tear, that is a gorgeous bub!), but truth be told, with 22-month-old triplets, I'm feeling pretty ok with the idea that my baby days may be over. I can still admire a lovely lavatea belly from over here, though! 

(35) Teacher, mother to DD '08 + triplets (identical boys and a girl) born at 36 weeks gestation in ´11.  Passions: gardening, cooking, painting, fishing, wild food gathering, reading, kayaking and more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#242 of 247 Old 09-17-2013, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
We lost our baby this weekend, just shy of 8 weeks. Easy come, easy go, apparently. Hoping that when I'm ready to try again (right now, it feels like that will never happen), it's easy again.

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS
#243 of 247 Old 09-17-2013, 11:39 AM

Monkey- I am so sorry for your loss, my heart goes out to you....

#244 of 247 Old 09-18-2013, 02:36 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Monkey, I'm so sorry! hug.gif please take care of yourself. I'm thinking of you! hug2.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#245 of 247 Old 11-22-2013, 10:33 AM

Wanted to bump up our thread- it has been a few months and I have been MIA for longer.  How is everyone?  New pregnancies?  New babies?  New toddlers :)?  

June is almost 17 months.  She wants to be grown up.  Her favorite things to say are that's mine and her sister's name.  She is so busy, but so sweet and so awesome, with endless hugs and kisses for all of us.  Here's a recent pic.  Hugs to you all.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#246 of 247 Old 11-22-2013, 11:29 AM

Hey there, CA! 17 months is approaching my favorite age (18 mos). Just love them so much at that age - so full of energy but still baby-ish.

How are you doing, Monkey? Today is the 4 year anniversary of my first loss. Hugs to you.

My rainbow boy will be 2 in just a few short weeks. He loves his baby sister to pieces.

Amanda praying.gif (31), RN, BSN
Catholic wife to guitar.gif (DH 28); mommy to blahblah.gif (DD 9), jog.gif (DS 6), angel2.gif (DS 11/09), angel1.gif (3/10), angel1.gif (6/10), our rainbow1284.gif (DS 1), and a surprise baby.gif (DD)

#247 of 247 Old 11-22-2013, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 117 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)

I'm doing okay. Just finished my first post-miscarriage period a few days ago. I didn't know I was ovulating until after the fact, but dh was gone for several days before and after O, so I figure that was God's way of deciding for us about trying that cycle.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the conception of our son. Part of me almost wanted to get pregnant again today, as if maybe the same magic would happen on this day. (Though I don't really want our children to share birthdays!) I mentioned the significance of the day to dh, and he said, "I think we should try to have another baby. I think [ds] needs someone to play with." dh has been gung-ho about try again ever since the miscarriage. I still find it surprising, based on his initial reaction to the pregnancy (very worried about finances and logistics). I continue to feel very, very ambivalent about the whole thing. Sometimes I really want to get pregnant ASAP, other times I find myself thinking that maybe we should just stop with one. (I know we are *not* stopping with one, which is what makes that so strange for me to think.) Really, I don't think I've let go of my April baby yet. I still want *that* baby back, even though that can never happen. I'm not sure when I'll move past that point.

I'm also not wanting to TTC in December, because we already have 4 siblings (2 each) in our families born in September, and that's plenty of birthdays for one month. At the same time, it feels stupid and shallow to purposely avoid conceiving for that reason, when it's so difficult for me to conceive and/or carry to term in the first place. Like who am I to tell God, "Yes, I want a baby, but not in September"?

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, one (9/13 @ 7w 6d), and a (10/6/14)

PCOS

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page