Recommend a Prenatal Vitamin for me.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2012, 12:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I took the Rainbow Light one-a-day while TTC and at the beginning of this pg, and I liked it fine but once I was diagnosed with hyperemesis there was NO WAY I could get one of those honking huge things down.

For a while I took nothing, but then a blood test came back that I was anemic so I decided to try and get back on a vitamin.

I tried the New Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatals, but I wasn't thrilled with that one for a couple of reasons.  1.  I didn't like having to take more than one a day.  2.  They were still pretty large and hard to swallow, although easier than the Rainbow LIghts.  3.  Holy expensive pills, Batman!

So can anyone recommend a prenatal vitamin that I can take once a day that's not huge and hard to swallow???  I guess I'd sacrifice price if I had to.  I'm still pretty queasy every day.  Thanks, mamas.

Sleepy mama to Colin Theodore 8-12-08 and Trevor Arthur 7-17-12.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 12:09 PM

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

I couldn't take anything with iron in it after 8 weeks or so.  You may want to switch to a gummy prenatal (I got mine in the health food section and it has DHA and folic acid but no iron) and then supplement with an easy to digest iron supplement (people around here seem to like Floradix liquid iron).  My original prenatals had me gagging just thinking about them and if you're still queasy you might appreciate the benefits of a gummy.  Any prenatal with iron included will probably make you feel worse.  I also take fish oil supplements in addition to the gummies, but that's just my fish oil obsession.  It's probably not necessary.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Old 04-10-2012, 06:55 PM

I like the Now brand prenatal capsules, they are smaller and I have heard you absorb  the nutrients better then if you take a tablet.

Downside? you are supposed to take four a day, which sounds like a lot but taking two with lunch and two with dinner has worked out fine for me.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:26 PM

My RE had me try out B-Nexa and I've been pretty happy with them.  Smaller than the other one they had me on and made with Vitamin B and Ginger, so it helps with morning sickness.  However, they are prescription only, so I don't know if that matters to you or not.

Wife to DH, Mom to DD (5/14/04) and our IVF miracle DS (10/12/12)!!

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List