cramping on the left side of my pelvis?!?!!? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-16-2012, 11:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey moms and moms to be!!! i have a question, i have had very painful cramps on the left side of my pelvis and its causing my back to ache very badly even if i change position its happining alot starting tonight, about 3 hours ago. what is it????

im 38 weeks pregnant and 1 day 2cm dilate 50% effaced. ive been trying to cause labor by drnking raspberry leaf tea, walking, sex, and even pineapple!! only because my doctor wants me to have melody early so its safer i am only 4"11 and my weight before i was pregnant was 116lbs. now its 133.  and ive had several complications. soooo any ideas? to the pain im feeling. i told the doctor but  he said contractions are ONLY your whole stomach cramping and tighting. but everyone feeks it different........

btw. fist time mom. and im only 17, but married :) 

so

rry ths is so long!!! in new:) 

DueDate 

April 29, 2012 

Hubby and I can't wait to meet our baby girl

Melody Marie Wentz!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-17-2012, 06:58 AM

sounds like labor to me. your doctor is wrong...labor feels different for everyone. though lots of people who have never been in labor will tell you it only feels one way or another. i see you wrote this last night, so you may already be at the hospital. good luck with delivering your baby, and with motherhood.

betsy:  wife to tony, mama to haven (7/6/10), arlo (m/c 1/21/12), and expecting valencia in late december.

"we are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams" - arthur o'shaunessy

"if there is no dancing then it is not my revolution" - emma goldman

#3 of 7 Old 04-17-2012, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

sadly still at home and the pain continues about 10 minutes ago my lower back started to hurt. and yeah i know hes wrong. lol 

DueDate 

April 29, 2012 

Melody Marie Wentz!!

#4 of 7 Old 04-18-2012, 07:58 AM

Sometimes labor can be slow to start.  I wound up having contractions for 8 weeks with my first before she finally came.  2 weeks with my second.  I hope yours goes faster! 

You could always go into the hospital and bypass your doctor, and tell them you think you're having contractions.  They'll hook you up to a non-stress test to see if you're contracting, how far apart, and how the baby is doing.  Worst case scenario, you get to hear that beautiful heartbeat.

#5 of 7 Old 04-18-2012, 08:03 AM

have you called your doc/the hospital? if it is still going you probably need to be seen by someone. you are likely in labor and need to know how far dialated you are (so you don't end up having the baby in the car on the way to the hospital). and if it is not labor, pain that has gone on that long during pregnancy needs to be checked out. a urinary tract infection can cause low back pain and is dangerous in pregnancy, so no matter what you really need to find out what is up. are you able to get to the hospital or your doctor's office? or at least call and talk to a nurse and explain how long you have been in pain? i hope you either have your baby or get the pain sorted out soon, it sucks to hurt for so long. please be careful though and if the pain gets worse at all go to the e.r.

betsy:  wife to tony, mama to haven (7/6/10), arlo (m/c 1/21/12), and expecting valencia in late december.

"we are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams" - arthur o'shaunessy

#6 of 7 Old 04-18-2012, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

ill find out on friday!! :) the pain has decreased now just normal pregnancy pains i dont have a uti it doesnt hurt to pe and my urine isnt funny looking. :) ive only had a pain like someone is sticking a needle in my pelvic bone and then the baby pushes her head super hars on my bladder to were  i can feel her head with my hand, but from what ive read, thats pretty commin and normal. correct me if im wrong :)

DueDate 

April 29, 2012 

Melody Marie Wentz!!

#7 of 7 Old 04-18-2012, 05:01 PM

glad you'e doing ok. yeah, those head butts are tons of fun.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page