WHAT JUST HAPPENED???? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 04-20-2012, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

so ive been trying to look up what exactly happened to me this evening but i cant find ANYTHING!! so i really hope this has happened to someone....here it is...

Sorry might be kinda long....

so at 11:30am today i had my 38 weeks and 5 days appointment, finally a solid 2cm not just maybe 2. my cervix has gotten really soft so...YAYYY. but doctor pulls my cervix again just to help... ( .....like its doing anything...) 

he says well i hope you have her this weekened because im gone during the week youll have the other doctor...( btw, i really dont like the other one...)  so he tells me to take a good walk and try some more raspberry leaf tea. so it can make me cramp to maybe start contractions...

At 3:00pm it begins..

my DH has to work at the gym' so yay packed some tea and started the tredmill. i walked a full 10 minutes then started feeling little cramps...got to 15 minutes drank more tea, felt Horrible cramping to where i squeezed DH had very hard, i couldnt tell if it was contractions or just severe cramping... kept walking cramping did not stop hit 24 min and 45 seconds my goal was 30 min..but F*** no i couldnt even move it was so bad  felt like i was going to poop myself....(TMI) took a few seconds to offically touch the groung. headed to the bathroom ...ended up wuth darrhea (TMI) then went and sat down and had  one i knew for sure contraction...

i am getting contractions here and their since. had one while writing this! and this abdominal pressure..so..i would call my doctor byt he would say come down to the hospital and get cheked and its a half hour drive...lol

please give me your input.  

THANKS 

DueDate 

April 29, 2012 

Hubby and I can't wait to meet our baby girl

Melody Marie Wentz!!

#2 of 26 Old 04-21-2012, 02:59 AM

By pulled your cervix do you mean swept your membranes? Anyway, it's normal to have some cramping after your membranes are swept, and some people think it will start labor and others don't. I would definitely not be heading to the hospital over a little diarrhea and some contractions. Hell, I have contractions for a couple hours a night, 4 or 5 nights a week, for a few weeks before I go into labor. I'd just get some rest if I were you. You're going to need it, lol.

#3 of 26 Old 04-21-2012, 04:07 AM

I would highly suggest *****not***** going to the hospital with what you've described. Going in too early is often times ingredient number one in a recipe for disaster!

I'm a little surprised that your doc would so casually sweep your membranes at 38w5d....I mean, really, as sucky as it is to imagine, your body could need to be pregnant for another 1-3 weeks...you know? Especially with this being your first!

You are so close mama, these are definitely your final days. Your cramping and softening is a good indication that your body is getting ready...but please try to be patient with yourself.

Believe me, I totally know where you are. My first baby didn't come til 41w1d and I swear, I was going to KILL someone from the waiting. I was like a cat on a hot tin roof..jumpy and mad. But she came and as soon as she did, all that horrible waiting was but a distance memory.

My son came at 38 weeks on the button..so no horrible waiting with him...but let me tell you something:

With this, my third pregnancy, as much as I'm dying to meet my baby....I'm hoping this kid is a solid week late.

The difference between my 41 weeker and my 38 weeker was INSANE. A week or two or three in the womb is like a MONTH outside the womb....they were COMPLETELY different babies. With my DD, everything was so much easier...she was just older, more content...breastfeeding was easier, her breathing, resting, temperature...everything about her was better than with my son, who was just so much smaller and so much YOUNGER.

So I hope you are filled with peace and happiness no matter when your baby comes....but don't be trying super hard to make baby come, you know?

They call 37 weeks and beyond "term"....but in my experience, sometimes babies who come early, while ready, aren't AS READY as they might have been had they stayed in a little longer.

Good luck to you. If you have to ask if you should go in yet...you should probably not go! When it is time to go, you will TOTALLY know it's time! CONGRATULATIONS...you're almost there!!

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

#4 of 26 Old 04-21-2012, 04:38 AM

Hey MamaWentz

I hope this comes across as gently as possible.  Please stop trying to induce.  I know your doctor has had several reasons for getting baby out sooner rather than later, but it is really best to wait.  I know you are little and dh is big...but that is almost never a problem.  6ft tall women have trouble with 6lb babies, while 100lb women push out at 10lber.  Size really doesn't indicate things.  My brother is HUGE, and my SIL is TINY, and they have 8 kids, none induced, no problem.  Don't let your size disparity scare you! 

Your doctor won't be in town?  Well, sorry.  That's not a good reason to start this cascade of interventions.  If your body/baby isn't ready, and you keep pushing, you just might get labor to start.  And then it's going to be hard and unnatural.  And not good for you or baby.  And, likely to stall.  And you'll likely be worn out from trying so hard to get it going.  And then...pitocin, epi, csection.  You are 17.  Please just wait this out a bit.  I know it's hard.

I have had 4 babies, and am expecting my 5th in the next few weeks (I'm 36w and change).  You can do this.  You can wait.  You can trust your body and your baby and have an awesome birth!

I know it's hard waiting, and I know it's hard to listen to what a doctor says, and let it go in one ear and out the other.

*hugs*  It will be soon.  And, in the meantime, avoid the hospital and all their contraptions and labor aids...it will just make the whole thing so much harder and longer.  Stay home as long as you can! :) 

PS...Do you know how to check your cervix?  If you can learn how to do that, you can know how far dilated you are,  and can decided better when to go to the hospital.  Personally, and I have very quick labors (3hrs or less), I wouldn't go until I was 7cm or so.  For me, that means about 15-20 minutes until baby is born.

"If you keep doing the same things you've always done, you'll keep getting the same results you've always gotten."

#5 of 26 Old 04-21-2012, 06:01 AM

Just wanted to say I completely agree with all the previous posters.  I'm confused as to why your doc is trying to get you into labor early when the average length of a first pregnancy (when not induced!) is 41 weeks and 1 day.  You have a ways to go.  I feel for ya though.  I am 41 weeks and 1 day today and still waiting.  I have some contractions every night.  Not real labor though :-)

Me = Healer, yogini, lactivist, step-mom, and wife to my dream come true joy.gif So grateful-- baby #1 April 2012

#6 of 26 Old 04-21-2012, 07:26 AM

With my first I had contractions for 8 weeks, starting at 32 weeks.  I was 18, so not much older than you.  I would have done ANYTHING to get the discomfort to stop, and have that beautiful girl in my arms.  I tried all kinds of at-home interventions, had my membranes stripped, etc.  Nothing worked to get labor truly moving, and I wound up just being even more uncomfortable.  At 39 weeks, 5 days, I went in to the hospital for the SEVENTH time within about a week hoping I had started labor, and no, I hadn't. I was still contracting like I always had been for the past 8 weeks. They finally broke my water at 8pm to help push things along, which meant labor was ON.  We were in business!  No leaving the hospital without a baby then!  BUT.  I had REALLY REALLY hard labor.  My contractions weren't being productive.  They started me on pitocin, and I was MISERABLE.  I kept asking for pain relief but they took 15 hours to get the anesthesiologist up there.  15 hours!  That's 15 hours on pitocin-induced labor and let me tell you - that is NOT a comfortable or tolerable thing.  I wouldn't go through that again if there was ANY way to avoid it.  It was awful.

With my second, I waited for her to come when she was ready.  She came the day before her due date, and it was a pretty easy labor.  My contractions were something I could totally handle.  I went into the hospital in full labor with her at 6pm (4cm dialated), and I had her by 11pm. I plan to wait until this baby is ready this time.  NO interventions.  

For your own comfort, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't try to have your baby until your baby is ready to come.  You will regret having to go through all that.  I was exhausted because I labored all night.  Labor was harder than it would have been if I had done it naturally.  Just trust your baby and your body.  

Also, remember that the doctor that will deliver is only going to be in the room to "catch" the baby.  He wont be there while you're laboring.  He may not even be there right when you start pushing.  Changing your entire delivery plan to be different isn't worth it for the 5 minutes the doctor is going to be in the room.  

Hang in there!!

#7 of 26 Old 04-21-2012, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

What they said... sounds like there is some background info missing from this post, but yeah, let your body and baby alone. You have at least 2 more weeks before any type of induction needs to be discussed. Irritating the cervix before baby is ready will do nothing but wear you out and you need to conserve your energy for when labor does come. Attempts at induction before baby is ready greatly increases risk of surgical birth as well. 

If your contractions stopped after a change in position or activity or eating/drinking you are almostcertainly not in labor. Hang in there, I know it is tiring. Try to get some rest. If it is true labor you'll know soon enough.

#8 of 26 Old 04-21-2012, 07:30 PM - Thread Starter

???  their is no info missing. gave you the facts doctor wants me to gave her earlie for my saftey. but to late im due in a week as of tomorrow. if you must know the complications i had where....

19 weeks. i woke up at 3am thinking i was peeing myself. NOPE i was bleeding like someone cut me open...i could have lost her. 

23 weeks . i decided to fall on my back down the stairs and aggravate my uterus. and cause very bad contractions, i couldnt even notice luckly. was on  indocin for about two weeks and vicodien because i messed up my shoulder. but was also pocked with needles with what ever medication is supposed to stop contractions...they didnt stop for about two weeks.

this pregnancy has been difficult. may not sound all that bad but really its horrible to know something could go very wrong...not to mention i had bad cyst on my overies the year before that can come back. 

sooo also adding my size. yeah little people have big babies but my doctor knows what hes talking about. 

thanks for your concern though. 

DueDate 

April 29, 2012 

Melody Marie Wentz!!

#9 of 26 Old 04-21-2012, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

i hurd it was dangerous but i can try lol 

DueDate 

April 29, 2012 

Melody Marie Wentz!!

#10 of 26 Old 04-21-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaWentz View Post

???  their is no info missing. gave you the facts doctor wants me to gave her earlie for my saftey. but to late im due in a week as of tomorrow. if you must know the complications i had where....

19 weeks. i woke up at 3am thinking i was peeing myself. NOPE i was bleeding like someone cut me open...i could have lost her. 

23 weeks . i decided to fall on my back down the stairs and aggravate my uterus. and cause very bad contractions, i couldnt even notice luckly. was on  indocin for about two weeks and vicodien because i messed up my shoulder. but was also pocked with needles with what ever medication is supposed to stop contractions...they didnt stop for about two weeks.

this pregnancy has been difficult. may not sound all that bad but really its horrible to know something could go very wrong...not to mention i had bad cyst on my overies the year before that can come back. 

sooo also adding my size. yeah little people have big babies but my doctor knows what hes talking about. 

Look mama, nobody is trying to get on your case here...we just want as easy a time of things as possible for you. GL.

For the record...all the things you just said about falling and having contractions that required medication and all of that...well really, those things are only EVEN MORE reason why it's crucial that you let your uterus do what it is going to do on it's own. If it's already been agitated and you've already had a rough time of things, you really need to NOT further agitate your uterus by prodding it along before it's ready.

Again, good luck to you...I hope your birth is wonderful.

Me and DH ...lovin' DD dust.gif(6/08) and DS kid.gif(11/09) Plus NEW BABY!! DD baby.gif (UC-5/12) We heartbeat.gif Water Birth/Homebirth/No Vax or Circ/BF/BW/Country Livin'! chicken3.gif

#11 of 26 Old 04-21-2012, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaWentz View Post

I think people were referring to the other thread where you said your doctor wanted you to have the baby early because of size concerns.

I'm afraid I agree with Broodywoodsgirl though, nothing you've mentioned here seems like a strong indication to induce you early. Some babies only need 38 weeks to develop fully. It other need longer. Is there something you can do to take your mind off things? Maybe go to the movies with your partner or have lunch with a friend or something?

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#12 of 26 Old 04-22-2012, 09:46 AM

Hun, doctors do their best most of the time, but some don't.  The fact is that if your doctor is there for the delivery he gets paid extra for that, than if the other doctor is there.  Sometimes it is as simple as dollars and cents, masked by "good intentions."  Women have been having babies since the dawn of time, WITHOUT doctors.  I'm not saying that you have to ignore what your doctor is saying.  I'm saying it sounds like he's pushing you to work AGAINST your body without any really good reasons.  Let your body do its work.  It knows a LOT more than any medical degree.  

#13 of 26 Old 04-22-2012, 10:56 AM

I don't think there's any harm in membrane stripping at 39w+. If your body isn't ready, it's not going to work.

That said, I wouldn't call your doctor until you either 1) Have contractions that last 1 minute every 5 minutes for at least 1 hour, 2) decrease in fetal movement, 3) vaginal bleeding (not pink when you wipe but actual bleeding) and 4) you think your water has broken.

Sounds like you might be in early labor. Maybe you are latent phasing. If you start to get really worried about it, go ahead and call him. He's your doctor, that's what he's there for. He can give you his advice and you can go from there.

I hope the baby comes soon! Good luck to you!! wink1.gif

CNM mama.

#14 of 26 Old 04-22-2012, 02:23 PM

LISTEN TO ME, if you want to ignore everyone else here and reason away that your dr knows what he's doing, fine, but I want you to read what I type and take it to heart! STOP TRYING TO GET HER OUT! I bled with my first, three different times, just like you described in the middle of the night with no warning. Dr insisted we needed to get her out so I consented to cytotec, bled out, baby lost blood, heart rate dropped, they had to knock me out to cut her out of me as fast as they could. She spent a week in NICU dispite getting the steroid shots weeks before and was on a monitor for months afterwards. STOP TRYING TO INDUCE. Naturally or medically, doesn't matter, stop it. Let her come in her own time. At this rate a few more days is not going to make the difference between a baby you can push out and a baby you can't. Don't risk it.

ambimama11 likes this.

hammer.gif Homeschooling the animal lover DD1 (8/06), chasing the free spirit DD2 (12/07), and tracking the ninja DD3 (5/09), angel1.gif 10/9, angel1.gif 9/11, angel1.gif 11/11 with the poor estrogen immersed DH (10/03) dizzy.gif

5****faint.gif****15****20***30***40

#15 of 26 Old 04-22-2012, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibris View Post

LISTEN TO ME, if you want to ignore everyone else here and reason away that your dr knows what he's doing, fine, but I want you to read what I type and take it to heart! STOP TRYING TO GET HER OUT! I bled with my first, three different times, just like you described in the middle of the night with no warning. Dr insisted we needed to get her out so I consented to cytotec, bled out, baby lost blood, heart rate dropped, they had to knock me out to cut her out of me as fast as they could. She spent a week in NICU dispite getting the steroid shots weeks before and was on a monitor for months afterwards. STOP TRYING TO INDUCE. Naturally or medically, doesn't matter, stop it. Let her come in her own time. At this rate a few more days is not going to make the difference between a baby you can push out and a baby you can't. Don't risk it.

This is sense talking.  nod.gif

ambimama11 likes this.

#16 of 26 Old 04-23-2012, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroodyWoodsgal View Post

This is sense talking.  nod.gif

agreed.

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#17 of 26 Old 04-23-2012, 06:08 PM

The fact that you've had a difficult pregnancy doesn't say anything at all about whether or not your baby is ready to be born. However, I fully support women choosing whatever/however they want to birth, so if you want to get her out, then that's your business. It's your body, your baby, and your choice. Just understand that nothing you have said gives any indication that there is a REASON for her to be born right now. You asked, we answered. If you want to induce, that is definitely your right, and quite frankly, it should be your right, no matter how much anyone else doesn't like it. I'm just unclear about what kind of response you were looking for. Did you just want to know if you were in labor? Obviously, time gave you the answer to that question. :)

In almost every labor, contractions will get longer, stronger, and closer together. There are exceptions, but there's no particular reason any woman should expect to be one of them. So if you're wondering when you should go to the hospital, what Holly said is good advice. If you find that, at the end of that hour, your contractions are not lasting longer, are not getting any closer together, and especially if they seem to be spacing out or getting shorter, then just chill out at home for a while. Take a warm bath and drink some water. They'll probably stop soon. If you want to be induced, then go to L&D. Generally speaking, if you're already 2 or 3 cm, they will admit you, then when your contractions stop (because you weren't really in labor anyway) they'll give you pitocin. If that's what you want, then you know what to do. If it's not, then stay home. It's your choice.

fruitfulmomma and Just1More like this.
#18 of 26 Old 04-23-2012, 07:43 PM

Just a word to the wise - not every hospital will admit you unless you are over 4cm dialated.  Don't go in expecting to be admitted, when chances are they'll send you home as long as baby isn't in distress.

#19 of 26 Old 04-24-2012, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmamato2 View Post

Just a word to the wise - not every hospital will admit you unless you are over 4cm dialated.  Don't go in expecting to be admitted, when chances are they'll send you home as long as baby isn't in distress.

No, not every hospital will, but most American hospitals will admit you before 4cm, so chances actually are that they won't send you home. Plus, her doctor really gets to make that call, and it sounds like her doctor would be more than happy to keep her and start pitocin.

#20 of 26 Old 04-24-2012, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummeting View Post

No, not every hospital will, but most American hospitals will admit you before 4cm, so chances actually are that they won't send you home. Plus, her doctor really gets to make that call, and it sounds like her doctor would be more than happy to keep her and start pitocin.

^That's the thing...most everywhere, it is the docs call. A good doc will be like "get the hell outta here and go relax! Have a bath, get as much rest as possible and call me when your ctx are five minutes apart, painful and regular...."

But a lot of docs in this day and age will be like "Oh, you thought you felt something in your uterus...let me check you....yup, you're at LEAST a cm dilated, we should admit you right away...hhmmm, it seems like this is happening really slowly though...if you're not five cm in the next couple of hours we'll give you some pitocin to start things up....." (only slightly tongue in cheek!!)

A doctor who is telling a woman who is not even 39 weeks that he "wants that baby out this weekend" - is more than likely to fall into the latter category...sadly..

#21 of 26 Old 04-24-2012, 06:00 AM

OP did anyone explain to you that the baby carb-loads before labour?  That means they fill their muscles with energy for the challenge ahead, then when they're fully ready they hit the "go" button and labour begins.  During labour when the uterus contracts the baby braces its feet against the fundus and pushes its head against the cervix.  During pushing the baby is pushing as hard as you to get out into the world.  That's why they've got a stepping reflex at birth which fades away as they grow - it's for them stepping and pushing to get born.

Induction for medical reasons (when a baby is failing to grow, or in distress, or when mama is getting iller with some pregnancy complication which is ultimately going to harm her in the near future) is the best course of action and often times a baby is unable to gather the normal energy stores they usually would in such situations.  Induction because your Dr wants to be the one to catch and you're tired of being pregnant (and i went to 40+11 with DD1, i've BEEN THERE!!!) is just asking for interventions and complications and putting a lot of strain and energy drains on your baby for no reason.  Birth is the BEGINNING of a really tough time for babies, they have to learn to feed, they're gut has to begin to function, all their various organs and systems need to come fully online and it all has to happen within seconds, minutes, hours of them getting through labour.  Don't ask your baby to run the marathon before she's finished training, it's only a few more days or weeks, she'll be in your arms soon, you can do this!

Best of luck for a happy peaceful birth when the time is right. :D

BroodyWoodsgal likes this.
#22 of 26 Old 04-24-2012, 06:44 AM

The thing is that unless her doctor is the one on call at the hospital he won't even get to make that determination.  The hospital staff decides if she stays or not.  Granted I've only given birth in two different hospitals, but neither of them would allow a woman to be admitted without complications unless she was dilated to 4cm or more.

#23 of 26 Old 04-26-2012, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroodyWoodsgal View Post

^That's the thing...most everywhere, it is the docs call. A good doc will be like "get the hell outta here and go relax! Have a bath, get as much rest as possible and call me when your ctx are five minutes apart, painful and regular...."

But a lot of docs in this day and age will be like "Oh, you thought you felt something in your uterus...let me check you....yup, you're at LEAST a cm dilated, we should admit you right away...hhmmm, it seems like this is happening really slowly though...if you're not five cm in the next couple of hours we'll give you some pitocin to start things up....." (only slightly tongue in cheek!!)

A doctor who is telling a woman who is not even 39 weeks that he "wants that baby out this weekend" - is more than likely to fall into the latter category...sadly..

Yup. I've seen it over and over....and over and over and over and....you get the idea. I can't even tell you how many friends or relatives I've had wind up on pitocin after showing up at the hospital 1 or 2 cm dilated and then stalling out. They just weren't in labor yet, because it's REALLY hard to tell prodromal labor from actual labor if it's your first time or if you've never experienced a natural labor before. Either that, or they're just going in because they don't actually care if it's real labor or not - they just want that baby out. Without even trying, I can think of 5 people in 3 different states who had this happen. It's not at all unusual. In fact, in America it's the normal course of things to be admitted when you aren't in active labor (at 4cm) yet.

Also, regardless of hospital policy, a woman will call her doctor before going to the hospital. If her doctor knows what's happening, he or she can easily make sure she's admitted, and often will, as long as it's a convenient time (i.e. not in the middle of the night). Hospital policy is rarely going to stop that from happening, in my experience. Hell, I know a woman whose doctor broke her water in the office at 37 weeks, in complete violation of hospital policy (no elective induction before 37 weeks). Then her doctor told her to go to L&D and say she'd experienced spontaneous rupture of membranes, so they would have to induce her. They LIED because the woman was tired of being pregnant. Policy, schmolicy. That's not stopping a doctor who wants to induce. I mean, really, the doctor can decide to induce for no reason; they can certainly decide to keep a woman who isn't in active labor. It's not different. The difference is in whether or not she shows up at a time that is convenient for the doctor - can the doc get over there to manage it or not?

Again, I don't think this is in any way a good idea. I just think it's her right to make that decision, regardless of what we think about it. My advice would be to wait until she goes into labor on her own and not to run in over a little pre-labor warm-up, but she's free to disregard that, just like I'm free to give birth at home, no matter who thinks it's a bad idea. :)

#24 of 26 Old 04-26-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plummeting View Post

<snip>

Again, I don't think this is in any way a good idea. I just think it's her right to make that decision, regardless of what we think about it. My advice would be to wait until she goes into labor on her own and not to run in over a little pre-labor warm-up, but she's free to disregard that, just like I'm free to give birth at home, no matter who thinks it's a bad idea. :)

I agree with this completely. Some women really don't mind inducing when they are clearly not ready..or hell, even just signing up for an elective sectioning for NO reason other than "I don't want to push a baby out of my vagina" - I support birth choice...so, even when I think it's messed up, bone-headed and sad...I support a womans right to choose these things. Because a lot of women think that the way *I* choose to deliver my children is messed up, bone-headed and risky...and I hope that despite that they will be supportive of my right to choose.

Yeah, I can think of a gazillion women who have had that happen. Failure to wait...both on the part of the mother and the doctor. There is something soooo disorienting about the final weeks of pregnancy for some women. In my first pregnancy, toward the end, I became practically homicidal. I was SOOOO beyond ready for my baby to come. I waited for her until 41w1d and I was desperate and beside myself for the last two or three weeks. My son came at 38 weeks, I never got that really panicky, desperate feeling and he came so early that I was like "oh, cool". This time around, at 35 weeks, it's already set in. Must be something about girls for me!

Even as steadfast as I am in my natural birthing ways, if I were a bit less knowledgeable, under the care of an aggressive OB and birthing in a hospital...I could see myself folding in that first pregnancy and agreeing to intervention/induction methods of some kind. When you are in that spot where you REALLY want your baby and you can't see the light at the end of the tunnel, even ONE voice telling you..."well, I agree, no point in not getting that baby out if you're uncomfortable..all she's doing is getting bigger and bigger.....let's break your water and see what happens" - that could just send a woman into a crazy tailspin of a place. I understand EXACTLY how and why that happens to super reasonable, intelligent women.

I'm just really glad I had a MW who said "honey, you're right where you should be, your baby is coming so soon...before you know it she'll be here" - who rubbed my shoulders and held me while I cried tired, hormonal tears...who was supportive of what I really wanted. Not everyone has that. A lot of women have a provider who, instead, feeds into that intense desire to meet the baby and I think that leads to a lot more trouble than good. :(

#25 of 26 Old 04-26-2012, 06:17 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

My last birth I was 44 weeks by lmp, closer to 41 by ultrasound, and decided to go into triage hoping they'd induce me. Not really, but I was sick and had people around me driving me crazy insisting that something must be wrong with her. Somehow I managed to get an ob doing her internship that told me baby was doing great, go home and get some rest because I wasn't ready yet, and continue with my plans to have her at home if I wanted to, which I did about 3 days later.

I can totally see how many women end up with pit or whatever because they go in too early though. I had prodromal labor for several hours the night before she was born and then slept, got up and went to my appointment, midwife told me she thougbt I was close, and by the time I got home I was in labor. We called everyone to come but when they got here I was still mellow and then they seemed to stop. After awhile I though, great need to send everyone home but upon standing up went almost immediatly into transition. 

#26 of 26 Old 04-28-2012, 07:54 PM

MamaWentz...how are you doing? I've been thinking of you and wondered to myself today if you are still pregnant. Let us know how you are! hug2.gif

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page