Mothering Forum banner

Help me figure this out please - cough

Tags
pregnancy
477 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  mamadiamond 
#1 ·
Hi,

This pregnancy I have been struck by seasonal allergies. For the last almost 30 days I have had mostly runny nose and itchy eyes. I have just taken the occasional Zyrtec (half dose) and iWise allergy drops for eyes. The last week I have had a bit of an itchy throat and a bit of a cough (very sporadic). Last week I also had my Ob-gyn appt and she recommended Bendryl for cough (apart from humidifier and fluids of course). I have taken a half-dose so far.

When I saw her the phlegm (sorry TMI) was always clear but since yesterday it is slightly tinged yellow. Should I ask for another appointment?

My cough frequency has not increased, I still have an itchy throat, an occasional cough and the bit of a stuffy nose.

Thoughts?

TIA

#2 ·
I have seasonal allergies all the time and have taken Claratin (or the generic) all through pregnancy the last 3 times. If its turning into a cold I would just wait it out, most cold viruses last 10 to 14 days. I wouldn't go in unless you suspect strep or a persistent sinus infection.

#3 ·
i often have yellow mucus with allergies. unless you get a fever or other sign of infection, i wouldn't go to the doctor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.