My Dilemma. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-25-2012, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am pregnant with #3, due in mid-december. First baby was a hospital birth, every intervention imaginable. Horrible memory of birth, just horrible. Second baby was a homebirth with an OB and midwife. It was the most wonderful experience ever. I was so happy to have another hb when I found out I was pregnant, only due to insurance reasons, it is just not possible. I am trying to settle this in my heart, and I am having a lot of trouble accepting that I will be in a hospital for this child's birth. I know I am rambling, and I'm sorry, but my question is, had anyone else been in this situation? Having a hospital birth AFTER a homebirth. I want someone to tell me it's going to be ok!!

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#2 of 6 Old 04-26-2012, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

This is my 6th baby and first planned hospital birth. (2 and 3 were transport/transfer). I am 30 weeks and still nervous about it...I like my ob okay but get whoever is on call that day.And baby girl is breech, so that may pose some issues.... don't know what else, just commiserating.

#3 of 6 Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 AM

How about asking your midwife about a payment plan? Personally, I'd take out an advance on my credit cards, ask for family loans, etc before having a hospital birth (assuming no medical reasons of course). There must be options! Ask and ask and ask, don't give up.

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

#4 of 6 Old 05-02-2012, 05:53 AM

What state are you in...often there are legal possibilities based on the state you're in.  I know my state 'has' to give you the midwife option because of legislation on the books.  Even if they don't have one in their plan they must give you a gap exception.  

I've had four homebirths, and I would pay out of pocket before going to the hospital for birth with a normal, healthy pregnancy!  

Perpetually breastfeeding or pregnant ENFP mom to a lot of kids...wife to a midwestern nice guy...living in tropical paradise...pink cats and homebirths rock!

#5 of 6 Old 05-02-2012, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Good news! We got approved for pregnancy medicaid, so most of the HOMEBIRTH is going to be covered! I found a hb mw that is 2 hours away, but is willing to attend the birth, and we will be paying about $1K out of pocket! I just could not settle for having a hospital birth again. I am in NC btw.

fruitfulmomma likes this.

None of the ideas expressed above are actually mine. They are told to me by Luthor and Ferdinand, the five inch tall space aliens who live under my desk. In return for these ideas, I have given them permission to eat any dust bunnies they may find under there.shine.gif

#6 of 6 Old 05-02-2012, 06:43 PM

That's great news! I'm so happy for you--enjoy your homebirth!

Mom to DD1 (11/1999),  DD2 (07/2003), and DS (11/2012), all born at home and cloth diapered. 

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page