I need 3 more days - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-02-2012, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Okay, ladies. I'm 38+5 with dd3. My husband is away for work and won't be back for several months. My in-laws are coming in on Saturday (it's super early Wednesday). We do have a great support network here, but wrangling the logistics for the care of a 3yo and a first grader from a hospital room (no judging!) 30 miles from my home is not really what I had planned for this birth. Crampy all afternoon and woken up with slightly more noticeable (but still not anything serious) what I think are Braxton-Hicks but can't really tell. Is there any way you know of, other than lots of water and laying down, to slow things if they want to start ramping up? All the searches say, "um, no"   Thanks in advance! =)

#2 of 4 Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 AM

I would just say not to think about it as much as you can.  I suppose you can try to find a back up sitter but I'm just saying that you never know if this is real labor or not.  Some women have several days of "this seems to be it" and then get disappointed. lol.gif

Mama to 4. winner.jpghomebirth.jpg
#3 of 4 Old 05-02-2012, 01:59 PM

Have a glass of wine and lie down in a dark room.  Things will either pick up or slow down. 

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#4 of 4 Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

That's GREAT advice =) =)    Love it!!!

I think it's pretty applicable in any situation, so I'm going to file it away for later use! =)

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page