Contractions an soft cervix at 23 weeks - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-02-2012, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone. This is my second baby, and I started to have cramps yesterday, so I went into L&D last night where we observed contractions on the monitor. They gave me IV fluids and sent me home. My cervix is closed but when I felt it myself it was very soft and my figertip fit inside of it. (I did not insert my figertip into it on purpose. I was completely shocked when it slipped in up to the cutical of my nail.) I did a quick follow up with my Ob today and she agreed that it was soft and open a little in the front, but not at all dialated. I'm getting an ultrasound on Monday to see if it has thinned. It had been 5.5 cm which is super long for a cervix. That was 18 days ago. My first babe was born on time.
Anyhow, I'm asking for a bit of support I guess. I think this probably happens often because none of the docs seemed overly concerned about it. I'm not on any restrictions. Has anyone else had similar problems? Did it progress to preterm labor or did it eventually go away? What did you do to prevent more contractions/symptoms? Any and all advice is appreciated.
#2 of 4 Old 05-02-2012, 02:15 PM

I have no idea, but I wanted to send some support your way. I'm sure everything wil be okay. And although I'm normally the last person to say such things, if your body does try to go into labor, they have a drug to stop that. Stay hydrated and calm, momma. You'll be fine.

#3 of 4 Old 05-02-2012, 07:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you. I'm just staying as calm as I can and drinking lots of water. I do believe that it will be ok. If it progresses too far I will be ready and so will the docs. You ate right about the drugs and I think there are also steroids that stop labor and prepair baby's lungs. Thaks for your reply. smile.gif
#4 of 4 Old 05-03-2012, 03:05 PM

goodvibes.gifsending support and calm breathing vibes.  keep us updated.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page