Has anyone ever had negative tests, and in fact pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-13-2012, 12:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Ok so here's my story. I have been having pregnancy symptoms for about  2 months now. I have all of them, but worse than I had with my three children. Fatigue, nausea, frequent urination, strange cravings, feet and ankles swelling, breast tenderness, and changes in them (rounding out more, and dark and bigger nipples) increased hunger. You name it, I have it. I also have an enlarging abdomen. I have lost a lot of weight, and my belly was somewhat flat again, but now it is perfectly round, and I have been feeling movement. And it continues to grow. I have had three children, so I know the difference between gas, and a baby moving. The movements have actually gone from flutters to flips and bumps, or kicking as some people call it. But, I have taken countless hpt's, but I did have two positives with faint lines, which were the 3rd and 4th ones that I did.  I have been to have 3 blood tests now, all negative.  The last one I had was at my regular doc, and she ordered a quantiative test, and it was <2.  I have not had a vaginal exam, however. I have been to an ob, and my reg doc, had urine tests, and they were neg also.   The ob didn't examine me or anything because my urine test was ng,  She only then sent me for the blood test.  Every thing was laid out and ready, and no exam.  I'm just confused and wondering if anyone else has had this same issue. I just know that I'm pregnant, but can't seem to get any prenatal care, because the tests at the doctors are coming out negativie. I stopped losing weight about 8 months ago after I got down to where I wanted to be, which was 125 pounds. I was on the pill, but when I had sex, I missed the pill two days after that.  I haven't really had a period since Feb 1st.  On the 29th of February, I had spotting that lasted for 4 days, but I think it might have been because I was still on the pill and didn't realize something was going on.  It was the middle of March before I started having symptoms and took the tests that were positive.  My periods are 6-7 days long and heavy until the last two days of them. If I am pregnant, I would be about 14 weeks.  I am feeling like I am in the second trimester because, the morning sickness was an almost all day thing, but not it is just with certain smells.  Plus, I have had a surge of hormones that makes me want sex all the time, which is not like me at all.  I'm usually too tired, or not in the mood, but I don't care how tired I am, I still want it.  And every day too.  I have read in several place where women don't ever get a pos and deliver healthy babies.  I just would like to know if this has happened to anyone.  And advise or comments would be greatly welcomed!  Thanks for the help

#2 of 2 Old 05-17-2012, 12:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

With my first I had all negative tests. In fact I never ever showed up positive on a pee stick. It was only after they drew blood that they determined I was pregnant.

Lindsay: DS#1 (06/06) DD#1 (09/07) DS#2 (10/08) DD#2 (06/09). AND A BABY DUE NOVEMBER 2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page