uterine prolapse going to cause a problem? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-14-2012, 02:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As far as I can tell (internet research) I'm stage 2 prolapse(just inside the vaginal opening). Most of my cycle the prolapse isn't apparent at the vaginal opening but can be felt 1/2-2 inches inside. My 1st birth was 10 years ago & now I'm pregnant again. Since I'm 42 I'm wondering how much problem this is going to give me later in the pregnancy.  Thanks for any help!

::
#2 of 5 Old 05-16-2012, 11:22 AM

I had no trouble the first time, though I've heard that it means your pelvic floor and rear muscles need more work! Something about pulling your sacrum back rather than forward.
#3 of 5 Old 05-17-2012, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

I have been doing kegels like crazy since i found out.

Am I looking at a greater possibility of miscarriage or might end up on bed rest the further along I get?

::
#4 of 5 Old 05-21-2012, 02:41 PM

I have a prolapse, and had a normal pregnancy and birth with my last baby( I was 41 at the time).I think it might be a little worse now, but I still think it will be okay. It certainly didn't cause miscarriage or bed rest. I think I may need to have surgery to correct it after the birth of this LO (finger's crossed, I'm also over 40). Try not to worry too much.

Wife partners.gif and mama of five grouphug.gif,  Alfie angel2.gif 12/10  and Louie angel2.gif 6/11, CPangel1.gif5/12, CP angel1.gif3/14
#5 of 5 Old 05-22-2012, 12:12 AM

Okay, take this with a grain of salt, but I don't believe Kegels alone will do a darn thing to help an existing prolapse or prevent one from happening. If you search around, there's actually a researcher out there who has a good theory on why this is, and if you know or learn anything at all about human anatomy, her theory makes perfect sense. Basically, you need to be squatting, and if you're going to do Kegels, do them while you're squatting. You should be able to find it if you google. :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page