Newly Pregnant and I've Been on Meds... !!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, I just found out that I am pregnant with my third (totally unplanned and unexpected!!)  I believe I am about 5 weeks, give or take.  I am concerned, because I have been on Wellbutrin and Concerta since last summer, and then I have been on Vicodin first for pre-oral surgery pain, then for post-op pain.  Would you say the risks are high this early on?  Obviously, I will go off the meds, but I've always heard that if your body is "toxic" to the embryo, it usually will not implant and grow.  Thoughts?  Anyone with similar experiences?  TIA!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)

At five weeks the baby has barely implanted and I believe I read somewhere that it's mostly living off the yolk sac for a while.  Either way, don't worry about it.  The risks are very low and there's nothing you can do about it now even if they weren't (which they are). 

Do make sure that when you go off the meds you work with your doctor to wean yourself rather than going cold turkey.  Many of the anti-deps like Wellbutrin can have serious side effects if you go off them too quickly.  But otherwise, don't worry!  Just try to relax and get yourself into a good place.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page