were your babies early, late or on time? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

HI everyone- due in two weeks with number 2 and wondering what the chances are of going early, or even on time.  DD was 10 days late, and only came then from every home inducement remedy in the book.  Anyone out there have some kids that were early and some late, or did you always seem to follow the same pattern?

#2 of 11 Old 05-20-2012, 05:12 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Based on averages, I count 41w1d as normal for first baby, 40w5d for the rest. DS was a normal time and DS2 was a few days later than expected even after a recalculated due date because I ovulated late, from LMP he was 42w and I did drink 1oz of castor oil (tiny dose so I figured it was ok).

#3 of 11 Old 05-20-2012, 09:16 AM

always well beyond edd

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#4 of 11 Old 05-20-2012, 11:21 AM

I chart my cycles and know exactly when I ovulate. I calculate my EDD based on my ovulation. All of my babies have been born 1 or 2 days after their EDD.

In fact, with my first, I was so sure I would go longer than my EDD, because it was my first baby. I counted on that and scheduled all sorts of work and projects for after my EDD. Imagine my surprise when I went into labor one day after my EDD!

I think an individual womans' pattern is a more reliable "gauge" of when her babies will be born. Of course, every pregnancy is different, but the more I talk to mamas who have had several children, the more I personally see patterns of labors and birth. Women who go over their EDD for their first do tend to cook longer with their subsequent babies as well. Same goes for women who birth "early". I think it's safe to say that if you went long for your first, and the women in your family tend to go a little long, you may in fact just go long with every pregnancy.

chicken3.gif    happy homesteading-homebirthing-homeschooling-student midwife-mama to a small handful of little ones and joyful wife to my artist man.

#5 of 11 Old 05-20-2012, 08:24 PM

Both my babies were totally different. DD was two weeks late, DS was 3 weeks early. Both we were very sure on dates. I am now pregnant with my third and have no idea what to expect.

Good luck!

Newly SAHM to DD - 11/30/06 and DS - 1/3/10 * 10 week loss 10/13/11 * Cautiously expecting a September Surprise

#6 of 11 Old 05-20-2012, 08:34 PM

My first was born a few days after his due date.  My mom also had all three births within a few days of the due date, so I figured I would too.  My second was born at 37 weeks 2 days.  Despite being "young" he was ready to be born, and had no problems breathing or nursing, whereas my first took a few minutes to figure out breathing, and didn't nurse at all until the 3rd day.  I chart and was very sure of my dates both times.  I am trying to hold no expectations for #3.  

Married to C August 2007.  Son Ian born October 2008.  Son Owen born December 2010.  Daughter Naomi born October 2012.

#7 of 11 Old 05-20-2012, 08:35 PM

I've had 1 due date, 1 three weeks early, 1 at 40 weeks 3 days (induced). So I would say I'm all over the place. All I was 100% sure of the conception date, we used that as our 'EDD' predictor.  I'm pregnant with #4 and trying to be patient, but would have loved the 37 weeker (we're at 38 weeks).

#8 of 11 Old 05-21-2012, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

oh goody!!!  these stories give me some hope, hahaha.  I don't think I can go to 42 weeks again!  thanks for the input!  good luck to everyone!

#9 of 11 Old 05-23-2012, 08:02 AM
kel

All four of my kids were close to 2 weeks past due;)  But there's still hope for you!  You haven't established a pattern yet!  xo

Handmade dress shop owner and mama of five - our littlest just born in December! ♥

#10 of 11 Old 05-23-2012, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm always early. First two at 36 weeks and then another at 38 weeks. All the same weight of 6 pounds and a 10 ounces.
#11 of 11 Old 05-23-2012, 10:39 AM

My 1st baby was born at 36wks3days for no known reason (i had no complications, good blood pressure, etc). Early enough for my doctor to consider him "too early" and worry that this new baby will be born even earlier. I'm receiving weekly progesterone shots to keep this baby in until atleast 37 weeks. I would LOVE to make it to 40 weeks, but also want to avoid inducing at ALL costs!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page