Ligament pain at 5 weeks 2 days - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-25-2012, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello,

I'm finally pregnant through ivf after trying for 2 years! Yay! But I have been having a "pulling" pain in my abdomen since week 4. It happens mostly if I get up out of bed or off the couch and when I turn in bed at night. The closest thing I can compare it to is a muscle cramp. I called my clinic and they said if paracetamol doesn't relieve and if I start bleeding/vomiting then go straight to A&E. I've only had the pain and not the bleeding/vomiting. But paracetamol doesn't relieve it. Sometimes it takes my breath away it's so bad and others it's just a niggle. Did any of you ladies experience this so early? I thought ligament pain started when your belly got bigger?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-25-2012, 03:10 AM

Hi!

i am at 10 weeks preggo right now, and have been experiencing the same pain for about 6 weeks... I asked a few other Mummas about it in my DDC and they are all experiencing it too.

Im going to say its round ligament pain... If it does get really bad I say head in to see a doc, but with the pains that I have had they are sharp and quick. Sometimes they stay around for 30 mins or so, but mostly they just stab one or twice then go away.

Pretty normal as far as I know, and pretty sure it happens throughout pregnancy! We have a lot of growing/stretching to do!!!

Hope that helps Mumma! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! joy.gif

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#3 of 4 Old 05-25-2012, 05:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the post reply! My dr said the same thing bu after trying for so long and finally getting pregnant I worry a little bit. I could go see my GP (I'm still under the care of my IVF clinic at the moment) but he will just say for me to go to A&E like they always do when an issue comes up. So I'm keeping calm and trying not to stress out. Thanks for your kind words! Congrats to you too!

Lacey x x x x
#4 of 4 Old 05-26-2012, 04:39 PM

hi there! i agree with what travelmumma said.  i'm 10 weeks pregnant with twins, and i have been having exactly the same pain that you describe since 4 weeks.  it's gotten a bit better the last few weeks, but i still get horrible cramps when i straighten up after sitting bent forward or sometimes when i turn over too quickly in bed.  i haven't asked my (horrible) gynecologist about it, but the lovely gals here on mothering have assured me that it's just normal round ligament pain.  

congrats on your ivf baby!  my partner and i were also trying for a long time before we got our bfp in april, so i know how scary every pain and twinge can be.  hope you have an easy, anxiety-free 9 months!

Ex-pat gal (40y.o.) in France and her Froggy wife (42y.o.).  Expecting a little (brussel) "sprout"  in Dec 2012 after a year of at-home inseminations and three medicated IUIs in Belgium.  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page