Am I pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-27-2012, 02:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I cannot shake this feeling that I am pregnant- I am so aware of my body so I know when anything feels off. Here's why I think I am... I feel very tired lately like sleep all day tired, I have noticed some darkening of my nipples, and I just cannot get the idea out of my head. I had a "period" (only lasted 5 days- always last 7 days and my implantation bleeding with my second lasted 3 days). I just cannot get rid of this feeling. I am really scared to be pregnant bc I am breastfeeding a 3 year old and 14 month old... I feel like I am going to be neglecting them and it makes me sad :( and I feel like people will judge me but most of all I feel like I won't be good enough. I already feel hormonal. Am I going crazy? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 05-27-2012, 03:38 PM

do you track your cycles or know when your next period should be due or if you had sex around ovulation? if you've had some bleeding then a pregnancy test would be a good idea. if it was implantation then a home test can usually pick up pregnancy two days after implantation. and if it was a period then you will at least set your mind at ease. i'm breastfeeding my 22 month old and pregnant, and i get the same worries that i won't be able to give either baby all that they need. but then i remember that mamas have been doing this since the dawn of time, and take some deep breaths, and try to trust that our family will work it out. every time being a mama throws me for a loop, i always manage to pull something new out of myself and adapt. i'm sure you will too.

betsy:  wife to tony, mama to haven (7/6/10), arlo (m/c 1/21/12), and expecting valencia in late december.

"we are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams" - arthur o'shaunessy

"if there is no dancing then it is not my revolution" - emma goldman

#3 of 4 Old 05-27-2012, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

we were open to a third but I just feel so overwhelmed with two, but I felt like this with number 2 and made it work. I have tested and it came up negative but I didn't get a positive with my second until 2 weeks after implantation. And I was ovulating when we had unprotected sex (he pulled out) and that was 2 weeks ago.

#4 of 4 Old 05-27-2012, 04:28 PM

Mama, first off, *hugs*! I have a 5 year old, an almost 4 year old, an almost 2 year old and am pregnant...DD1 and DD2 are 17 months apart, DD2 and DS are 22 months apart, and this little one will be 28 apart from my son; I can promise you that even though it seems like there is no way that there will be enough of you-there is. If you are in fact pregnant, it will work out, that is not to say that there won't be hard days because there most definitely will, but I find with my little ones that they genuinely love and enjoy enjoy being around each other and it has prooved to be such a huge albeit unplanned blessing to get to see them literally grow up together. The feelings you have are completely normal and I just wish you the very best and hope you get the outcome you want. Good luck!!

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page