Cervical cerlage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-30-2012, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had a preventative stitch placed yesterday after 2 cone biopsy's in 2010, unfortunately I miscarried twice last year (unrelated loss before week 8), it's hard but all I can say is keep going and don't let it consume you. We tried for five years and at year two found out I had endrimetrisis, and precancerous changes hence the biopsy's.
My cervix measured 23mm 2 weeks ago but significantly less yesterday so I'm pleased the stitch is in, I'll be 17weeks tomorrow. With a bit of luck we're get to 36 weeks when the stitch will be removed. I'm going to be taking it very easy for the next fortnight.
The worst bit of the procedure was the wait, I felt uncomfortable yesterday but had no pain today. Light bleeding this morning (nurses said this was normal due to pooled residue from surgery, plus I was up today to go to the toilet) had a lighter watery discharge this afternoon a litlle more after taking a pessary.
#2 of 5 Old 05-30-2012, 02:07 PM

I too had a preventative cervical cerclage last Thursday, 5/24, on day one of my 14th week. Tomorrow will be a week and I've been pretty uncomfortable with cramping and contraction-like pain, especially when my bladder fills and I empty it. I must say that today, I am beginning to feel better--less pain and pressure if I stand or sit up for more than 30 minutes.

Last June, I lost a daughter at 17 weeks due to a shortened cervix. As an African-American female who is overweight and 41 years old, I feel blessed to be given another chance but so worried and frightened about my odds.

Congratulations to you on your pregnancy and your preventative stitch.

#3 of 5 Old 06-08-2012, 04:34 AM - Thread Starter

Hi,

How are you getting on? I feel more positive this week and am certainly a lot more comfortable. My check-up is booked for Tuesday.

Wendy
#4 of 5 Old 06-17-2012, 10:35 PM

Hi ladies! New to this community but had to post because I too had a preventative cerclage on May 29, 4 days before week 14. I think we may all be due around the same time :). So far so good here. Just a little frustrated with all the limitations. You can barely survive a Houston summer with kids without swimming. And you can barely survive parenting 5 year old twin boys while lounging on the couch all day. Hope you're both doing well. I won't see my perinatologist until July 2. When I saw her last week my cervix was at 2.94 (shortest reading while she applied pressure). Good luck, ladies!

#5 of 5 Old 06-29-2012, 07:34 PM

HI All,

Just thought I would give some words of encouragement. Prophylactic cervical cerclage usually works wonderfully. It is very rare to have a cerclage placed at 14 weeks not get you a term or near term baby. I know the waiting is tough but be encouraged, these work really well.

Pelvic rest (nothing in the vagina) is certainly necessary after a cerclage but for a prophylactic cerclage strict bed rest is a bit overkill in my opinion. My3men, I had a patient do her bed rest on a floaty in the pool, she had the best tan of any pregnant lady you ever saw!

Here is a video with more information on cerclage and cervical incompetence, hope it helps!

http://medtwice.com/pregnancy-loss/

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page