Experience with fever in first trimester??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-31-2012, 07:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mammas,
A friend of mine is about 7 weeks pregnant and just went through about 3 days of a low fever (never over 100.5) with no other symptoms but fatigue. She didn't take any Tylenol because she was scared of taking a med, but now her Doc told her that she should have because of all the risks for problems in the first trimester with a fever. So not helpful now that it's over!!!!
I always thought that it was a high fever that should be medicated in the first trimester, like from a flu??
So, for her piece of mind....did anyone get a fever in their first trimester and your kiddo is just fine?
Thanks Mammas!!
Xposted in toddler board
#2 of 5 Old 06-26-2012, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)

Sorry your post was missed. Just thought I;d bump it up for attention. smile.gif

#3 of 5 Old 06-28-2012, 05:21 AM

I don't know the correct answer, but I was incredibly sick when I got BFP and for a few weeks beyond. I did take Tylenol and, before I knew I was pregnant, took Advil. There was no way I could have functioned with a high fever and while in pain. My last US showed a baby that was gorgeously well-formed. Honestly, I haven't worried one bit about the effect of that fever. 

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#4 of 5 Old 06-28-2012, 03:35 PM

While I was pregnant with my first (and ignorant about the whole fever thing while pregnant) I got terribly sick. I didn't have a thermometer so I never will know how high my fever was, but I would speculate going by fevers I've had since then it must have been at least 102, easily even 103. It was absolutely terrible. Later on in that pregnancy I learned about this danger and was very alarmed, to say the least. However, I delivered a perfect little baby who is an extremely bright and beautiful little girl now!

#5 of 5 Old 06-28-2012, 08:57 PM

With each of my kids I have gotten a high fever at some point in the pregnancy. With this one I was 14 weeks, and baby thus far is great as are my other two. smile.gif

Newly SAHM to DD - 11/30/06 and DS - 1/3/10 * 10 week loss 10/13/11 * Cautiously expecting a September Surprise

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page