Has anyone starting lactating in the first trimester before? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-02-2012, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i had a hot shower today, got out and my nipples were soo itchy and felt like their going to explode as if there was milk! then i thought "i wonder?....."

im lactating already, i squeezed teeny drops out, i didnt think that was possible until late 2nd or 3rd trimester

what does that mean? does it mean higher hormones from twins or something?

I havent nursed in over a year and a half

crazy!

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

#2 of 7 Old 06-02-2012, 05:39 PM

Not unusual, some people will always be able to get a few drops. My youngest has been weaned for 1.5yrs and I still can get some. My boobs also get tingly/let-downy around AF. Not beyond the realm of normal smile.gif

Megan, momma to Colin and Ainsley
#3 of 7 Old 06-02-2012, 06:03 PM

I know of several women who have started lactating in the first trimester--all of them have singletons.  It did seem like afterwards breastfeeding went even better for them than it did for the women who hadn't seen any drops before delivery.

#4 of 7 Old 06-02-2012, 06:46 PM

Your body starts producing milk at 10wks.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#5 of 7 Old 06-02-2012, 10:14 PM

Yep, with my first I didn't even have to try to get any out, actually would randomly leak and had to wear nursing pads from really early on. Also, didn't leak at all with my second. Both kids nursed well, so I'd say either (leaking or not leaking) is totally normal.

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
#6 of 7 Old 06-04-2012, 09:14 AM

How long ago did your older child wean, assuming you breastfed him/her?  I could express some milk in the first trimester, but I think it was actually because DS had only weaned like 6 months ago.  It completely dried up for awhile and then I started producing colostrum.

Mumma to DS July 2010 and expecting another baby boy late July 2012 belly.gif

#7 of 7 Old 06-04-2012, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much! Im glad Im not the only one, it hurts!

I was able to squeeze out some after I stopped nursing, but it went away, now its back, Im only 6 weeks along! Its white too, not like colostrum

A Toronto born young mama blowkiss.giffreshly moved for a new adventure in ALBERTA! with Superdaddy superhero.gifand her intact and vax free, breastfed and babyworn Aug09 babenono02.gif attending college for early childhood educationwhale.gif   and being blessed with #2 just in time for Valentines Dayheartbeat.gif pos.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page