Hypnobirthing class or Hypnobabies home study course? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-04-2012, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was hoping to take a Hypnobabies class but none of the teachers in my area offer one that will finish before our due date. :( I have found a Hypnobirthing class that is offered with time to spare though. For those of you that have researched or used both methods, which do you think would be more beneficial- the in-person Hypnobirthing class or the at home Hypnobabies class? Thanks for your help!

#2 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 01:06 PM

As a HypnoBirthing practitioner, I totally recommend HypnoBirthing rather than self-taught HypnoBabies.  Many couples choose HypnoBabies because of the lower cost and the ease of not having to go to a class at some location at a certain time.  Making time for the 2 1/2 hour sessions can be stressful.  And the cost is quite a bit more.  But I can just about guarantee you that on-site learning with a certified professional demonstrating the techniques, explaining the rationale and how to do the techniques is far superior to DIYing.  It's like the difference between getting a massage from a massage therapist vs.  massaging an area yourself.  You may be able to do it, but it just isn't as effective.  And regarding the cost:  compare the cost of HypnoBirthing to the cost of an epidural.  HypnoBirthing is worth every penny you invest.  Give it a try.  If your goal is to have a comfortable, peaceful birth, go with HypnoBirthing--in a class.  (HypnoBirthing Institute also offers the course as a DIY program--same program but without the practitioner providing live demonstration.  It's the same cost, if I remember correctly, but the difference is the effectiveness of live instruction.)  Some couples, however, do not have access to classes.  Either DIY method--HypnoBirthing or HypnoBabies--will prepare you well for birth, but an on-site class is far more effective.

Best wishes for a beautiful birth!

#3 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 01:10 PM

I've used the Hypbobabies home course for my last three births and will do so again for the upcoming birth. I honestly cannot imagine what an instructor could have added.  

Boys: 12/94, 1/99, 11/03, 6/11. Girls: 11/06, 10/09, 12/12 2ndtri.gif

#4 of 5 Old 06-06-2012, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Initially I was leaning toward taking the hypnobirthing class. But I researched them online, and all moms who had done both programs with different children strongly preferred Hypnobabies. That's what swayed me; though I'd still love to hear from moms who've gone through both and can compare.

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/2RSWm4.png

#5 of 5 Old 06-11-2012, 07:48 AM

Friends have used the online hypnobirthing course from the hypnobirthingdownloads website (also on positive-birth I think) - they got videos and lots of mp3 downloads for before, during and after the birth and loved it all. There was a money back guarantee so no risk and they also had great support from the site with personal contact and advice re questions. Definitely worth a try.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page