A Peaceful Pregnancy - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-07-2012, 02:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you!  Off to check them out! :)

Kalista, happily married to my best friend , mama to 4 fabulous kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 02:40 PM

Hello everyone! I'm so glad to be here! I got the official word yesterday from my blood test on Friday and just confirmed the numbers are rising with another blood test this morning.
I know a lot can happen between now and 35 more weeks but I want to enjoy this moment. I don't feel pregnant at all, I was completely baffled at the results as I had gotten BFNs at 11, 16 and 18 DPO... I am scheduled for an early ultrasound next week to see if there is anything to see but in the mean time I want to feel a little bit like I'm pregnant and join this group since I enjoyed your company so much in the TTC thread.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
Old 11-20-2012, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, Dakipode. Congratulations on your BFP!! I'm so happy to see you here.

Please keep us posted as you navigate the 40 week wait. I've added resources posters have recommended over the months to the original post. Please let us know what external/internal resources you come across to help you stay peaceful during your pregnancy.

namaste.gif

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

Old 11-20-2012, 10:15 PM

Thanks, writinglove. For now I'm keeping an open mind. I choose to believe what the nurse told me even though I personally haven't seen (or felt) any proof. I guess you could say my zen-nes has to do with trust.

Old 11-21-2012, 12:25 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

dakipode!  I'm so happy to see you here!  Congratulations!  At this point you just have to go on faith to know everything is ok.  I hope the next 35 weeks are peaceful and full of joy.  Something sticks with me that someone said once upon a time.  I tell myself, "Today, I am pregnant."  You don't know what tomorrow may bring, but be happy for today because today you are pregnant.

AFM-I am doing well.  I am 10 weeks tomorrow and actually starting to feel a little better.  I had my first official prenatal appointment yesterday, and everything looks great.  The Dr. did an ultrasound so we have new pictures.  It's amazing how much difference 1 month makes and how big the baby has gotten.  I was a tiny bit worried that something might be wrong.  I think I have just read too many stories about what can happen.  To stay zen, I am trying to avoid reading stories of loss.  I feel for the people, of course, but I just don't want to be in that space right now.  We had to watch a video about prenatal screening and testing before our appointment.  I was very happy that DW and I are on the same page about what tests we are ok with.  Now I will need to practice my techniques for staying calm while we wait for the test results.  I haven't been having too much anxiety the last couple months.  I do tend to lean towards anxiety, but I am very happy that this is not a problem for me now.  I am taking it easy and trying to enjoy each day and each milestone as we reach it.  I hope everyone else is doing well and that those of you who are in the US have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 11-21-2012, 04:08 PM

Dakipode, so happy to see you here!  I'll congratulate you again!  You know, I'll admit, I had this secret hope that you'd end up getting a BFP after your cycle was just going so long. My SIL had several BFNs a couple of months ago and then finally after her period was very late got a BFP.  She's now 11ish weeks and all is well.

AFM: So sick.  So very, very sick.  This 24/7 wretched morning sickness is really hard. I haven't thrown up yet but the constant, gnawing, gagging nausea is rough.  It's whole body nausea too, like car sickness.  Monday I had to lie downt he entire day I was so dizzy.  Hard to be a good mommy to my DS on those days.  I am struggling a lot with anxiety too.  I saw my therapist yesterday and she thinks part of the anxiety is hormonal as I am doing everything I should be to manage my anxiety overall.  It's good to hear (as I was starting to be frustrated with myself) but also disheartening that no amount of meditation seems to be helping.  BUT I am still working on it.  The constant nausea also creates a feedback loop for the anxiety.  I am trying to trust that everything will be okay.  I have my first scan next week and am scared but also in as good a headspace as I can be with my loss history and what not.  Whew.

Wife to DHguitar.gif, Mama to DS1 luxlove.gifribbonjigsaw.gif (06/2007) and DS2 baby.gif (06/2013), missing babies (mc 08/2006 @ 5 weeks) and (missed mc 06/2012 @ 11 weeks)

Old 11-25-2012, 08:04 AM

Hello ladies,
I'm sorry to say that I won't be joining you after all. I'm sad but I know I'm in good company in the Saner TTC thread and I hope to be back soon!
May you all have wonderful pregnancies and beautiful babies!

Old 11-25-2012, 10:04 PM

I'm so sorry dakipode.  It will happen.  I have faith that it will.  Take good care of yourselves.  hug2.gif

Old 11-26-2012, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

I'm sorry, daki. Love to you. We hope to see you back here soon. heartbeat.gif

Being mommy, I, too, have an uptick in anxiety when I am not feeling well. I don't have any magic formula for you, but I do know that the sheer act of noticing that your anxiety is a result of not feeling well does release a girl from part of it's grip. Hormones are tough!

AFM, I at 24 weeks, and I'm in a really in difficult a place, wishing I could go back to the blissful, naive place that I was in at this point during my last pregnancy. I'm truly irritable. I hate having a history of stillbirth, I miss my midwife, and I'm having trouble trusting my DH, this pregnancy, my abilities as a mother, and the world. Tonight I plan to start listening to hypnobabies to hopefully quiet some of my fears/distrust, and to connect with this little one. I wish I had more energy to exercise. Last night I had a prenatal massage, which was one of the best decisions I have made so far. Not sure why I waited so long!

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

Old 11-26-2012, 10:45 PM

Hi, everyone! I've been scarce because of life's fullness, but still working very much in the spirit of the Saner Pregnancy. Thank you so very much to writinglove for keeping this going, and for welcoming each new pregnancy on the thread! Thank you also for the wonderful resources for our first page.

I've been doing fine with the pregnancy so far. 20 week scan looked good (beautiful, actually :). We found out we'll be welcoming a girl, and since we already have a boy, this makes me very, very happy. Her name will be the same as my much-loved MIL's nickname. We saw family over the holiday and they already love her. My SILs and MIL had a baby shower for us, so happy were they to be able to buy girl stuff (boy-heavy on that side). Husband and I are talking strategy for cribs, daycare, time off, etc.

Which is all to say that what's been keeping me sane are all the "jobs" or milestones or stages of pregnancy: the scans, the doctor visits, the getting the layette ready, the preparing of freezer meals, the childbirth classes (hmmmm. need to get on that). When I'm not thinking of these activities I can start to go to the anxious place, where I worry about stillbirth, major disability, problems with labor, my son's well-being, etc. The jobs are an active way of saying, "I'm getting ready for you, if you should come, and am open to many ways of you coming to us, and open to whomever you turn out to be."

The kicks and rolls help, too, especially as she is very active during the day. It is impossible to forget her at work when she's having a workout.

Every day I feel those kicks is a day we're closer to meeting her in person, and another day she's making it. I sort of feel like that when preparing for my son's sixth birthday party tomorrow: like, he's made it six years, six years we've been blessed to still have him. I know that's grim, but that's why we have birthdays! To celebrate that we're still around. And with how overactive my imagination is, I choose to turn my anxiety over his safety into gratefulness over his continued presence in my life.

Glad you ladies are here :)

Old 12-01-2012, 09:12 AM

Thank you so much for posting this article. After my first appt with our midwife yesterday, and an US. I was feeling good. until they came in the room and shared that baby was only 6 weeks and 1 day and had a low heartbeat of 70. I felt anxious nod panicked for hours and was so worried about the possibility of miscarriage. After doing some research, it seems this is not so unusualnfornthis stage. I am focusing on being positive and not thinking of the possible what ifs I may not like. This article on control reminds me how out of control I am and to just be and live. What will happen is already happening, one way or the other. Today I am taking time to do thing I love, besides focusing only on my pregnancy. Thank you so much for this message and refocus in my life.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:02 AM

Hi all!  

Dakipode, I wrote on the Saner TTC thread but again I am so so sorry. hug2.gif

Writinglove, so glad you got the massage and as I said on the FB group that I love Hypnobabies so I hope it has helped quiet some of your anxiety. luxlove.gif

Zenquaker, good to "meet" you!  Great to hear all your focused thoughts and how you manage the anxiety. 

Franny13, sending vibes for things to turn out fine. I know it can be so scary. I really like your idea of taking time to do things you love.

AFM: Whew!  Had my sanity greatly challenged yesterday when I had a lot of sudden, gushing, bright red bleeding.   I thought it was all over (I am at 8 weeks) BUT a scan found a growing, wiggling baby with a great heartbeat. I have a SCH which may cause much more bleeding and clots and cramping for a bit yet.  My heart feels a bit frazzled imagining it all.  But I am calm this morning.  I am trying to give everything over to the universe and know what will be will be.  All I can do it take care of myself and be positive and hopeful. This thread is reminding me to do that. Thanks all.

Wife to DHguitar.gif, Mama to DS1 luxlove.gifribbonjigsaw.gif (06/2007) and DS2 baby.gif (06/2013), missing babies (mc 08/2006 @ 5 weeks) and (missed mc 06/2012 @ 11 weeks)

Old 12-10-2012, 08:05 AM

Hi all.  I guess I belong here now.  Woot!

Hope everyone is having a good-as-can-be-expected-Monday.  smile.gif

August seems very, very, very far away.  I'm trying not to think of all the horrible things that can happen between now and then and just enjoy the knowledge that there's a life brewing away down there in my belly...

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

Old 12-10-2012, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome GIS! Congratulations!!

The 40ww is a true challenge: body, mind, and spirit. If during your journey you discover peaceful ways to cope with this challenge, please do share them with the group. Feel free to come here to vent about the challenges, too.

namaste.gif

Old 12-23-2012, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi all, I'm joining you here at 8 wks pregnant. My DH and I have a history of losses due to a balanced translocation in his chromosomes. In a nutshell, we have been given about a 25% chance of a healthy baby for each pregnancy. Thankfully these past few weeks have been good, I haven't had spotting, and I've felt increasingly nauseous. I had an early scan two weeks ago that showed a strong heartbeat and on-target growth. Tomorrow morning I'm going in for another scan to check up on growth and make sure there's still a heartbeat. As for me, I'm just trying to stay calm and remind myself that if it is meant to be, it will work this time. Send positive thoughts my way for a good appointment tomorrow!

Mama to Iris (01/10) and Gus (08/13)
Old 12-23-2012, 10:13 PM

Hi coffeebean.  I'm so happy to see you hear.  I'm glad things have been going well.  I believe the odds have got to be on your side sometime.  Sending lots of positive vibes your way for a healthy baby and good luck at your appointment tomorrow.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:59 AM - Thread Starter

Hi coffee! So happy to see you here. Welcome. Sending you loads and loads of creative and positive energy!!

Old 12-24-2012, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you, PokeyAC and writinglove. I'm so glad that both of you are here too, with healthy pregnancies. I had a great appointment today with baby even measuring ahead of what we were looking for and a strong heartbeat. I'm so relieved and ready for a peaceful Christmas.

Mama to Iris (01/10) and Gus (08/13)
Old 12-25-2012, 08:39 AM

Hi everyone- I just got my rainbow BFP yesterday and would like to join you here. I've already had some stressful moments and am always looking for ways to remain calm. My guess date is September 4, 2013.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 12-25-2012, 08:40 AM

Cofee- Glad to see you here and glad things are going your way.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
Old 12-25-2012, 07:36 PM

Congratulations Deborah!  That's wonderful news.  I hope the next several months are peaceful and healthy for you and your family.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:10 PM

Thanks Pokey!

Old 01-01-2013, 10:26 AM

So, I joined a Facebook group from a DDC on another board and all of them are panicking over everything. Anyone have suggestions on a way I can handle this appropriately and peacefully without having to leave the group?

Old 01-01-2013, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Deborah, one idea is to just keep your distance until people calm down a bit. Another idea is to share your coping techniques without expecting that anyone will respond.

Old 01-01-2013, 02:08 PM

Welcome to all the new posters, and congratulations :)

My challenge to a peaceful pregnancy right now is that although this is my second pregnancy (to go this far), this is the first time I've really experienced BH contractions. It can be scary to feel pressure and tightness. I did see the doctor and everything is fine, and my little girl is moving like CRAZY (so

reassuring), and I'm resting a lot. No stairs, and I take it way easy.

I am coping through breathing, keeping my mind busy with other things, and celebrating every week that I get closer to my due date.

Plus I drank (non-alcoholic) eggnog every day in December. Yum.

How's everyone doing?

Old 01-01-2013, 02:34 PM

Thanks WritingLove. I thought about that, but I also know how scary it can be and try to share my experiences. I considered saying something like I am trying to keep things very peaceful, so I'll be back in the second trimester when people are feeling more comfortable, but I don't know if people will take that the wrong way.

Old 01-01-2013, 07:55 PM - Thread Starter

Deborah, how about saying you will be away for a time without going into details.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 AM

Maybe. It seems to not be as bad today. I just know I got tons of support from my last DDC which is why I went in for this one. Then again, the FB group started much later in that one.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:04 AM

That is hard, Deborah.  I would also stay away myself.  Early in my pregnancy, I stayed away from reading stories of loss because I just couldn't handle them.  I empathize with folks who are nervous, but I didn't want to get involved.  I was feeling confident and good and I tried to stay in that frame of mind.  I'm very grateful for the support I have received in these forums, but I have also heard so many experiences of loss that were heartbreaking.  Fear creeps in now and then, but I try to focus on the positives and remember how my baby is growing and healthy.  I listen to my instincts and my feelings.

Old 01-02-2013, 11:36 AM

Yeah. I'm trying to just ignore those posts and I'm going to see who posts the majority of them and maybe hide those people.

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List