A Peaceful Pregnancy - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-08-2013, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My son is five and I still check to make sure he's breathing before I go to bed.  If for some reason I get side-tracked and get into bed before I realize it, I have to haul myself out out of bed again.  Otherwise, I can't fall asleep.  When this will stop, I don't know, age 16 or so?  ROTFLMAO.gif

QOTD:  We have to drive four hours round trip to go see my mom every year, she's in assisted living and is blind, so she really appreciates the visit.  I won't get my own day until, well, you know...

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Update: my boy is now 8 weeks and happy and healthy! Thinking of you all.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

Old 05-09-2013, 02:13 PM

Writinglove, I can't tell you how happy this makes me! You are a MOTHER! smile.gif
Old 05-09-2013, 02:43 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Congratulations writinglove!  That is wonderful news.  I hope you are all enjoying being together as a family.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:39 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Congrats, Writinglove!!

My daughter is 9 and I also check on her every night before I can fall asleep too. I don't think that tug ever completely goes away.

Had my appointment with my MW on Wednesday afternoon. Got to hear the baby's HB, which was amazing!! Nice and strong in the 150's heartbeat.gif They didn't have my Harmony Prenatal test results, which made me really anxious, but we finally got them late yesterday. Everything looks perfect. SO, so relieved and excited! They somehow did not add the Y analysis portion of the test (it is optional), which indicates sex and tests for Y aneuploidies. Kind of frustrated, as my MF spent literally hours on the phone with the lab to assure that everything was ordered correctly and that the full test, Harmony Prenatal with Y Analysis, would be completed (this was their first time ordering the test) after I spent hours myself with the lab trying to figure out what they needed to do and who to contact to get the test. So irritating. But that has been pretty much overshadowed by my immense joy at being reassured about this LO's health. 2nd trimester anatomy scan scheduled for early June. Can't wait to see baby again, and for DH and DD to see too!

QOTD Planning a relaxed brunch with my parents, my sister and her family. Looking forward to seeing everyone and having no real agenda.

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

I am a treehugger.gif Mama whocd.gif femalesling.GIFwinner.jpgfamilybed1.gif

Old 05-10-2013, 07:55 AM

Thanks for stopping by, Writinglove, enjoy that little boy!

Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 PM

It has been a long time since my last post and I have since had my baby (a sweet BOY!). But for those of you here after losses, just wanted to toss out some encouragement for you. My little guy is here after 7 losses, 5 of which happened consecutively in a matter of 18 months and ended in me losing a tube after a ruptured ectopic. I felt pretty hopeless losing part of my reproductive system after I was already obviously "broken" when it came to carrying babies. So he feels like more of a miracle than ever...and I just wanted to encourage the other PAL mama's not to lose hope. I tended to feel pretty alone in my situation a lot of the time and it was helpful to me to hear from other mama's who had experienced as many losses and went on to have a healthy term pregnancy and a healthy baby, so I hope I, too, can encourage someone else.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

Old 05-13-2013, 11:04 AM

Congratulations 1babymom!  I'm so glad to hear your sweet little boy has joined your family.  Thank you for sharing your encouragement.  I can only imagine how difficult it would be to trust your body and the process of pregnancy after so many losses.  I hope you are all doing well.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:33 PM

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Congrats writing love and 1baby'smom. Thank you for stopping by with so much encouragement!

I had my first ultrasound today and I have 1 lovely little yolk sac in there! biggrinbounce.gif So excited that it measured well. My progesterone was on the low end of average but still ok.  Looks like I'll be sticking with the prometrium for awhile. Next week hopefully we'll get to see the heart beat....luxlove.gif  

BTW- Those of you who are having homebirths- when did you seek out your midwife? How far along were you when they set up your first appointment?

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
Old 05-15-2013, 11:26 AM

Hi!
I am new to the thread. I am 8.5 weeks with baby #4 and I am an emotional wreck. When I first found out I was pregnant, I felt really peaceful about it. Both DH and I thought we'd have a surprise baby soon! Now though I find I worry constantly about this little one not sticking around. It's so overwhelming. I am sad and depressed, just so blah feeling. I would really like to feel at peace again but I am struggling so much.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:45 AM

owlhowl-hug2.gif  I'm sorry your so stressed out. Is there a reason that you should be worried this bean won't stick? Did you read something or get told something that set you off?

Old 05-15-2013, 12:14 PM

Oh goodness, I've missed a lot.

Congratulations JustJenny!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you! I had been stopping by the Saner TTC thread every so often just to check on you. :-)

And congratulations to those of you who have had your babies as well!

I've been doing pretty well lately. I only vomit about once a week now. I'm going to see what happens if I don't take zofran tomorrow. I've been getting lots of reassurance that the baby is okay because I can feel her moving most every day. Of course this means that I worry on days that I can't feel her moving much. This is feeling much more real! So I'm increasingly scared and excited.

*** *5* * *8* * *12* * *16 * * *20* * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * stillheart.gif 40
Old 05-15-2013, 02:24 PM

This pregnancy feels so different from my last 3. I don't have horrible (yet reassuring) morning sickness, just mild nausea, maybe I will vomit a few times a week. I find that unsettling. I usually dream about my babies when pregnant but I have not had a single baby dream yet...totally weird for me!
Also, I don't know anyone (IRL) who did not have a loss or complication with pregnancy #4.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:31 PM

owlhowl- Something that helps me get out of depressions and anxiety is to refocus on gratitude. Giving recognition to the positive does wonders for your mental stability and health. I know its so difficult when you have a overwhelming feeling of despair or anxiety - but you have made it 8.5 weeks! From what you've said there is nothing in reality to make you scared. Its your own mind and hormones playing with you. Refocus Mama! hug2.gifUse your avatar as inspiration! Right now everything is good and as it should be...smile.gif

Old 05-16-2013, 06:01 AM

justjenny I really like your thoughts on gratitude. Sometimes when I'm not really feeling it I take a quick read through one of the TTC threads here on MDC. It helps me remember that there is anxiety no matter what, and the best we can do is try to live in today. And today we're pregnant.

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:40 AM

We just found out (unexpectedly) that we're expecting a baby BOY!! I was having some cramping and light spotting which despite reassurances from my midwife made be scared and worried. I ended up going to the ER yesterday for my own mental health and everything essentially looks good. Baby boy is perfect, healthy and super active! I had suspected boy. And the cramping/spotting seem to have calmed down today, thank goodness. I just wanted to share our happy news!!

Welcome and Hugs, Owlhowl hug2.gif If you look though previous posts, many of us have struggled with the letting go and believing things will be alright. It is SO hard, especially with so much out of our control. Trying to focus on staying in the moment can help, meditation/yoga. Hoping you find something that works for you, mama.

Wishing you all a great weekend flowersforyou.gif

Mama to Little Bean and Baby Bean partner to My Love and loving caretaker to cat.gif dog2.gif and chicken3.gif 

Old 05-19-2013, 09:05 AM

Yay, sparklemaman! Congrats! I can't remember if you've mentioned whether your other LO is a boy or girl.

I've been doing great lately. DH and I are steadily cleaning up the house, organizing things, getting rid of stuff but not feeling frantic at all, just a peaceful sense of getting ready and preparing for something we're both happily anticipating.

I'm off on a short work related trip this week, which DH is a little anxious about. I figure I'll call him from the road every time I stop to reassure him. It's weird because with this general sense of peace I've also been feeling much more willing to accept that there are many areas I need to compromise on, or altogether change. For example: I got a speeding ticket last week, the first one in over 14 years and I was initially pretty peeved about it, then I started saying this little mantra in my head when driving "I don't HAVE TO speed, I'm okay doing the speed limit". For as long as I can remember since I started driving I could not go the speed limit, it pissed me off for some reason, and now I realize I've been fighting windmills... Anyway, I feel like I am ready to reconsider some of the unhealthy habits I have and work towards reassuring my generally more conservative/prudent DH.

Now that I am a mom I no longer have time for knit.gif,teapot2.GIF,read.gif
Old 05-19-2013, 09:10 AM

Yay a boy!! Boys are wonderful smile.gif

I have been feeling a bit better emotionally and physically. Of course I try not to dwell on my fading nausea. I have a dating ultra sound coming up on Wednesday! I can't wait to see what's going on in my uterus!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:00 PM

Thanks, mamas. We are just over the moon thrilled that he's healthy. I have a 9 year old DD who was really hoping for a boy. I had absolutely no preference but I will say it feels even more exciting and real to know. Now it's not the baby or he/she, yk?

Old 05-20-2013, 08:44 AM

Another male on the way! Had our anatomy scan this morning. After a very irritable ride over to the hospital for our appointment this morning, DW and I buried the hatchet in the waiting room just in time. The tech showed us the heartbeat right away which was so reassuring and I resisted the urge to ask "and does it look OK?" every time she pointed out something new. All the organs look good and appropriate sizes/quantities etc. I'm still not feeling much movement yet but this helps a lot to know he's in there and doing OK. Another appt this afternoon where one of our OBs will look at the report more carefully and also do a regular check-up. 

My wife (30) and I (32) have been legally married since 2006. We are proud queer mamas to baby W, born 10/10/2013.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:53 AM

Congrats on your boys Sparkle and Sphinxy!!

Glad to hear your feeling a bit better owlhowl. Can't wait to hear your wed update.

coati- How did you do off the Zofran?

AFM- Had some brown spotting and cramping last night.  Just trying to stay calm and reassure myself that these things happen and it isn't a negative sign all the time. Cramping is still going on but no more spotting so far. I have a ultrasound on Thurs. to see heart beat. If things aren't right I will call to get in earlier. fingersx.gif

Old 05-20-2013, 11:44 AM

Fingers crossed that it's nothing JustJenny - I was super crampy early on with this one for whatever reason.  I'm still (very much, and more so every day) pregnant.  :)

Congratulations on everyone's good news lately!

Sorry about the speeding ticket, Dakipode.  I have toned it town over the years, but I still battle my inherited leadfoot (from my mom, no less).  ;)  You'll be amazed at how much you curse other drivers once you have a baby in the backseat!

Old 05-20-2013, 12:15 PM

Congratulations Sparklemaman and Sphinxy!

JustJenny, I'll be sending you good thoughts. Large amounts of cramping was actually my first pregnancy symptom.

My day off of zofran went better than last time but still resulted in vomiting. I only vomited once this time as opposed to three times so improvement I guess. I'm going to keep taking zofran for now. Sometimes I worry about it, but I would be more worried if I weren't able to eat enough at this point.

We have another doctor's appointment tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to hearing the heartbeat again. I don't desperately need to hear the heartbeat for reassurance so much anymore now that I can feel movement most everyday. But goodness do I worry when she has a quiet day!

This is going to be a hard week though. My grandmother just passed away, and I'll be flying across the country to go to the funeral. I need to look after my mom.

*** *5* * *8* * *12* * *16 * * *20* * * 24 * * * 28 * * * 32 * * * 36 * * stillheart.gif 40
Old 05-20-2013, 04:27 PM

sparklemaman-Congratulations on the baby boy!  I'm glad to hear he is healthy and doing well.  We're having a boy too and we are very excited.

owlhowl--I hope everything goes well at your ultrasound!  This is a stressful time, and I know you will feel so reassured when you see the little bean and it's strong heartbeat.

Sphinxy-Congratulations on your boy too!  That was some smart schedulind.  I hope your other appointments go just as well. 

JustJenny-- I hope everything is just fine and you get to see the heartbeat on Thursday. I know this is a scary time, especially after a loss, but you are right that what you are experiencing could be totally normal.  You will feel a little better Thursday and then a little better each day after that.

coati--I'm very sorry about your grandmother.  I hope you have a good trip for the funeral and enjoy the time with your family.  I also hope everything goes well at your appointment.

AFM-I'm doing pretty well.  I figured out a way to sleep that seems to be better so far.  Being able to get some decent sleep really gives me some peace of mind.  I have an appointment tomorrow to check the baby's position and for Group B Strep test.  I think he is head down and has been so I'm not worried about that.  I am hoping the strep test is negative.  I would rather not have to have antibiotics or go to the hospital too early in labor.  I would like to stay home as long as I can.

Old 05-21-2013, 06:53 AM

JustJenny You are in my thoughts and prayers. I too had lots of cramping the first few weeks, which was quite unnerving! sticky.gif Sticky baby vibes to you.

Sphinxy Yeah for boys! I am pretty excited to raise a feminist boy myself. And as I said, DD is just thrilled. There totally should be WAY more reassurance in visits and ultrasounds about what's normal/typical/expected rather than just pointing things out and leaving it there!

Thanks Pokey!! Glad to be in good company smile.gif  I cannot believe you are almost in the home stretch, mama! Sleep is SO important. I am so very glad you've found a comfortable way to sleep.

Crazy, crazy day at work but i wanted to stop in and say hello. om.gif to you all!!

Old 05-21-2013, 07:30 AM

Hugs, Jenny, from another woman who also had unnerving cramping early on. When I asked around they said it was my uterus expanding/repositioning. Sounds like somethung that needs to happen, and yet, there was never much solace in it. Can't quite remember when it went away, but definitely by mid/late first tri.

pokey - do share if you can, I'd love to know the magic sleeping position!

sparkle -Yes! And Yay for more feminist boys!

Well, the OB confirmed all the "thumbs up"s that we got in the hospital about our anatomy scan. She also told us that the placenta is high and in back (yay), and that our baby boy is already head down (double yay). We're in the average range on size, too, about 12 ounces so far. We are hoping to move in the next two months, so I am glad to have all of these early tests and milestones settled now and I can focus on getting ready for the next step in our relocation. It seems like if everything just keeps chugging along as is, there really isn't much to do (doc/midwife-wise) from now on aside from the infamous GD test. So I feel like our move might actually time itself pretty well in terms of switching practices.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 AM

RE: Sleeping.  Lying flat got really uncomfortable even with a pillow between my knees and under my back to support my belly on the sides.  The last few nights I have slept semi-reclined.  I have 3 different pillows stacked up so I can lean back.  I can sometimes sleep on my back like this with a pillow under my knees.  When I flip to the side, I put the pillow under my belly to support it and part stays between my legs.  It's not perfect, but it works fairly well.  I could add one more pillow but that might be a bit much.  shy.gif  I gave up on my pregnancy pillow.  Turning over has gotten harder, and I need to support my belly or it starts to pull on my sides and ribs and it hurts.  Honestly, it's not that bad.  I do manage to get a decent amount of sleep.  It makes me feel better to have a system.  The night I figured this out I was having anxiety about going to sleep because I was worried it would be really bad.  I'm wishing we had gotten a la-z-boy recliner, but I'm glad we decided not to spend so much money on a chair.  I should have put one on my registry. That would have been a great gift!

Old 05-22-2013, 02:45 PM

I saw my sweet baby today! 9 weeks, 6 days, heartbeat 179 bpm! I am so very happy and feeling a lot better now! smile.gif
Old 05-29-2013, 02:23 PM

That's so awesome owlhowl!

My ultrasound last week went great and I got to see the heart beat. Its a nice and healthy embryo so far!  I haven't had anymore bleeding so I'm happy about that!  Anyone deal with total food aversion during their first tri?  Literally everything that goes in my mouth makes me gag. Even plain noodles. I'm not hungry at all and am just forcing food down through the nausea and gagging. I was living off dairy last week and now that tastes rotten to me.  Any ideas on what I should do? I've been taking the unisom w/b6 or else I would be puking my guts out.  Please tell me this ends soon redface.gif  Coati- did you deal with this? How are you feeling? My symptoms keep escalating each week so I'm a little afraid for next week to come. I'm 7 weeks now. Any reassurance would be appreciated innocent.gif

Old 05-29-2013, 03:07 PM

Congrats JustJenny and owlhowl on your healthy little embryos. I will never forget hearing that heartbeat for the first time. SO special and reassuring.

JustJenny - My nausea and aversions were not consistently as bad as yours sound, though on some individual days they certainly could be very bad. It really depended on the day for me. I had my toast/english muffins/bagels/crackers days, my yogurt/milk/cheese days, and on my worst days it was just chicken broth or cranberry juice and my prenatals. I'm usually pretty in touch with my digestive system, but the one thing that surprised me the most was how my sensations were just... off. Sometimes I would feel like food was the last thing I wanted to see/smell/touch, but then I would try to eat, and three bites in I would realize that I was starving and it would go down much better than I expected. So, I guess my suggestion would be to keep trying things if you can, though of course you know your body best and I know that sometimes there is just no way to get around the aversions. If liquids are going down OK, maybe try some smoothies? I've found them to be a quick and easy way to pack a lot of nutrients into my body quickly when I wake up, before the nausea can set in. My usual is a blend of plain greek yogurt (with fat), a banana, some berries, a couple splashes of OJ, and a small handful of frozen spinach. Can't taste the spinach due to all the sweetness of the fruit but I figure every bit of greens I can get helps. Some other foods that worked at times: apple sauce, oatmeal, and mixed greens salads tossed generously in balsamic vinegar dressing. I don't know what it is about the vinegar but it really helped the food go down. I think I've seen something on other boards around MDC about women actually drinking a certain brand of apple cider vinegar to ward off nausea. I never tried that, but might be worth looking into. The timing of when nausea ends is so different for everyone. Mine definitely escalated around weeks 6-8, was at its worst around weeks 9 and 10, and then started to progressively improve a little bit each week. By week 14, I barely had any aversions or nausea at all. These days it is very rare and even when it does happen, it doesn't last more than an hour or two.

Afm - Just chugging along. It feels SO good to have the anatomy scan in the past and know that our little guy is doing great. I feel him a little bit now, little flutters as I'm settling in to bed or even the kind of annoying flicking sensation against my bladder. But even then I don't get too annoyed because it's nice to know he's moving around. On the emotional side, I feel like I've been doing a better job lately answering invasive questions that aren't really anyone's business (how did you find your sperm donor? what's he like? etc.), but last week I had a new experience with blatantly unsolicited advice. A friend of mine contacted me to sort of lecture me about circumcision less than 24 hours after seeing on facebook that I'm having a boy. Not that I wanted to talk to her about it, because my kid's genitals are none of her business, but she didn't even ask me first, she just started in on her views at the beginning of the conversation and kind of railroaded me - not cool.).  I really wasn't prepared for that. As pokey told me on another board, this is probably just something that we are going to have to get used to as parents, the unsolicited advice, regardless of the topic. For some reason lots of people feel that they can just tell you how to parent because they have BTDT, even if you didn't ask. In these kinds of situations I am often the type of person who has lots of good ideas about what I would like to say to people after the interaction is over, but in the moment I am usually so surprised and uncomfortable that I wind up giving them a pass just to get it over with as quickly as possible, which is what happened with this friend. So, anyway, I feel good about my responses lately to invasive questions and now it's on to practicing ways to handle people who spout unwanted and unsolicited advice and opinions. I think, depending on the person, I will either just let them talk until they are done, knowing that it's about them and not me, or politely tell them that our parenting decisions are private. Any other thoughts out there about how to handle situations like this? 

Tags
Pregnancy
User Tag List