Doppler - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-10-2012, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, before I get bombarded with posts about how doppler is worse than US and all of that, let me just say that I have done my research and we have decided that to quell my anxieties, we will use the doppler after 12- 22 weeks once a week, only on the weeks that we do not have a doctors appointment. Hopefully, at 22 weeks we will be able to hear with a fetascope. If not, we will probably continue to try with the fetascope but use the doppler until we can hear it with the fetascope.

So, my question is this: Does anyone know the difference between an obstetrical probe and a vascular probe? Here is the doppler Im thinking of buying, and it seems for $10 more I can get the 8 mhz vascular probe. http://www.fetaldoppler.net/sonoline-b.html
n
When looking online, it seems to me that a vascular probe picks up the heartbeat by measuring the movement of the red blood cells. Any ideas on if it safer? Does anyone know if it works as well (because I really want use it for less than a minute, so I dont want it to take longer, just because it uses a different method unless that method is somehow better or safer.)

TIA!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 4 Old 06-10-2012, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

Nevermind,
It seems that the vascular probe is for people looking for problems in their veins.

Anyway, doesnt anyone have any experience with the sonoline b?

Also, Id like to continue to apologize to the mama in my past ddc whom I argued with about how she shouldnt use a doppler. Sorry bout that.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 4 Old 06-11-2012, 07:22 PM

We used a doppler for our last pregnancy.

It was great. I am not sure the brand, as we rented one, but that price is great.

Also, we did some research too, and we were not too too worried about damage to the baby.

We also intended to use it about as much as you intend. At first we used to more. It was wonderful to hear the heartbeat, and it was reassuring, and fun, etc.

The novelty wore off and then we started to use it as we intended and then stopped using it all together once movement was regular and strong.

All that said to just say that if you end up using it more than you intended at first....do not beat yourself up. A couple of minutes a few times a week isn't detrimental to your little precious bundle.

We are considering buying one for this pregnancy. But we are having twins and are worried that it will be hard to find both heartbeats and that will worry us more. We're torn.

But that is a good price!!!

Me 40 eat.gif. Partner to mamacolleen 33 superhero.gif. DD born July 2009 blahblah.gif. Twin boys born Nov 2012.

We are a family that loves cold.giftreehugger.giffamilybed1.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#4 of 4 Old 06-21-2012, 11:01 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I have a sonoline B and LOVE it.

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

Younique has new products 9/1/14! Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page