Less/Different sickness in subsequent pregnancies??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-11-2012, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am 5 weeks, 5 days pregnant with my 3rd, and since the beginning this pregnancy has been different. For starters-- I got a positive test at 10 DPO! It took until 13 DPO with my others to get a +... I had a lot of symptoms in my 2WW as well (headaches, EWCM, cramps, etc) and nausea started in the mornings at about 3 weeks 2 days. In my first two pregnancies, I didn't get any sickness until 6-7 weeks (and it hit hard with horrible nausea and fatigue), but started with food aversions and less appetite around 5 weeks.... Well here I am at 5 weeks 5 days, and still having very mild morning nausea (almost no nausea at all this morning), but still have plenty of energy (until the evenings) and not too many food issues etc.

Part of me is worried that maybe this pregnancy won't "stick".. the other part is curious... Maybe a girl this time? (I have 2 boys) or maybe with subsequent pregnancies things can just be a little different?

Any insights would be great! :)

Catie belly.gif- Happy wife to Aaron stillheart.gif(01.05), mama to Liambikenew.gif(08.08), and Ian jammin.gif (11.10)! homebirth.jpgnocirc.giffamilybed1.gif and joy.gif due Feb 2013 with blessing #3!

#2 of 3 Old 06-11-2012, 03:57 PM

In my experience (now on 4th pregnancy), our bodies get 'trained' to be pregnant. By #3, as soon as I realized I was a day late, I had sore boobs, and within a few weeks I was showing a bit & felt fully pregnant. Could be a gender thing, like you mentioned, but my personal opinion, based on my & others' experiences, is our bodies just remember, and go with it sooner :) Congratulations!

Jen - Partner to Joe, Craig, & Jordan grouphug.gif, mama to DS1 (7/13/99), DS2 (10/27/01), and DS3 (6/13/06), and DS4 born 12/13/12! Attachment Parent, co-sleeper, baby-wearer, Sudbury School founder & educator, PhD Candidate doing birth research, cloth diaper lover, GF (again), etc!novaxnocirc.gif

#3 of 3 Old 06-12-2012, 08:03 AM

To me, it sounds good. :) I recently was pregnant and had a loss at 6 weeks, and I had very weird/different symptoms that were symptoms but I didn't feel super pregnant... it was different but not in an "Oh I'm pregnant!" feeling kind of way but "Oh, stuff is going on for sure... hmmm..." kind of way. Basically my digestive system came to a crashing halt, which I guess was the progesterone part of things, but the "yucky" pregnancy feelings never really emerged, probably b/c my HCG levels never went high enough since the pregnancy was not going to make it. If I am pregnant again, I will embrace anything that happens earlier and feels like more normal pregnancy stuff. It sounds like for you, that you have had a bit more than you did with your previous pregnancies even though it has backed off a bit (to put a positive spin on it). If you are very concerned, you could get your HCG levels checked (I probably would next time around) to see if they are doubling, I suspect that mine weren't this most recent time, they were only 75 at 6 weeks when I had my loss... Or you can just wait and see and then once the sickness kicks in you might regret not enjoying this time more! :)

I remember a good friend of mine looking very pregnant and wearing maternity at 7 weeks... it definitely seems to happen more quickly the third and subsequent times!

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page