Have you ever been pregnant and NOT had any early symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 06-13-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Have you ever been pregnant without any obvious symptoms?  When I was pregnant with DD, I had sore boobs, but I sometimes get those with AF anyway.  The only reason I tested was because AF was a few days late.  Then the very same day I got BFP, I got my first bought of nausea and aversions.  I still didn't have many symptoms other than being tired for maybe 2-3 more weeks, and I had spotting on and off up through 8 weeks.

I'm curious about your experiences, because I am on CD 31, probably about 13 DPO (I don't know for sure), and my normal PMS symptoms are NOT here.  Even DH said (after I told him a few days ago my period was starting because I had cramps that day), "You're not as bitchy as you usually are on your period."  I was like, "Um... thanks?"  I didn't know whether it was a compliment or an insult.  :P   So I had cramps on maybe CD 10, and no cramps or PMS-y type symptoms since.  I had the teeny-tiniest bit of pink/brown cm on CD 29, a little bit of pink/brown spotting on CD 30, and then practically nothing today (slight, faint spotting early this morning, but less than yesterday).  Now when I wipe there is nothing.  I normally spot for 2-3 days before AF, but usually the last day of spotting I'm having a lot of dark brown and red spotting.

I just know that it's not my luck, and AF will probably show after midnight or so tonight.  I'm holding on to an ever-so-slight hope, though, because we have been TTC #2 for well over a year, and I just feel so desperate. I especially feel sad because DH's brother and his wife are going to have a baby later this year, and DH's cousin and his wife are having their second child in 2 years later this year.  

Anyway... have you had a pregnancy where you had no symptoms before your BFP, and did you have any spotting with it?  

-
#2 of 11 Old 06-13-2012, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)

I didn't have any symptoms that early other than some mild cramping (as one might expect with a period).  But my period didn't come.  I tested the day my period was due and it was positive.  It was only later in the next week or so that I started noticing sore breasts and fatigue along with mild cramping.  No spotting though.  I didn't get any "traditional" pregnancy symptoms like nausea or food aversions until later, like 7 or 8 weeks.

Good luck!  I hope this month is the magic month for you!

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#3 of 11 Old 06-14-2012, 05:47 PM

I had no symptoms when I was pg with DD. I used to joke the I could've been on "I Didn't Know I was Pregnant" for the first 20 weeks. I was just tired - that was it. No spotting. Nada. 

Good luck!!

Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light. ~Dylan Thomas

<3 LBM <3 AHM <3

#4 of 11 Old 06-15-2012, 11:37 AM

Hi! I am new to the forums, I have been following this site for a while now, and was wondering if I could receive some sisterly advice: I had unprotected sex several times about a week ago, and have been noticing some "happenings" that are possibly indicative of pregnancy. Now I know its a little early to say, but I (loosely) follow my cycles and the physical signs that accompany my cycles.  Now a day before I had unprotected sex, I did notice that I had cervical mucus that was stretchy, which if I remember correctly is indicative of being in the fertile phase of pregnancy.

Some of my sypmtoms included:

-off and on tender breasts - one day they were really sore, next day the stopped, and now they are sore again (that never happens during my cycles the girls, are either sore or not, they never vascilate in between lol)

-I feel some kind of discharge constantly, it was pinkish and it has moved to a more brownish color.

-very moody (My temper is unsually hot!)

-very tired

No I would super, ubber, unbelievable excited if I were pregnant, and I think I am because my period is due next week around the 25th, and since I had unprotected sex smack dab in the middle of my cycle, during a fertile period, that leads me to believe that it is possible!  But the waiting is really harsh, I wish that I could just know right now so I can start making plans, but such is life lol.

What do you think ladies?

Sincerely

Emily

#5 of 11 Old 06-15-2012, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

It seems early to have too many symptoms, but some women have spotting around the time of implantation which happens about a week after conception.  You'll just have to wait and see!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#6 of 11 Old 06-16-2012, 09:37 AM

I guess :( I hate waiting! I would be so happy if I were...

#7 of 11 Old 06-16-2012, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
With my 4th child I was actually 8+ weeks along when I found out. I thought I had just gotten pregnant until another month went by and it realized something was off, went in for a u/s and um, I was 12 weeks pg. I has always known very early with my other kids from symptoms. Now here is where it gets tricky, I had spotting to the point where at 4 weeks it felt very much like a real AF and then again at 8 weeks right after I got a +, I thought I had a m/c then because the bleeding was so much. Nope! And my dates were correct by the u/s because he came at 38 weeks just like 2 of my other babies had and was a good sized baby so there was no way he was younger then that.

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#8 of 11 Old 06-17-2012, 10:22 AM

I was not aware until AF was late and I tested.  I was having cramping so thought AF was probably still on its way but the test showed BFP right away.  There were a couple small things but I didn't think they mattered.  No symptom(s) that told me for sure I was pregnant at least.  I have spotted (brown and red) several times during pregnancy, but I forget now the exact weeks/times.  

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#9 of 11 Old 06-18-2012, 06:52 AM

well, Im a lil sad because my period came today :( no baby for me. I am like super disappointed but whatever, it will happen eventually I just hate getting excited and then being let down :(   I hate that I am at work right now I wish I could curl up in a lil ball and just cry my eyes out!

#10 of 11 Old 06-20-2012, 01:18 PM - Thread Starter

I got my period too.  I swear every.single.month. I think I might be pregnant, and I never am.  I need to stop being so optimistic.  LOL.

-
#11 of 11 Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 AM

lol I'm the same way, I spent all year worrying about whether or not I was pregnant, and then this time, even tho I started, my brains wants to like force a baby in there lol!  I am taking a test tho, because I am still noticing weird things going on with me, like, I'm a smoker, been trying to quit for like over a year, and now all of the sudden, I don't even crave cigarrettes anymore, like its so bizarre, they even taste different now, but I don't know, I don't wanna keep trying to mentally impregnante myself because I am having a few odd symptoms, but thats something that I can really explain as something else, because I've been at the same level of stress, but I wanna smoke less? I better take a test and put my fears to rest.  Wow, Just realized I was rhyming lol

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page