Infertility ONE Thread GRADUATES!!! - Summer 2012 - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 184 Old 10-20-2012, 03:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

And congratulations to you too Wissa!

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#122 of 184 Old 10-21-2012, 02:35 AM

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Congrats on your big girl, wissa! Excited to hear more when you have the time!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36**40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#123 of 184 Old 10-21-2012, 05:15 AM

Hooray!! Congrats Wissa and Gozal! Can't wait to hear more details!

Me (30) and DH (33). I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.  
Finally got our BFP  4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.
#124 of 184 Old 10-21-2012, 11:28 PM

Woohoo wissa and gozal! Can't wait to hear more!

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#125 of 184 Old 10-22-2012, 05:10 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Congrats Wissa and Gozal!!!  I can't wait to hear more!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

www.3hearts2hold1love-emms.blogspot.com

#126 of 184 Old 10-24-2012, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Hey guys...recovering from a nasty round of mastitis over here...be back soon! Thinking of you all! Wissa, so happy to hear of baby girl's safe arrival - sending out lots of love and congratulations to you, DH, and big brother DS!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#127 of 184 Old 10-24-2012, 07:26 PM

So the Braxton Hicks I thought I was having that just got worse are actually real ones, and it's still early labor but I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced now. Not much, but better than being totally closed up tight! Full term this Saturday and tbh he can just get right on out anytime after that.

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!

#128 of 184 Old 10-26-2012, 12:41 PM

Wow kparker, I can't believe it's just about time!!!!!  Yeah for another baby coming soon!!!

Me: 34, DH: 36, DD born 7/25/10 After 4 years of trying and failed IVF treatments (missing my angels).  IVF/ICSI worked this time! DS born 1/8/13!

#129 of 184 Old 11-04-2012, 04:59 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Updates anyone?? 

I feel like there should be all sorts of activity here! What's everyone up to?

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#130 of 184 Old 11-04-2012, 07:28 PM

I've found out 4 different friends/relatives were pregnant in the last week. (3 in less than 48 hours!) Why do I still feel a little sad and jealous every time I hear such an announcement?!?

Cait - Hah! Wait till you have your baby (and you will, darn it!), and you'll find out how impossible it is to find time with hands free to type. I should be sleeping right now! But yeah, I'd love to hear more from people, too, as I often read along while nursing.

AFM, we are doing okay. I find myself participating more in my DDC now than before he was born, so you can stalk for updates there if you have too much time on your hands. But some highlights: Baby Bird sleeps 4-8 hours at a stretch at night, with 5-7 being the norm. He is growing, growing, growing. At his 2 month visit, he was 13 lb 7 oz (though he peed on the scale, so I guess he was a little lighter!) and 25.5" long. That puts him in the 99th percentile for height, and something like the 87th percentile for weight. His head was 15.5", which is only about 50th percentile. So at least he isn't big headed yet. ;)

A few weeks ago, he was diagnosed with a posterior tongue tie by the LC, and she suspected I was reacting to lanolin and disposable nursing pads. Quitting the lanolin and the disposable pads (which, ironically, I only started using after trying them out at a bra fitting at the LC's shop!) made a HUGE difference in my nipple discomfort. As in, most of the time it is zero. We just saw a speech pathologist about the tongue tie this past week, and she also discovered and upper lip tie. She is recommending they both be clipped, and we're seeing an ENT about it on Friday. Both the speech pathologist and the LC were pretty surprised that DS doesn't seem to struggle with nursing, and both said it was probably just him coasting along on my good supply. I am thanking God for blessing me with a good supply - at least my body can do something right! I don't think I could have made it through the crazy pumping and feeding routines some of the moms in my DDC have had to go through. Besides which, DS's tongue/lip tie have thus far made it impossible for him to take a bottle or pacifier. I did make me feel a little better to know that there was a physiological basis for these problems, though.

I am continuing to have the feeling that God wants me to have empathy for people who make different parenting decisions than I do. Like the bottle thing - I planned to never give my son a bottle, didn't think it was necessary since I SAH, etc. But now he *can't* take a bottle, and I'm going a little crazy never being able to leave him for more than a couple of hours at a time. And now giving a bottle makes so much more sense. (We have also tried cup and spoon feeding with him, with pretty much no success - again, probably swallowing issues due to his ties.)

Things have continued to be insanely crazy and stressful with dh's work, and my moods have been all over the map. We're in a pretty good stretch right now, but dh is leaving (AGAIN) tomorrow to travel, and that is a bummer.

Anyway, Baby Bird is now awake AGAIN, so I need to go. Here's a picture of Baby Bird on his first plane ride about a month ago - sorry I don't have a more recent pic handy!

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
#131 of 184 Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 AM

Monkey, thanks so much for sharing your update!! Baby Bird is seriously adorable. :) And flying already! You'll have to share more about your experience with that, since we will likely be flying 8 hours overseas when the Wee Baby Jones is 6-8 weeks old. I've heard that nursing during takeoff/landing helps a lot. So glad to hear that breastfeeding is going well even with the tongue tie issues. It's funny -- tongue tie is something I'd never heard of until I started learning more about breastfeeding. I wonder how common it is? It's amazing the things that are never talked about until you're pregnant/have children. 

Wissa and Gozal (and Kparker!), hope to hear updates from you guys soon! Even if it's a cross-post from your DDC, I'd love to read about your births and how the first few weeks again. It's funny how getting closer to my EDD (I'm 33 weeks tomorrow) has me researching more and more about the recovery/postpartum.

AFM, things are going fairly well. Applied for Medicaid and WIC this morning (since I'm no longer working). It was loooong but not too difficult. I'm so excited that Medicaid is going to cover the cost of our home birth here (and that we get to have a home birth, since we're renting a place for December/January). I've been feeling pretty good, but definitely getting bigger. My midwife (who just gave birth two weeks ago) has a big bag of maternity clothing for me at my appointment tomorrow, so I'm pretty stoked about that. 

The most complicated thing right now is figuring out the logistics of getting the baby an expedited birth certificate, so we can apply for an expedited Passport, so we can apply for his UK Visa. Oy vey. It's very complicated, and although we don't plan to leave until he's about 8 weeks old or so, I know I'm much better able to organize things now and get everything ready than I will be after he's here. 

Cait, my heart jumped up into my chest when I saw your name in the thread! Sorry to see it was a check in and not a post announcing you were joining (although I know you will be soon, very soon!). praying.gif I've been thinking of all the Infertility One thread members lately--I can't believe I'm the last one to join this Graduates thread and I'm coming up due soon. Here's to hoping for some major holiday BFPs! 

Me (30) and DH (33). I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.  
Finally got our BFP  4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.
#132 of 184 Old 11-05-2012, 12:54 PM

It's Guy Fawkes Day, and my little Guy is in no way indicating he will be making an appearance before midnight, thus ruining his chance at a hilariously awesome birthday to match his name. I am disappointed!

Also I am eager to just be done being pregnant so I can return to normal activity. Not being able to walk the dog, feed the pets, bend over, lift, walk properly, sleep for more than 30 min, etc is all really getting to me. I've been having prodromal labor for the last 2 weeks and it's always overnight, and I am going insane. I can't catch good sleep during the day because of the neighbours' loud dogs barking and the husband being noisy working from home, and at night I can't sleep because contractions. I feel like stabbing someone in the face but that's just not very nice. :(

Baby Bird is so adorable! You know, a friend of mine has a 3 month old, and he was severely tongue-tied. He was not thriving, was soooo skinny, she couldn't seem to feed him enough or get him to latch, everyone was freaking out, and finally an ENT said hey, he's tied. Let's clip it. Bam, kid can latch better, eats a TON more, and finally looks like a healthy little dude. It did affect their breastfeeding relationship but they should hopefully get that back on track soon.  So if Baby Bird needs it, then hey it could really make a difference! Though he doesn't sound nearly as bad off as my friend's poor boy was.

#133 of 184 Old 11-06-2012, 01:49 AM

Oye, I'm so behind! it has been crazy what with work and the storm. But I wanted to say a belated congrats to Wissa and Gozal!! Just thinking of you all. 

And Monkey, AWWWW! Baby bird is soooo cute!

Kparker, it'll be over soon. Can't wait to see the photos! BIG HUGS! You little guy will soon be in your arms!

Chica, i can't believe you're at 32 weeks already. Time just flies!!! But I'm glad the pregnancy is going well and that you're feeling good. :o)

Everyone else, hi!

Attempted induction at 38 weeks; ended up with a c-section.

In love with my baby boy Colin and baby girl Sienna!

love.gif

#134 of 184 Old 11-06-2012, 02:54 AM

More later, but wanted to point out Gem was sure two days ago...wondering if she's had her baby yet!

#135 of 184 Old 11-06-2012, 07:57 AM - Thread Starter

Just got our power back after a week without (and no internet access)...be back soon!!

Me + DH + DS ('07) + after a long and bumpy road, thrilled that our twin boys are finally here (DS2 & DS3, '12)

#136 of 184 Old 11-07-2012, 07:44 AM

I thought I was going to update....

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#137 of 184 Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 AM

wissa - Baby have other plans? I know how that goes - still looking forward to when you can update!

gozal - Booo for no power - glad you are okay. Still looking forward to when you can update, too.

renavoo - Glad you're okay, too. I can't imagine being stuck on the 17th floor with babies! Hopefully you at least got some time off work?

kparker - I so don't miss those sleepless nights! You are getting so close - soon you'll have a different kind of sleepless nights. :) But being able to roll over, bend over, walk normally - it is glorious. You'll be there soon! Luckily Baby Bird seems able to eat just fine despite his tongue tie. We're getting clipped more to prevent any future problems (with eating, speech, and tooth alignment) than for current issues. Though I do hope he'll be able to take a bottle after this.

chica - So you're definitely going to be in the States till after the baby comes? Sorry things seem to be dragging, but at least you have a plan. As far as flying - Baby Bird did awesome. I did nurse him during takeoff, and he seemed to have no problem with it. He was asleep for both landings, and also seemed to have no problem with that, either. The speech pathologist told us that a lot of people never discover they have tongue tie until they are older, if it doesn't cause significant problems. Sometimes things actually stretch out over time, apparently. Good luck with all your logistics.

AFM, not a lot new to say. I've now survived two days on my own with the baby with dh traveling. (I've always gone to my parents' before.) Long story, but I ended up taking Baby Bird to the pediatrician Monday, and he's now about 15 lbs!! Can't believe he's still gaining so much so fast. Here's a picture him on Halloween, and the pumpkin his daddy drew for him, in homage of his love of his hands.

#138 of 184 Old 11-07-2012, 01:16 PM

Monkey- he is so darn cute. I was tongue tied & snipped at 5 and again at 22 (was still lisping at night or when over tired). So my opinion is you're doing the right thing taking care of it early. So much easier to prevent a problem than fix one. Good luck!

Gozal- glad your power is back! Looking forard to an update on your little guys!

Wissa- interrupted from your update I presume. Hope your little girl is doing great.

Kparker- hope he makes an appearance soon!

Chica- I'm hoping soon but in the land of Infertility, soon could be 3 more months or more! You are getting close too! Do they have an estimate yet on when you may be moving?

C + B + 10y together, 5y married, 4y TTC= endometriosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, recurrent miscarriages
IVF 1/6/13 angel.gif @10w , FET 5/21/13 angel3.gif @7w, IVF 10/11/13 angel.gif @5w, FET 2/2/14 angel.gif @5w
Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.
#139 of 184 Old 11-07-2012, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Just kidding, lost power again, fun times. Our internet keeps going in and out...but I wanted to let you know while I had the chance! I can't wait to actually update. :) Pssst Monkey, my 5yo was exactly the same wrt tongue tie, able to transfer milk well but injuring me, total refusal of paci & bottle. Lots to tell you...

Thinking of you all, I miss you! 

#140 of 184 Old 11-08-2012, 10:08 AM

I'm dying for some updates!!! (Wissa/Gozal/Gem?!  Kparker?!)

Monkey - he is so stinking adorable!!  Sorry about the tongue tie, but glad you're getting it taken care of!!

#141 of 184 Old 11-08-2012, 09:32 PM

Nothing new here, just misery and hugely pregnantness and lame overnight ctx that drive me insane waaahhh

#142 of 184 Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 PM

Hope - I do know for a fact that Gemmine had her baby girl! One the 1st or 2nd I believe...

Monkey - My DS was tongue tied and my pediatrician refused to cut it (so did my midwife) because he wanted to see if it would resolve it self. He did not have trouble latching though and had such a strong suck that it stretched itself out. He is 3 now and speaks very clearly. I'm glad it was an easy fix for you! DS was also lip tied. It wasn't enough to create a gap between his front teeth and he busted it himself when he was about 2.

Kparker - Hang in there!

Chica - You too!

Just lurking like tfairy in hopes that one day I'll be here.

Married to my love stillheart.gif, Mommy to W ('09) homebirth.jpg and Doula.

brokenheart.gifbrokenheart.gif God has answered our prayers & we welcomed our baby girl earth side 11/24/13 h20homebirth.gif

#143 of 184 Old 11-12-2012, 02:45 PM

I should be doing something else, but I'm going to try and take a few minutes to update just a little.

Gozal - So sorry you've been without power (and internet on/off).  That sounds like a very big challenge with newborn twins and a five year old!!  Can't wait to hear more from you when things settle a bit.

Monkey - Baby bird is just too cute!  Glad to hear the tongue tie thing can be fixed and was found early!!  I totally understand what you mean about wanting baby to take a bottle!  (Honestly, I found bottle feeding so much easier than breastfeeding)  My little sweet pie will not take formula from a bottle, but will take breast milk...which is nice if I ever had the time to pump (i.e. if she wasn't attached 24/7).  I would love to be able to give a her bottle when I'm out with DS...breastfeeding in public with him is just possible.  

AFM - It's been 4 weeks since I had my little girl.  As far as birth stories go mine is pretty routine, which is nice after all the fun I had with DS.  We went ahead with the scheduled c-section at 40weeks2days.  I was 2cm, 80% and 0 station for 2 weeks (by comparision I was at 3cm @ 38 weeks with DS)!  It looks like I never went into labor because she was so big and lodged into one of my hips!  That last week contractions would cause sharp shooting pains down that leg and the side of her face looked a little squished.  So at 9lbs 6oz. I'm fairly glad we didn't VBAC. 

One thing is that after infertility I can say I have one good gene...I carried a 9 lb. baby and didn't have any stretch marks!!  Yeah, I know hate me. 

This c-section was much better than my last. I was able to get to my room quickly this time!  It was such a relief and recovery has been going very well.

DS loves her...I mean loves her and wants to know when we are having more babies.  (We're Not!)

Breastfeeding is going well.  However, I have to admit I really don't enjoy it and I'm constantly saying I'm going to transition her over to a bottle.  She doesn't like formula so my plans are....  

More later...and I know I need to edit. ;)

#144 of 184 Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM

wissa - Yay for at least a partial update... totally know how that goes! Glad your little girl came out all right and is thriving. How cute about your DS! So far no progress on the bottle front for Baby Bird, though I admit I haven't tried much. I asked the speech pathologist what would have happened if we had tried bottlefeeding him from the beginning, wondering if he would have adapted to that as he apparently has to breastfeeding. She said, and I quote, "He would have had a really hard time. Really hard." So I am very grateful that I went into pregnancy planning to breastfeed. I hate to think of my little Baby Bird not being the chubby, healthy, HUGE little one he is now.

AFM... seriously... SIX pregnancy announcements in under a week. SIX. Why do these still get to me?!? Also, we had the tongue and lip tie revisions done... but the speech pathologist isn't sure they clipped his tongue tie enough. I'm going to cry if he has to have that done to him again. It was over fast, but it was absolute torture to watch what they did to my poor little baby, and to hear him scream. 5 minutes later, he was smiling again, but I was traumatized! He does seem to be doing better with the mouth exercises, and he's doing better with the pacifier. Not sucking on it, exactly (in fact, he seems to have taken to sucking on his own tongue since the revision), but keeping it in his mouth a little better. Plus, he is making serious strides in hand coordination, so he can help hold it in his own mouth just a tiny bit. I'll have to see if I can upload a video of him playing with his toy that we've dangled from the light fixture. He loves it!! We're also starting to suspect he is left handed. Only time will tell! He will be three months on Sunday. Not sure where all the time is going!

#145 of 184 Old 11-14-2012, 10:14 PM

Trying to make this quick while Daddy has a sleeping baby -

Due date was the 17th, this coming Saturday. Went into labor last night around 6pmish. Contractions were instantly 1-3 minutes apart, lasting 45 sec to 5 minutes! Called the midwives, called the doula. Doula arrived and was only with us at home for maybe half an hour before we decided we needed to go tot he birth center.

Car ride was horrible! Got to birth center around 8-9pm? I was only 3cm. Had to be at a 4 to stay. They prepped the birthing room, took 30 min, and by the time they were done with that I was 5cm. Wanted to labor sitting, like on a toilet or birthing stool. Felt the best. Sadly, it was NOT the best for Guy, and his heartrate dropped dangerously low in those upright squatty positions (like, lower than mine, low). I had to labor in really uncomfortable for me ways (head down, all fours with butt in air, for one) but baby loved it.

In the end I only labored for 7-8 hrs total. We had to accelerate pushing, with a lot of pulling and stretching from midwives, after water broke. Was at a 9cmish when it broke, and he'd already pooped in there. Heartrate started being bad again, and I was running out of fuel because I kept vomiting everything that came near me. :(

I went down to 7cm after water broke, they had me labor a bit longer before the massive pushfest. Apparently I got so red my husband was terrified. I also have broken capillaries all over my face and chest :( In the end, got him out, 1:16am. He was 8lbs 9oz, 21 inches long. All natural. Not so sure I'd recommend that after the fact ;P

Nursing is HARD but otherwise we're all good.

#146 of 184 Old 11-15-2012, 03:27 AM

Congrats!! Sorry labor was so tough and crazy. Glad you both made it through, and very impressed you posted so quickly. Hope you can get some good rest!

#147 of 184 Old 11-15-2012, 05:28 AM

Sila - thanks for letting us know about Gem!!

wissa - I can't believe it's been a month already!  Glad everything went smooth and that you're happy with your decision to do a C versus trying for a VBAC.

monkey - I'm sorry.  They never stopped getting to me either after my first.  I keep wondering if it'll be better this time around since we never wanted more than 2, but I don't know.  It may be the issue of just having dealt with IF, you know?  Poor kiddo, I hope it doesn't have to be done again!!!  My DD has sucked on her tongue since birth, and at just over 2 she still does it.  It's SO cute and I can't quite figure out how she does it LOL.  She does it most when she's tired.

kparker - congrats!!  I'm sorry labor was tough, but glad you made it through it and out the other side with a healthy, adorable baby boy!!!

#148 of 184 Old 11-16-2012, 09:26 AM

kparker - Congratulations on an adorable little boy.  So glad that you were able to get him out even it was a little crazy.  I'm sure the low HR was scary!  BF is hard!!  It's a full-time job and it will take you a while to figure out you little one and what you are doing...   :)  Yeah, for more healthy babies!

#149 of 184 Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 PM

Congrats Kparker! He is so cute!

#150 of 184 Old 11-19-2012, 01:55 PM

Gozal - How are you doing?  I can imagine how busy you are with 2!

Rena - I saw the pics of your 2 most adorable babies on the other thread.  They are beautiful.

Hope - Thinking about you...stalking your posts over in the IVF thread

Monkey & Chica - I can't imagine flying with a baby.  What brave women you two are!!  

AFM - I did baby girl to take a bottle of formula.  I found one she likes.  Apparently, Enfamil is notorious for bf babies to not like.  Do any of you know when they start to feed to for less time at each feeding?  DS was and DD is a very long nurser.  At 40 to 60 minutes a feed that basically all I do.  It makes it difficult to get ready or go anywhere.  Plus, when I'm out in public I can't nurse for 60 minutes with DS (4 yr old that thinks he's a super hero!).   So, I'm thinking that what I would like to do is on occasion is nurse for 20 minutes then give her bottle when I'm short on time...Anyone know if that would work without affecting my milk supply?    I've done it a couple times and it seems to work.  So, far she hasn't shown any preference for the bottle after wards.  

I would also like to know how much she weighs, but we've moved up to 3 month clothes so I know she is growing.  :)

She is also sensitive to foods that I eat and the irony is that I now basically can only eat the foods the I stopped eating when trying to get pregnant.  I'm not sure how long I can live with this bland diet.  It's fall and I want a bowl of Chili!!  

And a picture of baby girl...

Tags
Embrace A Pregnancy Journal , Ina Mays Guide To Childbirth , Sacred Pregnancy A Loving Guide And Journal For Expectant Moms , Natural Childbirth The Bradley Way Revised Edition , Great Expectations Your All In One Resource For Pregnancy Childbirth

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page