SPD with pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-25-2012, 02:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have SPD with their pregnancies? I've had it with all 3 of mine. It was by far the worst it's ever been with this last pregnancy starting at 15 weeks pregnant. We want to have another eventually and I'm terrified of getting it again! It's crippling! Anything I can do to lessen the chances?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

#2 of 7 Old 06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)

I have had it in both pregnancies.  This time it is much less awful than the first time.  I am chalking it up to doing prenatal yoga very consistently the whole time.  It always feels better after yoga.  You might also look into chiropractic care, which helps a ton.  It hurts though, I know how awful it is to not even feel like you can walk.

winner.jpg Adina knit.gifmama to B hearts.gif 4/06  and E baby.gif  8/13/12 (on her due date!) homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 7 Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

I had chiropractic care for my last pregnancy..every 3 days..it definitely helped so I may just have to go that route again...also look In to yoga smile.gif thanks for the tip! I wish there was a way to prevent it...I'd do almost anything..

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

#4 of 7 Old 06-26-2012, 09:46 AM

i read something awhile back about how eating eggs everyday can help, so i started eating them daily and in a few weeks my spd just disappeared overnight-one night i went to bed in pain and the next morning there was nothing! i had it bad with the pregnancy before that one. it was supposedly some mineral in the eggs that helped. i haven't been able to find that article again or i would post it.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#5 of 7 Old 06-26-2012, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Mine started during my 4th pregnancy and got worse with each one until this time. It is bad but nothing like last one when I could barely walk. No $ for chiro or I would go, but I discovered I am gluten intolerant before this pregnancy and I think the diet has helped with it and my morning sickness as well.

#6 of 7 Old 06-26-2012, 10:00 AM

of course now i am finding stuff about it! i couldn't before! here is a link http://birthfaith.org/do-it-yourself/got-lecithin it's lecithin that helps, so if you can't eat eggs, find lecithin. it has worked for other women! but it wasn't right away for me.

drowning in hormones with 4 daughters and an understanding, loving hubby. also some dogs. my life is crazy and we are always learning.

#7 of 7 Old 06-26-2012, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Great article! Thank you!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page