Summer 2012 Love for the Preggo Bajingos: Having #1 in our 30s - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 356 Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations Caly and Cara!!! Beautiful picture and I can't wait to read the birth story, whenever you get around to having the time to write and post it. Enjoy your babymoon!!!

Easy labour vibes still heading your way Ca Country Girl!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#62 of 356 Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

CONGRATS, CALY!  Soooooo exciting.  Can't wait to hear the birth story. 

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#63 of 356 Old 07-02-2012, 08:24 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Thank you so much, everyone! No time to type up personals right now, but I'm thinking of all of you, especially Country Girl! Hang in there, mama! Hopefully I'll get a chance to write up my birth story soon. I had a vaginal delivery, with 90 minutes of pushing after a 24 hour labor. I labored without medication most of that time but got an epidural when the contractions became truly unbearable (about four hours after starting Pitocin).

I love you guys!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#64 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 08:43 AM

X-posted
Good morning. Our little Juniper Lee was born this morning at 1:01am. Full Moon baby. Birth was very fast and intense. Less than 4 hours in hospital after nearly a week of prodormal (pre-labor). Sometimes called "false", but what a crock that is. I had several nights when contractions kept me up all night. She was 7lbs10-nearly 2 lbs more than dd1. I got my intervJention free (except penicillin for GBS) birth- no pit, no pain meds. Midwife, nurses, doula, sis, and hubby were fantastic. Will post pics soon. Now, I am exhausted.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#65 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 08:48 AM

Loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Congrats, CA Country Girl and Miss Juniper!! joy.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#66 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post

X-posted
Good morning. Our little Juniper Lee was born this morning at 1:01am. Full Moon baby. Birth was very fast and intense. Less than 4 hours in hospital after nearly a week of prodormal (pre-labor). Sometimes called "false", but what a crock that is. I had several nights when contractions kept me up all night. She was 7lbs10-nearly 2 lbs more than dd1. I got my intervJention free (except penicillin for GBS) birth- no pit, no pain meds. Midwife, nurses, doula, sis, and hubby were fantastic. Will post pics soon. Now, I am exhausted.

Congrats!!! Sounds like a great birth for Juniper!

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#67 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 10:28 AM

congrats to both of you!

caly, what a lovely picture, thank you for sharing it with us.  raven wants to type a message too, so I'm hurrying to get this sent, but it seems like it went well.  I'm proud of you!

On a farm with our kiddo (nearly 2), two dogs, two cats, ten goats, two donkeys, nine sheep, a bunch of chickens, and a husband (in the winters). We have another on the way!
#68 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 11:18 AM

Congratulations CaCountry and welcome Juniper!!!

August moms, that means we're next.... Right?

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#69 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 11:41 AM

Congratulations, CALY and COUNTRY GIRL!!!!!!!!!joy.gifjoy.gifjoy.gif

Welcome, little Cara Laurel and Juniper Lee!  I just LOVE your botanical names!  (We are also planning a botanical name...)

I am so happy for you both, and that after all that waiting, they are here!

Caly, great pic!  She looks more than content!

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#70 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 11:46 AM

Also,

Boots, so sorry about your Grandma.  I lost my Granny in February.  And your poor mommy, what a lot to deal with! 

I keep thinking, what if the power goes out?  Chicago is having a pretty intense heat wave.

Welcome, Scowgirl.  You're almost there!

Hey guys, quick technical question re vaccines:

Tdap/Whooping cough.  My midwives really recommend it, said they've seen two babies recently be hospitalized, it's scary, etc.  I have a serious lack of trust in

vaccine safety and pharmaceutical stuff.  But I don't want to be unwise.

I did a little research and see that maybe I could get vaccinated before I leave the hospital.  They also recommend close  people get vaccinated.

What have you guys done, and what do you think? 

Hope you're all staying cool! 

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#71 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 11:56 AM

Catheleni, the pediatrician we interviewed recommended that we get the vaccine, too. He actually said I should consider getting it while pregnant, but I think I'll just do it in the hospital. I want dh to get it too and will ask my parents to get it if they are comfortable with it (now that they are driving down instead of flying for the after birth, I am not as concerned as I was).

Didn't want to put this semi-downer in my congratulations post above... (wrote this in my ddc):

AFM, just had a bombshell dropped on my today (34w) by my ob...she's not going to deliver any more of her patients and is stopping the ob practice.  I.e. not continuing even with her currently pregnant patients. I had a weird feeling for the past month or so that something was going on, since she said she was switching hospitals and I would deliver at a new one (not the one where I took my birth classes or is her stated affiliation), but I went along with it. I had kind of wanted to switch early on at 11 weeks when she didn't recommend the NT scan because of my ama, but I stood by her because she had been there to help me regulate my hormones and get pregnant and was supportive of my natural birth preferences. Hindsight...I should have switched then. Anyway, she has set me up with an ob that delivers at the hospital where we had our classes and hospital tour (where I know a lot of people who have given birth and had good experiences) and where she had been affiliated for 7 years. I will be seeing the new doc next week and I really hope that I have a good feeling about her. The secretary at my (now former) ob office likes this ob, and I trust her opinion (I could have also gone with another doc at the other hospital). Please cross your fingers for me! They said that if I was unhappy they would continue to help me find a good fit, but I think time is of the essence.

In some ways, provided I like this doc, this is good because it means I'll be in the hospital I wanted, where I know they support natural birth, breastfeeding, have in-room baths, allow for ample skin-to-skin,etc. and is more convenient for us. But it is still a shock.

In better news, we got our packages from my family/friend home shower and now have more baby clothes and gift cards to help us make our final preparations and purchases.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#72 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
CA Country Girl, congrats!!! It sounds like a intense but wonderful birth. Can't wait for pics! joy.gif

cathelini, my whole family had whooping cough when I was about 9, and I have bad memories of my dad having trouble breathing. My parents were told by the docs that people didn't get whooping cough anymore, but my mom made them vaccinate my sister and me anyway and we didn't get as sick. I'm not trying to scare, just I guess share that people do get it. I personally would vaccinate, but I tend to lean that way anyway (ducks behind screen).

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#73 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 12:02 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
andaluza, sorry we x-posted! What a shock, and how frustrating! One can only imagine the drama your former OB must have been going through. ugh, that you got caught up in it and are now left scrambling this late in the game. Our original choice of pediatrician left our OB's office when we were about 35 weeks pregnant, and we were scrambling to interview, too. I'm glad they're helping you find someone you trust, and that you get to give birth in the place you originally wanted to. hug2.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#74 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 12:11 PM

Congrats to CA Country Girl and Caly (again!)!!!  Can't wait to see more pics and hear more details of the births.  Soooooo exciting.

And Andaluza, you're right, I think we're next!  I can't remember Boots's exact due date, but we're all clustered around the same time.  Freaking out!

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#75 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 12:15 PM

#76 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 12:19 PM

Thank you for weighing in, andaluza and tear.  It's so hard to weigh all the options when it matters so much.

Andaluza, that really sucks that you are so far along and now just getting this news.  Not the way anyone would really want to find out, at 34 weeks.  However, it looks like you have options and some support, and it could always be worse!  What if you were 38 weeks? Eek!  It's really messed up anyway, though.  What was she thinking?  Geez. Hoping that the switch works out well!

#77 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catheleni 

Hey guys, quick technical question re vaccines:

Tdap/Whooping cough.  My midwives really recommend it, said they've seen two babies recently be hospitalized, it's scary, etc.  I have a serious lack of trust in

vaccine safety and pharmaceutical stuff.  But I don't want to be unwise.

I did a little research and see that maybe I could get vaccinated before I leave the hospital.  They also recommend close  people get vaccinated.

What have you guys done, and what do you think? 

Hope you're all staying cool! 

We didn't get it. It was not recommended by my doctors during pregnancy or after. That being said, I'm a sahm and DH doesn't work in an occupation that is likely to pick it up. We rarely have people at the house and are not in a state with a high incidence. My nephew had a bad reaction to the pertussis initial vax, so doctors delayed the rest until he was a year (at which time he had no problem). Because of that we haven't gotten the dtap. If we lived in Washington or DS went to daycare we would probably rethink our position.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#78 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 12:28 PM

Congrats CA Country Girl!  Juniper is such a beautiful name!

Awesome vegan mom to wolverine babyf.gif11/11 and sabertooth 11/13 and partner to a drum.gifwe also have dog2.gif

#79 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 02:21 PM

Just wanted to pop my two cents in on the whooping cough vaccine:

The pertussis vaccine is a toxoid vaccine. What that means is that it does not prevent you from getting pertussis, it minimizes or completely suppresses your symptoms. So, it's great for the person who gets the vaccine. It does not in ANY WAY prevent the spread of pertussis. You still get pertussis, you still shed and infect other people, the only thing that changes is the vaccinated person does not have symptoms (or has a very mild case).

So, getting the vaccination for your child is, as with all vaccines, completely a personal choice - but the very common misconception propagated by the medical industry that getting this vaccine will protect the children around you is a big load of horse hooie smile.gif Feel free to do the research yourself - if you search online you can actually find a digital copy of the documentation included with the vaccine bottle. It says right on it that the vaccine does not prevent transmission from vaccinated adults to unvaccinated children. This is the documentation provided by the vaccine manufacturer.

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#80 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

Just wanted to pop my two cents in on the whooping cough vaccine:
The pertussis vaccine is a toxoid vaccine. What that means is that it does not prevent you from getting pertussis, it minimizes or completely suppresses your symptoms. So, it's great for the person who gets the vaccine. It does not in ANY WAY prevent the spread of pertussis. You still get pertussis, you still shed and infect other people, the only thing that changes is the vaccinated person does not have symptoms (or has a very mild case).
So, getting the vaccination for your child is, as with all vaccines, completely a personal choice - but the very common misconception propagated by the medical industry that getting this vaccine will protect the children around you is a big load of horse hooie smile.gif Feel free to do the research yourself - if you search online you can actually find a digital copy of the documentation included with the vaccine bottle. It says right on it that the vaccine does not prevent transmission from vaccinated adults to unvaccinated children. This is the documentation provided by the vaccine manufacturer.

Interesting! I wonder if this is why, in my case, the pediatrician recommended that I get vaccinated while pregnant. Would that make a difference?

#81 of 356 Old 07-03-2012, 03:09 PM

Congratulations on your daughter, CA Country Girl! It sounds like everything went so well! 

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

#82 of 356 Old 07-04-2012, 04:29 AM

Just a quick note to say congrats Country Girl! So glad you got the birth you wanted, and so happy she's finally here!

Cara is fussing, gotta go, more later.

#83 of 356 Old 07-04-2012, 11:53 AM

IMG_1786.jpgIMG_1793.jpg

Juniper Lee- above: with her blissed out big sis and below:  my hairy little baby, just over a day old.  We are both recovering well.  She let us both sleep 4 hours in a row last night.  We will be checking out later this afternoon.  Since I was GBS positive and only just barely got the antibiotics before I was pushing, they wanted to observe her for 36 hours.  My sister is staying with us to help out and I feel really strong.  Happy to be going home today.  Caly- so pleased we made it to this side.  Now we get to wait to share in the joy of the ladies to come in the next few months!

Take care all.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#84 of 356 Old 07-04-2012, 05:22 PM

CA Country Girl, she's beautiful!  And super alert for one day old!  Congrats again on a wonderful birth and a beautiful baby!

#85 of 356 Old 07-04-2012, 07:26 PM

Aww, gorgeous girls, CaCountry! Big sis must be so elated!

Thanks for the thoughts about the ob situation, ladies. It gave me insomnia last night and hoping that was all the suffering I'll have to go through. 

#86 of 356 Old 07-05-2012, 04:14 AM

Oh, those eyes! Congrats Country Girl, she's fabulous!

#87 of 356 Old 07-05-2012, 02:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Updated front page for the arrival of Miss Juniper! Check out our mamas list, it's looking a bit more pink lately!

CACountryGirl, my congrats and what beautiful dark-eyed girls you have. So sweet.

Scowgirl, how are you doing?

Uhm, will you guys go check out our August DDC Bellies thread and see a pic of our very own Lilytiger lifting weights at 35 weeks. Amazing!

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1338522/the-belly-thread

We have an U/S to check growth position etc on Tuesday. I am still trying to get all my maternity leave paperwork in order. I am kind of freaking out, things are seeming so close and I have a lot to do in the house and to prepare for maternity leave, but I'm feeling pretty withdrawn from it/lazy. Right now I'm trying to convince myself to walk to the kitchen to peel a hardboiled egg. Ha.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#88 of 356 Old 07-05-2012, 06:27 PM

CA Country Girl, your baby is absolutely beautiful.

boots--I am doing great, thanks for asking! Due date is less than a week away, yikes! I actually sort of hope I'll go over by a week or so, to give us a fighting chance at having the contractors out of our house. (We are having some work done to the nursery... how's that for last-minute? bouncy.gif I think we'll be glad we did it, though.)

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

#89 of 356 Old 07-05-2012, 10:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Scowgirl, good to hear! wow, what is being done to the nursery? I am going to post pics of ours one of these days. Also,I just read your signature, you guys have been married since 98 and this is your first?  I thought we waited a long time (been together since 01, married since 06, started trying in '10.) I don't know your specific situation if you struggled to conceive, but I think it's kind of neat that your baby is coming into such a strong marriage that has already lasted so long.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#90 of 356 Old 07-06-2012, 06:25 AM

We are having a new door, trim, wood flooring, and windows put in. (Actually the windows are going in the whole "old part" of the house, built 1870. I've been wanting new ones for a while, but then the contractor said the old ones weren't even caulked on the outside, which is probably why we get bugs coming in. So once I heard that and realized the bug problem might not be hopeless, I was quite motivated to replace them so our daughter's room is not INFESTED WITH BUGS, YUCK. We get tons of those ladybugs in the house in the late summer.) We like our floors in that part of the house--they are basically the original pine subfloor, but they look fine--however the cracks between the floorboards are wide and they're a little hard to keep clean. So we figured in a room where a baby is going to be crawling around, maybe something better would be in order. Finally, the door to that room was a weird tiny little thing, and cute though it was I'm not sure all of the baby furniture would have fit in through it, so they widened the opening and put in a standard door.

I'm pretty excited about the whole thing, but there is a lot left to do. The trim installation messed up some of our plaster and our fresh paint job, and the trim and door will need to be stained, there is a fine layer of sawdust all over the upstairs, etc. so I'm hoping we will have time to take care of that. I tend to forget these little details when I get excited about having work done to the house. smile.gif

And yes, we got married right out of college and to be honest, for most of my life I didn't want kids and/or felt totally overwhelmed by the prospect, though my husband always wanted to be a dad. When I got to a point where I finally felt ready, we were in our mid-30s and basically were extremely lucky to be able to conceive. Looking back, this was pretty risky, but OTOH I really would not have been a good parent when we first got married, so here we are.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page