Summer 2012 Love for the Preggo Bajingos: Having #1 in our 30s - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 356 Old 07-31-2012, 11:51 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

CA Country Girl, did they give you a reduced load or anything for the fall semester?  That stinks to have to go back so soon.  Also, thanks for chiming in on the cramping.  It's been really weird since last week I barely felt pregnant at all and this week I get hit with a load of heaviness, pelvic pain, back pain, and crazy cramping.  I guess that's what happens at 39 weeks.  Exciting but frustrating.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#182 of 356 Old 07-31-2012, 01:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Oh, Bootsie, I so feel your pain. I slept poorly toward the end of my pregnancy, and I am so sleep deprived at this point that I don't think I'll ever catch up.

LilyTiger, I can't believe you're due in six days! Wow! I also felt pretty good until week 39 or 40(it's all a blur now), at which point I started to feel REALLY pregnant. Luckily, it won't be much longer!

Andaluza, except for a few Braxton-Hicks around 28 weeks, I had no contractions before going into labor. At the time, I desperately wanted a sign that my body was gearing up for the birth, but in retrospect, I was lucky.

CountryGirl, they change so fast! I was rocking Cara this afternoon, just looking at her little face and thinking about how much she's changed in the last month and I started crying. I'm sure each phase of childhood is special, but part of me wants her to stay tiny forever. Good luck getting ready for fall semester!

Erica, glad you were spared this week. winky.gif Take advantage of that nesting energy! I totally did not experience that until right before I went into labor. Too little too late!

Sending easy labor vibes to all of our soon-to-be mamas!

Just because I want to share, here is a picture of Cara sucking my finger - I think she was three weeks old in this photo:

And here she is a couple of days ago (at four weeks old), conducting orchestras in her sleep:

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#183 of 356 Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)

Cara!!!!! joy.gif  Strike a pose!

Just saying in my DDC, worst fear is to go into labor with this big of a sleep deficit, it will not be pretty. I was so excited for the sleep I got last night but I'm EXHAUSTED.

Having weird low cramps right now, and it's raining, which is always surreal around here.

Going to attempt a nap. I feel like I've worked about 10 days in a row, not two.

Oh and HEY, I don't know who has been around this long besides me and Caly, but I heard from our old friend Taxlady a few days ago. She's doing well and staying positive. That was such a nice surprise.

Also, while I'm just randomly posting crap, I want to add my willing MDC friends on facebook, I think it will be easier to not keep up everywhere once the baby is born but in reality I probably will still be around both. It's also an excuse because I think it allows for maximum baby picture access. ;) So add me if you want! Try to tell me who you are, I just added a bunch of people from my DDC and I'm so confused.

http://www.facebook.com/betsyrae

Last random note, I'm still looking for a THREADKEEPER for the AUGUST/SEPT time slot...All you have to do is copy and paste the first post and start a new thread, then keep it updated with any births, new members, etc. I promise it's not hard :)

oh yeah doc appointment tomorrow...

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#184 of 356 Old 07-31-2012, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Boots- I'll thread keep the fall thread- guess it is my turn- it seems there are very few Bajongos behind me but I'll drop a not on the TTC groups as an invite to join us over here.- I was cracking up at your earlier post because I was eating my 3rd glass of ice for the day- and I totally know what you mean by stinky ice- When I want to my MIL's house in NM - she had stink ice and I was so mad because it was so hot and all I wanted to do was sit in a bathing suit and eat ice- so I had my dh get me soda ice from the gas station, then I ate it in 2 seconds- my method is I have those silicone trays- I only have two- I use filtered water, and just refill refill refill.  - On the constipation thing- I take floradix - kind of pricey- and when I eat my ice - I fill my glass half full of cherry juice and sparkling water - several a day- seems to keep the iron from stopping me up.  

Caly- Cara is a beauty- it inspires me to see those baby pics- LOVE!!

CACountry- wow summer really flew by- hope you find some time for your work!

Hope everyone else is doing great-

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

#185 of 356 Old 07-31-2012, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Sparrows, thanks! It will be kind of quiet over here during the fall, hopefully you'll start to get a new round of BFPs from the TTC thread soon! I have noticed more people joining over there. The good thing is that you might just be able to keep the same thread for several months.

I am so glad you and Erica understand about my ice craziness! Before pregnancy, I ate some crushed ice (from our icemaker) but NOTHING like this. Some sources on the internet say it's a form of pagophagia or pica, "eating non nutritive substances" I'm like BS! Ice is water, I will die without water! :)

Since this afternoon, SO much lower abdominal pressure. Maybe HB has dropped? I don't know. I also read somewhere that first-time mom's babies usually don't drop until labor? True or not? Still the off chance it's a digestive thing but I think not. Maybe my doc will have some insight. Definitely taking the spare yoga ball to work tomorrow.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#186 of 356 Old 08-01-2012, 11:58 AM - Thread Starter

Update from doc appointment: Cervix is the same (1 cm, 10% effaced) after a whole week, damn! Fundal height measuring 40, she's getting a bit concerned about his size, so we're having an ultrasound Friday, a membrane sweep Monday, and we'll discuss our options then. I really don't want to induce on an unripe cervix, esp at 39 weeks...Guess we'll see, doc admits she knows u/s size estimates can be off a lot.

Edited; ultrasound is actually tomorrow afternoon. Done a bit of research abut shoulder dystocia which was mentioned to me as a concern, it seems the risk is minimal (2.5 % of births MAX).

Huz and I talked, we are expecting to hear he is big, but if he has been gaining 1/2 lb a week he should be about 9 now based on last U/S. Big but really not HUGE in our opinion, especially if estimate is off, we could maybe push to wait until Monday 8/13 for induction. Technically we don't HAVE to induce (according to hospital policy) until two weeks from tomorrow, but I think by then my doc might have actually pushed it.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#187 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Woke up and pretty sure my water broke/leaked (didn't seem like all of it) and some bloody show.

We have been packing our overnight bag and I'm going to eat something, then we're off to L&D.

Please any of you on FB don't post anything over there, we don't want to alert anyone if it's a false alarm.

Thinking if water broke and cervix looks the same as yesterday, I'm basically going in for an induction with gel, pitocin, etc.

Guess we won't be making that 345 ultrasound!

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#188 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 08:20 AM

Go boots!!!! I knew that little HB was coming!! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. joy.gifSending you lots of positive thoughts and hugs!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#189 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 08:57 AM

#190 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 09:06 AM

OH MY Goodness Boots & Honey Badger!!!!  Sending you calmness, strength and LOVE - I look forward to news of false alarm- or NEW BABY BADGER 

namaste.gif stillheart.gifgoodvibes.gif

#191 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 09:27 AM

Go HB go! 

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#192 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Woohoo, boots and HB! Elv!

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#193 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 AM

BOOTS! Here's to an easy labor and a beautiful birth! joy.gif Love you, girl!

#194 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 10:10 AM - Thread Starter

False alarm. So tired, more late. Home.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#195 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 10:54 AM

Boots- Get lots of rest sleepytime.gif

#196 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 11:13 AM

Def, lots of rest Miss. That baby is soooooooo coming. He's preppin you! Keepin you on your toes eyesroll.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#197 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 01:25 PM

stillheart.gif boots, I think you are DEFINITELY close... I had something that I thought was water leaking, then bloody show a few days later, and Evelyn was here within 36 hours of that. Best of luck. Thinking of you!

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

#198 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 02:00 PM

He wouldn't be Honey Badger if he came without a false alarm!

#199 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 03:14 PM

Lily- I have kind of a reduced schedule since I choose how many units I teach.  I have 2 intro classes T/Th, both of which I have taught before, and some hours in the writing center.  On M/W I have one Upper Div class I teach every semester (Women and Culture).  so the lecture prep will not be that bad, but I still have to read all the papers.

boots- he'll come soon.  Can't wait to hear about it.

Caly-Cara's so cute.  These girls are a month old- amazing.

Scowgirl- pics of Evelyn?

Everyone else-hugs for now!

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#200 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Boots, glad to hear of progress, even if it was a false alarm.  Good to hear from taxlady.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#201 of 356 Old 08-02-2012, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

scowgirl, that is good to know! I will hold on to that hope... Here's the story of the false alarm x-posted from the August DDC.

Thanks everyone. It has been a long day. I didn't go to sleep until 3 a.m.and I was like a zombie walking back and forth to the yoga ball to ease discomfort/contractions. Then I woke up at 5:30 and felt a gush of something, the front of my underwear was soaking wet and there was watery bloody mucous.

We didn't leave for the hospital until two hours, we had to pack! We had a list but it took awhile, we ate and then we left. My back hurt pretty bad but no real contractions, not even what I had been thinking were BH.

Anyway, at L&D they test two ways for amniotic fluid and found none, HB  was sounding good and kicking the monitors and stuff. She checked me (which didn't hurt much this time) and I was still at 1 cm but more like 50% effaced instead of the 10% from yesterday. My BP and vitals were good. So they sent us home.

When I got home I had another gush of watery pink mucous. I swear it's the wateriest "mucous plug" in the world, I had been reading people say it would be like a gummy bear!

I took a nap but not too much of one this afternoon. Then we had to go for the ultrasound to check his growth. He is measuring 93%, 8lbs 14 oz. We had to wait forever for the U/S and I started swelling like crazy. The tech said since he's "so big" she wanted to talk to their doctor, and we had to wait more. My next doc appointment is Monday so they finally released us saying that they were calling my doc right then with the results. Ugh. I don't feel like all that fuss was warranted, but whatever.

The other thing is that I called my work on the way to the hospital and told the secretary to please pass on what was happening. She apparently didn't and at noon I got a text from a coworker that my principal was mad and looking for me, wondering if we'd be ready for the sub on Monday, etc. WTF. I am angry about the whole situation because I found someone to sub for me LAST year but my principal has been waffling about calling him (because he thinks he can get someone "better") and now it's Thursday and school starts Monday. I didn't really feel like I could call the original sub myself because my principal wanted to offer the damn job to someone else and it's not like I have that authority!

UGH. I know I should wash my hands of the whole thing but I only made it to work three days out of the five I was planning to work and get paid for. I could maybe go in tomorrow but I am just feeling SO angry right now.

I hope that's my sign of labor impending because I definitely don't have any nesting/cleaning instincts, I just want to cry or punch someone. Unless I go into labor in the next three days I am still facing deciding about induction and all the "big baby" talk and I just don't want to deal with it.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#202 of 356 Old 08-03-2012, 03:17 AM

Boots, YOU ARE 39 WEEKS PREGNANT! They're lucky you showed up for work at all this week! Stay home and rest and screw the principal. You did your due diligence!

My parents are arriving this afternoon to meet their granddaughter! She's five weeks old today. DH is leaving for Alaska on Sunday. Thankfully, my mom will be staying until he gets back (8/23), but I'm a little worried about doing all of the nighttime parenting without help. We've been taking shifts at night, and I somehow don't think my mom is going to be up for that.

I'll only have a couple weeks of maternity leave remaining when he gets back, so we're going to have to get her enrolled in daycare. The thought of it is just horrifying right now. I can't imagine not seeing her all day long and leaving her in the care of people I don't really know. greensad.gif

#203 of 356 Old 08-03-2012, 07:44 AM

Boots: I totally agree with Caly!! They are lucky you're even THINKING of showing up. Eff them. You do whatever is exactly best for you and HB. I am on the verge of stabbing people with scissors at work right now... and I'm not even 39 weeks! I give you a lot of credit for being able to handle all that you have without going postal. You are seriouslyyyy almost there, and will be holding your little (possibly big. Lol) squishy!

AFM: Not much, but I like I said above to Boots... I'm totally getting cranky and short tempered and whiny and ridiculous. I'm not miserably uncomfortable (yet?) but I am uncomfy and just tired and SO OVER WORKING. They fired my old boss who I loved and worked with for like 6 years... and hired this new MORON and I want to kill, kill, KILL! He asked me where the "enter" button was the other day. @#%#&$%&%@%@#@#$^%$#!!!!!!!! And how to email himself. I find it impossible to not talk to him like a 2 year old. Please don't let me stab my new boss with scissors. I hate him and his face right now. Sheepish.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#204 of 356 Old 08-03-2012, 09:27 AM

Oh, erica and Boots!  How I love you both.  I think anger and homicidal thoughts should be added to the list of late pregnancy symptoms.  I'm much more relaxed today than I was yesterday, but I seriously could have stabbed the nearest person.   Fortunately, no one came near me the entire day except the dogs.  They got a few angry looks, but stabbing innocent dogs is not ok so they were safe.  I also had a glass of wine with dinner, which totally mellowed me out.  Sorry, little Fetus.  You'll just have to deal. 

Erica, how much time do you have left at work?  Also, I just made an easy diaper cream with just coconut oil and essential oil for the cloth diaper butt that's coming soon.  I thought of you because of the FB CD forum.  Man, those ladies LOVE their cloth diapers.  

Caly,  I still can't handle how cute she is!  I'm sorry you have to deal with the daycare decision.  Super tough.  Is there a daycare near your work so you could stop by?  Are you planning to pump?  I have to get a mini fridge for my office at some point.  That sucks though all around.  I'll have to leave the little one with someone for a day or two a week and it breaks my heart already.  I hope you find a system that lets you stay close but still get back to work without dying inside.  greensad.gif 

In other obnoxiously stressful news, we just found out that DH forgot to pay his estimated tax this year as a contractor (actually, he didn't know he had to because it's his first year doing this) so now we pretty much couldn't afford any daycare (or anything else at all) even if we need it.  Hopefully something works out.   I have to call Monday and have them seriously jack up my withholding rate and then pray we don't get hit with serious penalties.  I hate being an adult.

#205 of 356 Old 08-03-2012, 11:00 AM

I forgot to add:

Caly: Um, I feel you on the daycare. I'm beside myself at the THOUGHT and I haven't even met little miss yet... and we'll be leaving her with my MIL... which now... I'm hating the thought of cause I want to stab her too. So many ladies do it though... they say it's hard in the beginning and then you're okay. Here's hopin!

Lily: Hah! For real. Anger and homicidal thoughts should be on a freakin pamphlet letting you know this is normal. I keep thinking to myself, "You made it to 36 weeks without being a total psycho... you're good!" I also want to punch DH in the face because my b-day is on Monday and I had to order my own freaking bday present, make dinner reservations and invite my own family to my house for cake. Really dude? REALLY???? Kill. Soooooooo, I have a little less than 2 weeks left of work. Every single day now I'm on the verge of tears getting up out of bed. So not like me. Like I said, I'm just annoyed, aggitated, uncomfy, homicidal. Lol. I justtttttttt made myself a little container of coconut oil last night for my diaper bag! Haha! It was so hot outside, so I put my big jar outside to warm it into liquid and then dumped some in a smaller container. Smells heavenly. So what essential oils did you put in with it? I didn't know you could do that! I plan on making a cloth wipe solution with Dr. Bronner's castile soap (the unscented baby one), almond oil, tea tree oil, lavender oil, and water. I'm kinda excited about that cause it sounds yummy. Lol. I use almond oil on my face every night (and my body mixed in with my lotion during the day). I love that stuff!! Ooofaaaaaaaaaa about your hubs. I was supposed to change my tax witholding after I did my taxes this year to a higher rate and here it is August... and of course... I still haven't. Gah. I'll be claiming the baby though (hubby and I need to do our taxes separate because of his work) so hopefully that helps. WHY IS IT ONLY 1:59 AND WHY AM I NOT HOME COZY IN MY BED YET!!! So over working!!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#206 of 356 Old 08-03-2012, 11:50 AM

Erica, I made that same cloth wipe solution this morning!  Hilarious.  I just used lavender in both, but I might check out the almond oil too.  I was going to add tea tree oil to the coconut oil I made for myself, but I was worried about it being  a little too strong for the bambino's (I don't want him/her "energized" when going down for a nap either!).  I weirdly don't like the smell of coconut oil, so I'm trying to find an essential oil blend that I really like that will sort of mask the scent.  But the cloth wipe solution was super easy and will hopefully save the li'l butt.  Good luck on surviving the next two weeks!  Or perhaps I should say good luck to your coworkers on surviving the next two weeks.  Homicidal pregnant ladies are always an adventure.

#207 of 356 Old 08-03-2012, 12:11 PM

Here are a few pics from our nursery.  It's really small, so I was climbing on things to try to get a decent picture.  But the yellow and grey (Aw yeah, Pewter Mug!) turned out nicely and very relaxing.

#208 of 356 Old 08-03-2012, 08:22 PM

I don't want to spoil it for her, but I saw on boots' fb page that HB came this evening!! So so do many hugs and much love going her way! Yey HB!! joy.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#209 of 356 Old 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM

WOW! Congratulations Boots!!! Welcome honeybadger! joy.gif

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#210 of 356 Old 08-04-2012, 04:53 AM

Saw that too!  So freaking excited!!!!  (And massively jealous, of course...).  Can't wait to see some pics of the newest Bajingo Babe!  joy.gif

Tags
Pregnancy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page