Summer 2012 Love for the Preggo Bajingos: Having #1 in our 30s - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 356 Old 08-09-2012, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

andaluza--how did the pediatrician visit go?

LilyTiger--that really does suck about the timing... I watched my best friend go through that kind of frustration waiting to go into labor as an induction date loomed closer and closer... it just seems so unfair that there isn't much to be done about it. The coffee and pastries outing sounds really fun. I went to a coffee shop with my mom yesterday, and despite the fact that I spend most of my time being annoyed with her nowadays, it ended up being really nice.

I also wanted to say that I too love your nursery. I LOVE gray and pairing it with yellow is a great idea. The quilt is beautiful. I really like how the scheme is gender-neutral but still updated and not bland/boring like some of the gender-neutral stuff that is specifically marketed for nurseries.

boots--SO glad you are home with Lyle. It sounds like everything is fine with him and that is great. To be honest I really think you did everything you could... if Evelyn's levels had jumped up that quickly, I'm sure we would have been in the same boat, and it was just luck of the draw that we weren't. I hope you can get some rest (both for your body and your brain) and that your GP can help you with some of the health stuff you were referring to before. This ordeal sounds incredibly exhausting. Hopefully all the big obstacles are now past and this is the first step on the road to your new normal life with the little guy!

Hi LivingSky! Thanks! orngbiggrin.gif

ericaf--Work issues can be the WORST when you get near the end of pregnancy, it seems. Luckily my employer was great and the lead-up to maternity leave ended up coinciding with a bit of a lull in my workload, so I was really fortunate. But someone in my DDC was having preterm labor and a huge amount of stress, a lot of it caused by her insane workload, and her employer was basically a big jerk about the whole thing. People are really so selfish and it sounds like your new bosses are prime examples of that.

AFM--sorry about the big ALL ABOUT ME outburst yesterday... I am feeling much better now. loveeyes.gif My big victory this afternoon was getting Evy to go down for a nap without nursing her. I am more than happy to nurse her whenever she looks at me sideways--I need the supply boost anyway--but in this case she had spit up a fairly large amount not long before, and was looking around quietly and didn't seem hungry, so it was a good chance to try some other stuff. I walked around singing "Meet the Elements" by They Might Be Giants to her, and before long she started looking sleepy. luxlove.gif I have been feeling like I have nothing in my toolbox other than nursing, and Daddy is the only one who can really soothe her, so this was nice.

Also, our nursery is finally almost done with some help from my dad and brother--just need to hang up the wooden letters we bought. Better late than never, right?...

Jennifer (35) read.gif jog.gif , DH (36) reading.gifbikenew.gif, and baby makes three: Welcome DD Evelyn, 7/16/12! baby.gif

Missing our beloved "soul mate kitty" rainbow1284.gifflowerkitty.gif (RIP 8/19/11) but enjoying our two new kitty-girls.

#242 of 356 Old 08-09-2012, 01:22 PM

Scowgirl, vent away about your mil! Great to hear you could soothe Evy on your own. It must be so interesting to see the dynamic between dh and baby vs your own. I am convinced that my dh will be the fun parent and I'll be more serious. We'll see the pedi on Tuesday if I don't have the baby before then. We like the one we initially chose, but I started thinking about how it could be good to be at a practice with lactation consultants, so we'll see if this visit changes out minds.

Lily, wrote to you on our ddc, but I wonder if labor is more imminent than you think...remember boots said she was in a foul mood right before. From your symptoms it really sounds like things are going to happen very soon!

Boots, I also wrote to you on our ddc, but just sending you more strength and hoping all the levels come back well today. You will pull through this and I hope you have some calm and rest soon.

Erica, sorry about your unrealistic bosses! So, are you done working in 1 week? I hope so!

I had my ob appt this morning (39.3) and she checked me again (just a fingertip, but it's something). She said she would let me go to 42 weeks, although she prefers to induce during the 41st. I'm hoping that something happens by then! I have been feeling a little weird today. In the morning until lunch I was groggy and nauseated and had a slight headache, and right before lunch I got some lower back pain that is persisting (although after some pelvic tilts and time on the ball it's lessening). I m still waiting to experience a contraction, though. 

Dh had to go to work to do some interviews today, but I think we're going to do the belly cast tonight. 

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#243 of 356 Old 08-09-2012, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

nak

LilyTiger, hang in there! I know it feels like the baby is never coming out, but believe me, ze will!

Andaluza, sending peaceful labor vibes your way in case I don't make it back to the board before your baby is born! I'm a huge fan of lactation consultants. I credit them with saving my BFing relationship with Cara.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#244 of 356 Old 08-09-2012, 07:42 PM

Lily- I had my sister come down (4 hour drive) as soon as I started feeling contractions and ended up sending her home a couple days later with no baby.  She made the drive again when babe actually did come.  Babies have no sense of timing and those overdue days sure feel like forever, don't they?  I can't wait to hear about the arrival of your little one.  

Boots-So glad to hear little Lyle is doing better and you are home.  Is that an Aiden and Anais swaddling blanket in your photo?  I love those things.  To all you other mommies- worth the money!

Scowgirl- yeah for soothing to sleep.  It is nice to know that we are more than just boobs isn't it.  And ranting and venting is half of what we are here for- so have at it.

Erica- My MIL is very easy going and she still sometimes drives me crazy when it has to do with my kids, so much sympathy and stick to your guns.

Andaluza- Baby's coming soon for you too.  I am glad I did the belly cast; just make sure to use tons of the bees wax or vaseline or whatever- it sticks to ever little hair and I did not slather it on enough so it hurt coming off.

Caly and Cara blowkiss.gif    

AFM-

Juniper had her 1 month check-up today.  She has gained 1 lb and 7 ounces and an inch in the last two weeks (that's like me gaining 20 pounds in 2 weeks).  No wonder I have had a bit of a fussy pants at times.  That ia a lot of growing. My older DD was so little- this is a new experience for me.  She does have a bit of an umbilical granuloma (http://wikiparenting.parentsconnect.com/wiki/Umbilical_Granuloma) (if you are curious).  The doc treated it with silver nitrate for the 2nd time, which leaves her little belly button gray and will make it peel tomorrow.  My  pediatrician does not recommend starting vaccines until 2 months so their immune system can build up to lessen reactions and have a better ability to use the vaccine to build immunity.  I will be doing a shot only app. at the end of the month to get her the DTap for the pertussis (whopping cough) of which we had an outbreak at the university where I teach about 2 years ago (she will be coming to work with me and hanging with a student nanny).  I am really getting anxious about bringing such a new baby to work (my older DD was 6 months before I went back); I am really going to have to lay down the law with my nanny-no hanging in dirty, stuffy dorm rooms, no letting other kids hold the baby. Off to try to make dinner.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#245 of 356 Old 08-10-2012, 12:17 PM

Erica- I love this…"So you're going to call me right when you go into labor, right?" I just looked at her and said, "Mmmmm. Nope!"- that is sooo the way I deal with my **shole MIL.  She is not the same as yours but a freeking child who is always trying to get attention especially when me and dh have something big going on in our lives- she hates sharing her only son’s attention.  I totally understand why you are frustrated- Even reading this I was frustrated for YOU!!

Lily- I cant believe you are 3 days past I hope this changes soon, I see your frustration- we all feel so vulnerable and there is a new anger when it comes- to the “I can get screwed over but this is about MY CHILD” feeling and you want everyone around to value that child and make time for them.  It will work out for sure, you are there- like seconds away!!  I can’t wait to her news- hope you had a great latte with your friend!!  

Scowgirl- glad to see you and babe are figuring things out and that your nursery is almost done- pics???.

Caly- so glad you are breastfeeding well, I am going to take a class and see a consultant, I hope like crazy it all works out- I am anemic- as of now- trying to fix that so I hope that does not get in the way.

Boots- Glad you are home with HBLyle, hope you are enjoying his homecoming!!

Andaluza- how did the belly cast go?  contractions yet- so excited for you and Lily!!!!!

AFM- pushing through Bradley- 2nd stage labor class last night- I really liked that.  I hate to say this- because saying it confirms it but- well, my dh is just not the jump in there control type of guy, therefore he is kind of lackluster and sucky at coaching, he counts to 10 all erratically and forgets the assignment as soon as she instructs the coaches what to do, this is EXACTLY why we are spending 1000 on a doula!  I feel the same as I did when we took a ballroom dance class here at a university- he just can't do it well, and he is super concerned and sweet, strong man, he is just frustrating!!  I feel like it would me much better at this point to set my expectation that the doula will play more of an active roll as help than my husband because he just sucks sometimes- like he was supposed to be holding up my leg for practice on a side lying position and we need to think that I may be on a bed- he kneels in front of me and just kin of props my leg on his knee- instead of holding it with his arms- he is not a weak man- he is just like- uh ok?  He won't lean in and try hard- I guess that is the other side of the calm man coin- he is super calm tolerant person- which is great for a dad or husband but that also means he docent really try to help- hardcore or really engage.  UGH- he is my best friend and I feel bad for feeling disappointed at this special time in our lives.  I think what I will do i s just give him very specific tasks- Like massage my back- go get ice- etc. and leave the knowledgable coaching to the doula, that way he is involved- but I am not setting up expectations of him that I will end up being disappointed he cannot fulfill.-- whew- sorry for the RANT

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

#246 of 356 Old 08-10-2012, 01:36 PM

Sparrows- my husband was kind of the same way for that kind of class and prep stuff, but he really pulled it together and was a great partner for the real thing.  He was just really bad at the role playing and somehow when it was real it was a whole different ball game.  I don't know if it will be similar for your DH and regardless, I was SOO glad to have the doula, but their is hope. 

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#247 of 356 Old 08-10-2012, 02:52 PM

CACOUNTRY- thank you so much for saying that- funny because after I posted I was like- whew, I guess I was more upset about it than I thought I was- and I called my mom- she said the same thing- that some people are self conscious about pretending and roll playing and the adrenaline of the real thing is not kicking in- (I am not screaming and in pain etc.)   I hope I can get him to try harder and he will listen when I say- push my leg harder and hold the leg up don't let it freaking dangle there!!!  I guess us ladies just know it is a real reality when you have the baby in your tummy, and you are very aware of the impending need to get it out- so you take the practice very seriously- I can feel the baby moving around when we practice and I am like- holy crap this IS going to happen- and I think he is thinking about his next tennis game.  angry.gif uhhh, it also made me think of the argument we have over him getting things done around that house and how I have been denying to myself that he will do things differently than me with the baby, and I probably will have to convince him to participate in daily tasks, - think I need some advise on some tactics to use- like maybe he should be in charge of bathing- and a few other key daily things that I will always leave up to him, otherwise I feel like he may just leave it up to me because it has been so long since he had a small child - he doesn't remember all of the things you need to do on a daily basis- BREATH - I feel like crying.  

#248 of 356 Old 08-10-2012, 02:57 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Hey everyone, thanks for the nursery love!  It was very fun to put together, even with the small space.  Can't wait to see some other exciting nursery pics!  But baby pics would be even cuter.  Andaluza, it's all up to you!  I'm convinced this kid is never coming out.

I'm dealing with some really frustrating family drama right now, which is even more disappointing because it's my own family and I didn't expect them to pull this stuff.  But I'm trying not to think about it while DH does some (hopefully gentle) intervening on the phone.  I, meanwhile, am going to watch the X-Files and knit and forget that my family is completely irrational.

And sweetsparrows, the doula will be really helpful I suspect.  I'm having DH read the part of the Dr. Sears book that describes how women treat their husbands during transition.  I figure he should know the worse.  And if your DH is already having trouble counting and helping now, chances are good he's going to get his little head bitten off when you're in labor.  Hopefully he's not too sensitive!

Hugs to everyone!  I'll update more when I'm in a better place.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#249 of 356 Old 08-11-2012, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Lyle was a week old yesterday! We're still so happy to be home. We even went out to Baby's R Us last night and Jeff ran into the grocery store. It's good to feel like you can function at all after such craziness.

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#250 of 356 Old 08-11-2012, 03:28 PM

Lyle is a Cutie Punkin Baby!!!  Happy week birthday!!!  I love the book too, hope you are enjoying family time stillheart.gifstillheart.gif

#251 of 356 Old 08-12-2012, 07:09 AM

Thanks, Caly!

Good to hear an update, CaCountry. Sorry about the umbilical cord issue, I hope it heals really soon.

2sweetsparrows, my husband takes the coaching seriously occasionally, but is not practicing or anything on his own. I think today I'm going to ask him to review everything and we can do some practice exercises. He gets little spurts of realizing that this is really going to happen. Maybe I should pretend to have some contractions or something and see how he reacts? (No, I wouldn't do that, but it would be nice to actually have a few to see how I'd react!!?)

Lily, I hope you are able to have a restful weekend and that baby comes soon. Sending you strength!

Boots, it's great to hear that things are becoming a little more mundane!

Still no contractions, but he's certainly down lower. I am feeling too good to allow myself to think that labor will happen anytime soon. I have an appt on Thursday if I'm still pregnant, then we'll have another the following Monday at 41 weeks and I think an induction may be scheduled that week, since the ob won't let me go beyond 42 weeks. She said most her patients who make it to their due dates give birth between 40/41 weeks.

We did the belly cast Friday night and the baby was moving like crazy. Dh has plans for it, so I'll wait til it's actually finished before commenting. 

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#252 of 356 Old 08-12-2012, 05:37 PM

scowgirl: That's awesome that your work was easy for you at the end! Mine isn't the end of the world, but they're just making me really annoyed and stressed. I just feel like they can be a LOT more sensitive, ya know? I'm freaking 38 weeks pregnant... this shit is not easy! Lol. And go you for getting Evy down like that... I think that's awesome. I know it's hard being a new Mom, and I'm not even one yet!! My cousin has a 4 month old who is teething a little already, and hasn't stopped crying all week (when normally, she has been the calmest easy going bebe ever!) so she was walking down the street with her trying to do anything to calm her down. Her neighbor down the street (who is actually my DH's friends parents) saw her outside looking like she was going to kill someone. The wife went outside and took the baby from her, and calmed the baby down and got her to fall asleep. My cousin said she was never so thankful in her life. It's the little things. winky.gif

andaluza: What's up, Mama?! Anything?! My last day is Thursday. Only fourrrr more days!!!!! Yessssssssss. Oh wait. You're due tomorrow! Eeee!!

Ca Country: Thank you for the kind words about my monster in law. I'm trying to be strong and not go nutty on her. And that is so awesome that your pediatrician doesn't like to do vaccines till 2 months. I feel like that makes so much sense. I've been so tortured on the vaccine front. So question. Did you get nothing for her when she was born? I don't know if it's different in each state, but by me they want to do the antibiotic drops (which I'm vetoing), vitamin K, and hep B at birth. I'm on the fence with Hep B. I feel like it's too early for her, but it's so hard to decide!

2sweetsparrows: Ugh! I feel for you too!!! Sometimes there is nothing worse than a MIL. I feel like I'm having such a hard time with it because before baby came about, I had no issues with her. Now I just feel like she's stepping on my toes, and I wanna smack her! She doesn't realize that she's pushing me more and now I don't even want to call her until AFTER the baby is born. She said to me a zillion times that she would only let HER Mom watch my DH. Why doesn't she get that I wouldn't want MY MIL in the freaking hospital staring and waiting on me to have MY baby? Jesus! As for your DH. Sounds quiteeee a bit like mine, for real. It's so frustrating. I feel like I just need to keep doing what I know with my hypnobabies, and rely on myself and that's just how it's gonna be. If he comes through, cool. If not, I don't want to feel let down... so I'm just not going to expect much. (even though he drives me NUTS cause he says he only wants HIM in during the birth which I'd normally be okay with... but he won't freakin practice or do any of the work, and my Mom has and will... so I have a feeling he's not gonna get what he wants there!) My mom keeps telling me that I can do it myself, and to not stress about him. Maybe try to get yourself in that frame of mind as well if possible! You're a smart cookie for getting a doula... they're all about you and doing what you need!

Lily: Hope you're hanging in there, my love. I wanna kill people, and I'm not dealing with too much family drama. Many hugs to you. Stay strong!

Boots: Come ON now with these Lyle pics. He's seriously so freaking adorable. I wanna munch on his cheeks! lips.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#253 of 356 Old 08-12-2012, 10:40 PM

Erica-I skipped all 3- antibiotic eye drops because they are mostly for gonorrhea exposure (which I  knew I did not have); Heb B because babies are really a convenience population rather than really at risk; and Vitamin K I actually said ok to if it was needed.  Vitamin K is to help with clotting, which babies can not do themselves, not really a vaccine.  I would have asked for it is my DD had any signs of trauma or indication that she could have any internal bleeding, even lots of molding (pointy head), but she came out so fast, she had no bruising and no molding.  I don't think any of them are really bad, but I just wanted her first moments to be free of any needles that were not necessary.

#254 of 356 Old 08-13-2012, 08:03 AM - Thread Starter

I just saw on FB Lilytiger had her baby! A girl "born this morning around 3:00am at 7lbs 6 oz and 21 inches long. One week late and 17 hours of active labor later, she's already grounded until she's 15" Not sure if she's sharing the name here but I figured she wouldn't mind if I shared this much! I hope not, Lily, I was just so excited!

Sparrows, I'm going to update the info for Lyle and Lily's baby and then anytime you're ready you can start the new thread! I just put "baby girl" for Lily and she can tell us if she wants the name added.

We're off to the pediatrician, I hope we hear good things about his jaundice, weight gain, and transitioning to EBF.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#255 of 356 Old 08-13-2012, 09:21 AM

ericaf (and anyone else considering Hep B at the hospital) - I recommend checking out iansvoice.org . Be warned, it is graphic and pretty horrifying and I fully admit it had me in tears even though we didn't do the hep B vaccine. Hep B is an STD, so unless the mother has it, it's completely unnecessary in a newborn.

We opted out of the antibiotic eyedrops (they're for chlamidia, DH and I were both tested and don't have it so also unnecessary). We did the same as CA Country Girl for the Vit K, we said ok if it was necessary. My midwife deemed it necessary so we gave it orally instead of in a needle. Orally requires a much higher dosage but no needle poke, so we were more comfortable with that.

boots - Can't wait to hear the update on Lyle! He's a cutie!

Married to my wonderful DH 5/2010, Mom to DS1 Kayden 7-14-2011 wild.gif and DS2 Jakob 8-29-2013 babyf.gif

Owned by Friesians and Drum Horses, plus the dogs, cats, rabbits and chickens

#256 of 356 Old 08-13-2012, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Boots, thanks for updating for me!  Piper Ingrid was indeed born this morning.  I will write up the harrowing birth story later today.  For now it will suffice it to say that those weeks of prelabor accomplished absolutely nothing.  We're in the hospital until tomorrow and still working on our latch.  She had to be suctioned, which caused some breathing problems that seem to be making it hard for her to get a good latch.  I'm hoping they just let us leave and I'll work on bfing with my doula and doctor at home.  I hope everyone else is doing amazing!!!!  I can't even deal with how in love I am with this little peanut.  Soooo amazing.  And newborn smell!  Oh.  My.  Lord.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#257 of 356 Old 08-13-2012, 03:15 PM

joy.gif LilyTigerjoy.gif 

I love her name! And newborn smell is the BEST thing in the WORLD!

#258 of 356 Old 08-13-2012, 03:28 PM

stillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif Congratulations Lily & WELCOME baby girl Piper Ingrid stillheart.gifstillheart.gifstillheart.gif

I love the name- Piper is my dh's male cousins middle name- Austin Piper- we considered it for a middle name - LOVE it!!  Can't wait to hear your birth story- So glad she is here and healthy!!!

Enjoy your baby moon, and these first days as a family!!!!

Ohmagoodness, Andaluza- you're next TODAY is you EDD!!!!!- so exciting to see all of these healthy babies- my little Ert is moving a ton while I am reading this stuff- I think he is inspired by all of the great news!

#259 of 356 Old 08-13-2012, 05:37 PM

We've been so busy I haven't had time to say CONGRATS Scowgirl, Boots, and Lily!!!!!!!! Super cute babies! Take care mommas.

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#260 of 356 Old 08-13-2012, 06:19 PM

I am so excited for you Lily!!!! I had tears in my eyes when I read Boots update on you!! Welcome, Piper!

AFM: Well, went to the Dr. today... she seems to think little Miss will be here in a week or week and a half. jaw2.gif Last week my cervix was shortened a smidge and no dilation. 5 days later I'm 1/2" dilated and 70% effaced. Makin progress! And as soon as she was in there she said, "Oooh. She's right there. I can feel her head." Um. Gulp. Lol. Anddddddddddd all along what I thought was lady baby getting herself into uncomfortable positions? Isssss really Braxton Hicks contractions. Um. I've been having these forever then, and didn't even know. Lol. I was having one while I was on the table today and I had her feel me thinking she could just tell me the position she was in and she said, "Oh! That's a contraction!" Crazy. And how am I so dumb that I didn't know that? Lol. 

Hope everyone else is doing well. 3. More. Days. Of. Work. Ahhhhhhh. energy.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#261 of 356 Old 08-13-2012, 08:49 PM

Congratulations Lily!  My father thinks Piper is a potential nickname for Juniper.  So far we mostly call her June Bug or Junie, but love the name.  So glad to hear she is here and healthy.  Tell us your birth story when you are ready.  Hugs.

#262 of 356 Old 08-13-2012, 10:20 PM

YAY Erica and lady baby!!- you may be closer than expected!!  Yeah on the whole BH thing- I have weird pains and never know what they are- how can you really know unless someone tells you because every woman feels them differently and it is hard to describe them... so unless you have experience with them yourself- there is a good chance we mistake them for one of the other ten thousand pains and discomforts we come across- so wow can't believe you are already so close, I am the last off the boat here, keep us updated joy.gif

#263 of 356 Old 08-14-2012, 06:40 AM

Congratulations, Lily! What an adjective to describe your story hug.gif I love the pic you posted on our ddc of the gorgeous baby Piper!

Great news, Erica! Still hoping I beat you, though winky.gif, but I'm not sure about anything that I'm feeling!?!? So happy that you are almost done with work!

Afm, from my ddc: yesterday I cleaned out the freezer and we did a lot of shopping to stock up, also tying up odds and ends while out. I was pretty exhausted and stuffed after a late lunch. I rested for a while, then decided to bake a cake to celebrate the due date, and by the end my back was killing me. But I still went on to dust the house and then mop the floors after dh vacuumed, since he has some work duties to accomplish the next 3 days and won't be able to do much around the house. I think I was having bh and also back pain while doing that; in some ways I wanted to see if I could sense any rhyme or reason to the sensations, but it was mainly achy, so I'm doubtful that anything I experienced was near a real contraction. My back seems better after the night's sleep, but I'm going to focus on yoga for the next few days. 

This afternoon dh and I are meeting the other pediatrician I decided to interview at the last moment, since they have lc on staff. Then the baby can come! 

#264 of 356 Old 08-14-2012, 07:46 AM

Lily, just checked out the pick Andaluza mentioned. She is absolutely to die for!

Andaluza, thinking of you and wishing you a peaceful labor when it happens (which will be soon!).

Erica, good luck with your last few days at work!

Sparrows, add me to the list of ladies whose DH didn't seem to take labor prep seriously but was wonderful when it was for real.

CountryGirl, I can't imagine trying to prep a class right now. Anything that requires two hands (like typing) is a real challenge these days. Good luck!

Boots, I hope things are settling down now that you guys are home and that you liked the pediatrician.

I hope I didn't forget anyone!  blowkiss.gif to all!

Cara has been a smiley girl lately! Here's the first one we caught on camera.

#265 of 356 Old 08-14-2012, 11:18 AM

Ohhhh, Andaluza... you're certainly going to be before me, Missy! I seem to be having the same back issues as you. I feel pretty good, until I decide to do something... then I'm an achy mess. But sleeping and resting for the night def helps me! I'm trying to relax as much as possible, but it's dang hard when you just want to get stuff done. Can I TELL you how happy I was (even though I was physically miserable) after I mopped our wood floors last week? They looked so shiny and nice. Ahhhh, the little things. Lol.

2sweetsparrows: I'm guessing you very well could be having BH contractions too then! I really didn't know that's what they were. I knew a couple of times cause they were stronger, but I didn't know all of them were. I'm glad the Dr was able to confirm for me, cause what the hell do I know. Lol! And you neverrrrr know. You could be before me too! I know my Dr's assistant told me you could walk around dilated for weeks and nothing happen. OR you could even have zippo dilation and then go into the labor the next day. So ridic.

Caly: OKAY. That is SUCH a cute smile. Oooof.

AFM: I'm pretty much saying work can go shit in their hat right now. The Dr wanted to take me out of work as of yesterday and I told her I had agreed to work till Thursday. So basically I'm just coming in, doing what I need to do, and leaving. Soooooooooooo, it's about 2:20 and I'm leaving now. Hmph! I feel decent, just tired... but when I stand I feel so freaking uncomfortable now. Although now I'm getting a little worried lady baby may not give me a break at all, and might come really soon? I don't even know WHAT I think anymore. I just know I'm on her schedule. Sigh.

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12

Breast cancer survivor!
#266 of 356 Old 08-14-2012, 01:31 PM

Caly-Oh beautiful smiley baby!  I have yet to capture a good smile on film.

#267 of 356 Old 08-14-2012, 06:07 PM

smile.gif Beautiful Happy baby Caly- 

Erica- two more days... then rest and BABY!!!!

#268 of 356 Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 AM - Thread Starter

From the Aug DDC, (thread "medical separation and breastfeeding")

Lily's sweet baby girl Piper has to stay in the hospital for a lung infection. :( Let's send lots of love for both of them blowkiss.gif

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#269 of 356 Old 08-15-2012, 03:20 PM

Such a cutie, Caly! I can't wait to see more smiles!

Erica, you're almost done with work! Sounds like things are definitely moving along faster for you, though, so don't be surprised if you get to meet her before my little guy decides to show up! 

I was so sorry to read about Lily and Piper, but it sounds like they caught it early and hope that the time flies by and Lily can feel good about the milk.

Afm, nothing new or exciting to report, except not sleeping until about 3:30 am because we were having tremendous thunderstorms. I took a long walk today and maybe had a bit of back pain but that's really it. Well, also a bit of crampiness once in a while. We'll see if my cervix has made any progress at my 40.3 appointment tomorrow.  We've been dtd and nipple stim, but no contractions as a result. I had dh install the co-sleeper last night and I organized all the baby clothes. At this point all that's left is for dh to install another cordless blind...we're running out of little things to do and I'm not in the mood to work! I'm trying to be patient with my body, though.

#270 of 356 Old 08-15-2012, 04:16 PM

blowkiss.gif Lily and Piper- healing love your way, keep us update when you have time- 

Anzaluza- Your the next contestant BABY- COME ON DOWN!!!!!  Hope things start progressing- use the extra time to rest- I know easier said then done, I am sure there will be great baby updates soon!!

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page