Summer 2012 Love for the Preggo Bajingos: Having #1 in our 30s - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 356 Old 06-25-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

stork-girl.gif stork-boy.gifstork-suprise.gif

Welcome to the TTC #1 in Our 30's Graduates Thread! 

We are the ladies of the Bajingo Juice Club who have gotten our BFPs.

All due dates are welcome.

Are you pregnant with your first and in your 30's but never heard of the BJC? 

Welcome! Please join us!

Let's keep in touch during our pregnancy journeys.

The more the merrier!

wool.gif

stillheart.gif Due February 2012

26 ~ Hokievol33, BFP after 3 months of trying, 6 months of charting.

Rainbow.gif  Due April 2012

27 chapluqa31, TTC since 1/11

coolshine.gifDue June 2012

07 ~ Bel718, 32, after 20 months and a little help. Expecting twins! stork-suprise.gifstork-suprise.gif

23 ~ Calycanth, 31, BFP after 16 months TTC and one miscarriage

26-29ish ~ CACountryGirl, 35, BFP after 18 months, acupuncture, and chinese herbs

hat.gif Due July 2012

?? ~ reelala, 30, after 3 months

11 ~ scowgirl, expecting a little girl!

love.gif Due August 2012

05 ~ LilyTiger, 31, BFP after 4 months and some really wonky cycles

13 ~ andaluza, 35, BFP on 5th month TTC

13 ~ bootsvalentine, 33, BFP after TTC #1 since 06/2010

?? ~ lakeruby, 30, expecting #1 after 2 months of trying

30 ~ ericaf, 31, BFP after 4 months of trying, and an early loss 8/11

orngbiggrin.gif Due September 2012

09 ~ calpurnia7, 31, BFP after 3 months with love and luck

18 ~ cry884, 33, conceived on her very first try! (12/25/11)

25 ~ 2sweetsparrows, 33, after losses 3/11 and 11/11 and 2 cycles of Femara

shine.gif Due October 2012

01 ~ Dandylez, 36, conceived with IUI and frozen sperm

03 ~ Catheleni, after 2+ years trying with a little nudge from the fertility doc

?? ~ Femmeknitzi, 31, BFP after 13 months

kissy.gif Due January 2013

01~ pitchounette

joy.gifCongratulations Mamas!!!joy.gif

BOYS: 11

GIRLS: 9

ericaf ~ Ruby Mae born 9/1/12 at 9:52 p.m. 8 lbs 4 oz, 20"

andaluza ~ Baby Boy M born 8/23/12

Lilytiger ~ Piper Ingrid born 8/13/2012 at 3 a.m. 7 lbs 6 oz, 21"

Bootsvalentine ~ Lyle George born 8/3/12 at 6:28 p.m. 8 lbs 6 oz, 20"

Scowgirl ~ Evelyn Linnea born  7/16/12 at 10:30 a.m. 8 lb 0 oz, 21"

CACountyGirl ~ Juniper Lee born 7/3/12 at 1:01 a.m.

Calycanth ~ Cara Laurel born 6/29/12 at 10:51 p.m.

Dandylez   ~ Adair Seamus born early 6/28/12 at 3:35 p.m., in our thoughts! stillheart.gif

Bel718   ~Twins born 5/31!!! Baby Boy M 5 lbs 9 oz; Baby Girl A 6 lbs 10 oz

RosieL ~ Odin born 4/7/12 at 12:15AM

Ramzubo ~ Brody Alexander born 1/29/12 after 27 hours of labor

birdie.lee ~ Baby Boy L born 11/20/11 after just five hours of labor

Tank ~ Elliot born on 11/8/11 at 11:38AM 

Hykue ~ Raven Brisa born 10/31/11,  8lb 2oz

ValH ~ Jacob born 10/4/11 at 9:55AM

Tear78 ~ Baby Girl A born 7/15/11

LivingSky ~ Kayden born 7/14/11

Meander ~ Alaric born 7/3/11

Blanca78 ~ Baby Girl E born 4/24/11

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#2 of 356 Old 06-25-2012, 03:19 PM - Thread Starter

Geez, have you guys ever noticed how many boys the bajingo ladies have??? I think maybe some of the earlier ladies had girls, but I am not sure. 

Caly, we're ready for Spacegirl to be the first girl in ages!

I am still thinking about Bel and hoping she ever has a spare minute to come update us how she's doing with those twinsies!

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#3 of 356 Old 06-25-2012, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks for the new thread, Boots.

Caly, good to hear about the NST, even though it didn't reveal that labor is imminent. I hope she doesn't make you wait too much longer! How are you keeping busy and calm? 

Your trips sound like fun, Sparrows. I think it's good to know where the hospitals are around your destinations, just to keep some peace of mind, but I'm sure you have nothing to worry about.

I am so excited to meet my baby, but I really have so much work to get done before he gets here and the days seem to be passing by without me making the huge dents in it that I need. I think this is contributing to my wide awake state at 2:30 am last night. Insomnia--that is a state I really don't want to enter.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#4 of 356 Old 06-25-2012, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Caly, I remember when I hit 30 weeks feeling like, ok, here we are! lol...I don't know why I had that in my head. The last stretch feels so long, and I didn't even go past about 37 weeks. I'm glad your LO is doing well, and I hope you have a smooth and quick labor soon. goodvibes.gif

afm - we had a baby girl last summer, to help balance out the boy trend. love.gif

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#5 of 356 Old 06-25-2012, 05:30 PM

Yay, new thread! Thanks Boots! The BJC babies list is indeed looking a little sausagey orngtongue.gif but we should have a whole bunch of girls to add soon. I think one of Bel's twins is a girl, and Country Girl could be giving birth to her daughter as we speak. I'm pretty sure Tear had a girl as well. I do hope we hear from Bel, though I'm sure she's got her hands full.

Andaluza, I haven't done a particularly good job of staying busy or calm, LOL. I've been reading and obsessively Googling birth-related topics and doing a lot of baking. Today I made raspberry oatmeal bars and cheesecake swirl brownies and a loaf of herb and onion bread that, unfortunately, did not turn out well. Normally I would love having all this down time, but the anticipation makes it hard to bear. Sorry about the insomnia. Yuck. I was awake most of the night, too. 

Sparrows, sounds like you had a fun weekend, though it must have been hard to sit on the sidelines. Still, a weekend on the coast sounds lovely!

LilyTiger, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll go early (just not too early). fingersx.gif

ETA: Tear, thanks for empathizing! Deep down, I was convinced my baby would be early, too. I have no idea why!

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#6 of 356 Old 06-25-2012, 07:07 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Oh, my, I have been stalking to see if any Bajingo babies have been born and thought there had been with all the posts on the last thread.  Hoping to see some photos of Bel's twins and Caly's and CA country girl's little girls soon whenever they decide to enter the world.

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#7 of 356 Old 06-25-2012, 09:31 PM

Hi ladies

40 weeks tomorrow.  No baby yet.  I got an acupuncture treatment with induction points today and I am hoping that it might start moving things along, however, all of that only works if I am already pretty much ready.  They could not reach my cervix at the last appointment- said it was short, but tucked up behind the baby's head, so not sure what my status is on that front.  I have been having contractions, but no pattern.  I will of course let you ladies know if anything changes!  Hang in there Caly, we are close!

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#8 of 356 Old 06-26-2012, 06:57 AM

I keep stalking to see if Caly or CA Country girl had their babies! Lol. I really can't believe how close everyone is... amazing to me. I feel like that time really flew by (mostly). I have 9 weeks left, andddddddd I'm sure it's going to drag just like everyone else says. Boo. I keep telling myself (even though I keep thinking she'll come in August), that Miss Ruby will come exactly when she wants too... and that she chooses her birthday... not me or my impatience. I reallyyyy need to keep repeating this to myself. But um. I can't stand all the cute stuff, I just want to stuff her into and give her smooches! This cover came in the mail yesterday (a friend of mine is giving me one size of her gDiapers, so naturally... I had to buy one super cutesy cover. Lol)

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#9 of 356 Old 06-26-2012, 12:36 PM

P.S. I wanted to share my most favoritest pregnancy compliment ever so far... My hubs got me this "Mother to Be" spa package for Mother's Day, and I went this past Saturday... When the one girl was doing my pedicure she asked how far along I was, and I told her I'd be 8 months on Thursday. She said "Wow! Your feet and ankles look awesome for being 8 months pregnant!" Hahahahahaha. Ahhhh, it's the little things that make me smile... like a stranger telling me I don't have cankles. bouncy.gif

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#10 of 356 Old 06-26-2012, 12:45 PM

#11 of 356 Old 06-26-2012, 01:49 PM

Today is my due date by my charting (and the first ultrasound dating).  The Docs have Friday (LMP).  I guess I am not having an early baby.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#12 of 356 Old 06-26-2012, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh, you guys, I am getting so nervous about my lack of solid due date. (This is me making our 40+ week mamas plight about me, yes) We pulled out all our old ultrasounds and paperwork from fertility clinic etc, and are trying to figure out what is accurate between 8/6 and 8/15. I feel like that is a huge window (but maybe not? Maybe I shouldn't be so worried)  and school starts 8/6. I was planning to start my maternity leave then, but then I'm like, if it's actually 8/15 and I go a few days over, that's over ten days of not doing anything, "wasting" my maternity leave/short term disability. By the same token, we said no matter what I would go back before fall break for one day (so then I get paid for break) and then start the new quarter with my students. So maybe it doesn't matter. Here's some dates for those of you who want to give your opinion:

8/6 is what my OB said a 2nd tri ultrasound predicted

8/9 is my LMP due date

8/11 is what my OB has now (?)

8/13 is what is projected by when I thought I O'd. I have NO idea how accurate this was, after 17 months TTC I don't even know if I took an OPK, it just says O? on my calendar

8/15 is a date we got when looking at a first-tri ultrasound.

Do you guys find your energy and comfort level varies a lot day by day? I find it so weird. I thought pregnancy would be degenerative, like I would feel progressively worse every day until it was time for birth. But instead some days I am exhausted and crampy, other days I am fine. Yesterday walking twice around Target was torture, my hands swelled, and I was so crampy/tight all night when I sneezed it hurt like hell. Then other days I could walk two miles with no problems.

Lily, I remember you saying in our DDC about the hand swelling. It's so weird and it just started for me. I thought it was the heat but it even happened in super AC'd Target. I took my blood pressure afterwards and it was fine. Ankles are fine. Have your midwives/ob said anything about it?

Our second childbirth class is tonight (hospital). It's most about medical stuff, but I really want to know about the hospital's policies about these sorts of things. (pain meds, c-sections, inductions). 4 hours, though, ugh.  I also think the class has been good for huz and that's important. He realized maybe he is not so prepared and has been doing some reading.

Lots of love and good vibes to Caly and CACoGirl and their baby girls!

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#13 of 356 Old 06-26-2012, 03:37 PM

Ugh, 40.3 and I'm still pregnant. Still no contractions, no mucus plug, no real pressure on my cervix--in short, no indication that this baby is ever coming out. banghead.gif

Country Girl, welcome to the Overdue Club. hug2.gif Hopefully both our memberships will be revoked shortly!

Boots, I hate to say this, but I don't think there's any way to know if one of those dates might be more accurate than the others. And we know that Honey Badger don't care anyway. orngtongue.gif Do you have to give your school your leave dates right away? Could you tell them you might take your leave as early as the first of August, but that you'll decide based on how you feel at the time? If I could do it over, that's what I would do.

#14 of 356 Old 06-26-2012, 06:34 PM

Here to stalk Caly and CA. I can't believe you guys are past forty weeks. OMG.

Gotta go track back to see bel's news...

All good here, generally. We are working on sleep stuff (namely moving from bed to crib) and car ride hate. Lots of smiles and coos lately. He's super fun.

Married to my favorite man in '07. Our firstborn came along in April 2012 (HBC), and our second is on the way, due sometime in May 2014 (planning an HBAC).
#15 of 356 Old 06-26-2012, 06:37 PM

Thanks Caly!  We will get there soon.  I am not sure that I would say the constant teasing of symptoms I am getting is much for fun than your no signs; both are probably equally frustrating.  But, his can only go on so long, right?  Sorry that you are experiencing the same thing, but it is nice to have a compatriot in the trenches.  That said- I hope your girl comes ASAP.  I can't wait to hear about her and see pictures.

Boots- sorry to say, I agree with Caly, Due dates only give you an approximate 3-4 week window, so your 6-15 is a totally reasonable range.  You could very reasonably give birth anywhere between 38 and nearly 42 weeks.  I would say to be conservative and start the 1st like Caly says.  How much time are you taking off?  Can you do at least a month?

#16 of 356 Old 06-26-2012, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

My friend just posted this on my FB, as the words "pregnant forever" have started crossing my mind...

Elephants

Elephants have the longest gestation period of all mammals, carrying their young for nearly two years before giving birth. Long developmental periods are common among highly intelligent animals. Since elephants are the largest living and biggest-brained land animal in the world, there's a lot of developing for elephants to do in the womb.

That's what going on with these little girlies! ;)

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#17 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 10:40 AM

COME ON SPACEGIRLdizzy.gif!!!!

Had my 27/28 week and I guess:

#1 I am anemic :( Iron pills here I come.

#2 I gained one pound in one month but 3 inches of belly- that up down pelvic to sternum measurement- so conclusion: It's not me, it's the baby- he BIG and I do not have GD soooo, BIG ERT!

They said we will do an U/S next time to check his size but even if he is big and doesn't come out- they cannot induce until after 39 weeks- so basically they really do not press for induction, which is good maybe he will come out naturally early because THERE WON'T BE ROOM- haha haha.

Giddy Up little Space Girl- and CACountry Girl how is your progress???  

Heading out to New Mexico and Colorado, might have some internet- hope to see some BABIES!

Boot- I am the same on the dates- I have an LMP- 09/24/12 I know I ovulated because we did a trigger shot- 09/25 then when they first measured him at 9 weeks he was 6 days behind- (small) with has completely changed now- I think the 'real' date is when I know I ovulated and we did the deed at 11pm or so- so the puts me technically at 09/26/12- What ev- O don't think Erty give a shit either. yours is quite the span though.  on the Hand thing I am glad you brought that up- when I walk I get  the swollen hand thing- my crapstar MIL told me I eat waaay to much salt- I think it is just pregnancy- I just put my hands over my heart and drink water and it stops.  I have the exact energy pattern- I think I can 'go' for a few days- then need an entire day of rest, this shoots my productivity level.

Great to see everyone checking in!!!

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

#18 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 02:02 PM

Oh boy. I had a "moment" this morning. I woke up (after only a couple hours of fitful sleep) with these thoughts:

1. I am angry at myself for starting my maternity leave so early. I should have worked until I either popped or dropped, because I am losing time I could have spent with the baby.

2. I am angry at the baby for not showing up on time. Which is TERRIBLE. I feel so guilty about that.

3. I am angry that my midwives said we could "talk about induction" on Friday. I'm not mad because they brought it up, but because I am tempted to do it. I know it's a bad idea. Provided the baby is still happy in the womb, I'm sure the midwives will recommend waiting, and I know it will be better for everyone involved (especially me!) if I go into labor naturally. Induction actually scares me a lot more than the idea of spontaneous labor. But a little part of my brain is like, "Just do it. Let's get this pregnancy over with!"

4. I am angry at myself for not absolutely insisting on not having visitors for at least a month after the birth, especially now that the precious time we would have had alone with her is slipping away. I'm feeling pretty stressed out about it.

And while I was laying in bed thinking these things, my cat bit me. Just a nip, but she's never done before. She was snuggling with me and I was petting her and she nipped my finger for no apparent reason. So then I was angry at her, too.

And then DH left for work and I cried for about an hour.

Now, of course, I feel fine, but this morning was horrible. I felt like such a drama queen, and that's not a label I would usually apply to myself.

Sparrows, have a wonderful time on your trip! I lived in New Mexico as a child and spent eight years in Colorado, so I'm very fond of both places. Have you tried using cast iron for your cooking? I've heard that can be really beneficial if you're anemic.

Boots, I just hope Spacegirl comes out before that GIANT BRAIN of hers gets too big to fit through my vagina. lol.gif How was your childbirth class?

#19 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsvalentine View Post

Lily, I remember you saying in our DDC about the hand swelling. It's so weird and it just started for me. I thought it was the heat but it even happened in super AC'd Target. I took my blood pressure afterwards and it was fine. Ankles are fine. Have your midwives/ob said anything about it?

My doctor said it was totally normal and a function of your hands swinging down at your sides while walking so blood and fluids sort of build up there.

Caly, I'm so so sorry.  My friend went four days over her due date and she said they were honestly the longest days of her entire life.  Lots of frustration and anger and just general emotional messiness.  :(   The maternity leave thing is so hard to predict too.  You don't want to be working when you're miserable or about to pop, but it's also so hard to plan when these little buggers are going to show up since there's like a four week window.  I was thinking today about being anywhere between four weeks and eight weeks away and the difference between those two options sucks.  I really hope she shows soon!

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#20 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 03:51 PM

Caly-don't know if this will help, but I see several hidden good signs in your post. 

1) One friend assures me that grumpiness and irritation are definitely signs of impending labor.

2) A good cry is sometimes said to be the last step in opening us up emotionally to allow labor to happen.

3) Some people think animals can tell before us because of the senses they have that are stronger than ours; maybe your cat biting you (since she has never done that before) is telling you that you are going to go into labor soon.

Here's to hoping one of these is true!

AFM- Still in a holding pattern mostly non-painful contractions that don't seem to be progressing, but haven't gone away; been almost 12 hours now.  I will keep you ladies posted.

#21 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 04:10 PM

Oh, Calyhug2.gif I am sure that CaCountry is right about those signs. It won't be long now! I will have to keep my eyes on my cat in the coming weeks. Baking is a great idea. I think I've convinced dh to start making some meals to freeze (his last day of summer school is tomorrow!). I need to keep him kind of busy so I can still have some productive time at home and get closer to finishing my projects.

Boots, I get temporary hand swelling when I go on my walks and it goes down considerably very soon after. I was thinking along the same lines as what Lily's doc said. But, our 10th anniversary wedding band is long off my finger, and the full size larger one is now tight in general, so I definitely have more fluid in general in my hands.

Nice diaper cover and great compliment, Erica. I had two comments about looking small or not looking pregnant (?!?) today from random people. I think they were clueless, though, really. Um, I've gained over 25 lbs and have a big round belly that moves, and you've never seen me before, so wtf?

2sweetsparrows: I think anemia is pretty common at that point in pregnancy because of the extra fluid in your body (or so the ob told me). I have extra iron prenatals as it is, but I started taking them when I wake up in the early morning (to avoid nausea) so I can still have milk products with breakfast. Are those inches or cm you are gaining? I thought the fundal measurement was in cm, but maybe you are talking about a different measurement?

Hope to hear some good news from you soon, CaCountry!!

Nothing too exciting here. I seem to be getting a bit of nausea, has this happened to anyone in 3rd tri? Boots, did you mention this? I'm not close to vomiting, but it's a feeling that I need to eat crackers or something to calm my stomach.

I think my parents have decided to drive down instead of flying after the baby comes. I guess this will give them a lot of flexibility. I hope they arrive speaking to each other, though!

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#22 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info,  Lily!

Huge hugs hugs, Caly. There is just no way to know, like you told me. I get the "losing time" idea, but I think that there will be advantages to having rested when you do go into labor. I just wish that there was a better policy from employers so this wouldn't be such a stressful decision for women. You are taking an unpaid maternity leave, aren't you? The whole thing sucks, plain and simple. No decision you could've made would have improved it, in my opinion. I would hate to see you working, hot, miserable, and having people ask you every day when you were going to pop, too. There's no good solution.

It is NOT too late to change the visitor plans. I know it would be a little awkward but if it's going to help your feelings about after birth, I say go for it. I would say something like, "I (Or we, drag him into it :) am feeling overwhelmed because of the birth being delayed. We are so touched by your offer to help but is there any way you could reschedule your trip for later. We don't think we'll be ready for visitors at that point." I know this could be tricky if plane tickets are involved, etc, I mean, really, better yet, this would be a great thing for DH to deal with. You might not have to reschedule everyone but take the one you are feeling the most stressed about and see if anything can be done.

Dude, I am angry at HB all the time. I do feel guilty about it but it's pretty much par for the course around here. He likes to wake up and kick me just as I'm trying to fall asleep. Then there was the whole stubborn ultrasound thing, and yesterday he was poking me hard in the cervix and I just was trying to get some tacos! I also am getting convinced he's been switching positions again and I don't think he's head down anymore...grrr. I hope this just means I hate being pregnant and not that I will be this impatient with my child...

I also think it's weird that your cat bit you, I think she's like "Come on, spacegirl!" I don't blame you for not wanting to think about induction. I find it tempting at 33 weeks...sigh.

So, last night's childbirth class was less awesome than the first. The nurse kept saying " a c-section is a great way to have a baby." WTF??? She told us the hospitals c-section rate is 1/4 for single births, only quoted as higher 31% because of multiples. She also just could not really speak to any questions about induction or epidurals raising c-section risk, which I think it's purposeful and I didn't like it.  I need to start talking to my doc about birth more.

Hi andaluza! I think we cross posted. I have nausea related to acid reflux, I get it badly if I don't take my meds. However, I did feel this HUGE hormone surge last week, that gave me that first trimester nausea feeling back and I was back to wearing my seabands (and sobbing, but that's another matter :)

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#23 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:

Dude, I am angry at HB all the time. I do feel guilty about it but it's pretty much par for the course around here. He likes to wake up and kick me just as I'm trying to fall asleep. Then there was the whole stubborn ultrasound thing, and yesterday he was poking me hard in the cervix and I just was trying to get some tacos! I also am getting convinced he's been switching positions again and I don't think he's head down anymore...grrr. I hope this just means I hate being pregnant and not that I will be this impatient with my child...

All this pent up anger people are talking about is making me feel better. I think some of my anxiety this week stems from being really impatient with the dogs and occasionally wanting to throttle DH, which makes me think I'll be a terrible mother.  (I got angry at my bag today because it was too heavy and got stuck on something in the car.)  Then I have to remind myself that I'm 8 months pregnant, there's a 4 lb creature sitting on my cervix and smashing into my bladder, I can't sleep, I have a huge deadline for which publishers won't call me back, and there's dog hair all over the house.  Sooooo, I think a little anger under the circumstances is hardly uncalled for. 

We're going to an out-of-town wedding for DH's cousin tomorrow and DH's parents invited us over for dinner tonight and I just flat out said no.  I want to sit around packing and watching the X-Files, and to be honest I'll be getting plenty of in-law time this weekend.  Blah.  Hopefully I can keep the anger-monster at bay whilst dealing with lots of nieces/nephews and drunken in-laws.  Blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah......

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#24 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Just something to cheer everyone up: I am sending huz to go buy me some Earth Mama Angel Baby Mama Bottom Balm for my horrible h-roids. thumb.gif If you are in a bad mood, just think how happy he's going to be buying that.

It's freaking 113! I'm not going out to get it!

edit: Update from FB chat where I sent him exact link to product and store finder in case it wasn't in the first store...

Huz: no problem, anything else?

hehehe, I have trained him so well.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#25 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:

Just something to cheer everyone up: I am sending huz to go buy me some Earth Mama Angel Baby Mama Bottom Balm for my horrible h-roids. thumb.gif If you are in a bad mood, just think how happy he's going to be buying that.

It's freaking 113! I'm not going out to get it!

ROTFLMAO.gif

subbing becuase I just know these babies are going to pop out soon!

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

#26 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Butt cream procured! It must be love!

:)

So he was the only one in the store so of course the sales associate was all over him immediately. She was like "What can I help you find?"

And he's like "uh, it's a cream for pregnant ladies"

And so she takes him to the pregnant stuff and it's not there...

So she goes "What's it for?"

"Uh hemmorhoids."

"Oh so maybe it's with the aging stuff..." (Not there)

"No, it's definitely like pregnant earth mama something..."

"Oh we have Earth Mama Angel Baby over here..."

ROTFLMAO.gif

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#27 of 356 Old 06-27-2012, 11:06 PM

ha ha ha ha Boots!

funny stuff!

I have finally finished reading all the posts up until now.

Caly and Country girl,  I'm sure it will be soon!  I think it will be fine.  When the babies come, the wait will be a distant memory!

Everyone, though I'm only 26 weeks, I have a ton of impatience and a fair enough amount of anxiety free-floating around.  I think all of the worries are par for the course, but I know it doesn't feel good at the time when you're melting down.

I also worry about relatives driving me crazy (his), when I should take off, etc.  It's funny. 

I feel really out of the loop and then I read through the posts and you guys are echoing so much of what I've been thinking.

AFM., I'm on summer break, thank goodness, and we finally GOT MARRIED, which is happy!  The baby finally pushed us to plan it in 3 weeks, and it was nice and it really suits us!

Plus, IT'S A GIRL, yaaaaay!  There's a girl for our group!

Hope to be able to catch up more.   Hugs to all!

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#28 of 356 Old 06-28-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh. 111 today and our power has been out for an hour. Keep not getting dressed thinking it will come back. My grandmother passed away yesterday. My mom was so sick they wanted to put her in the hospital. I barely got any sleep woke up to this lovely day.

HI Cath! Have been thinking about you. More later this forum sucks on my phone.

TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015

DS LG  08/03/12
#29 of 356 Old 06-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Banned

Oh My Word, bootsvalentine, that sounds horrible!  Can you go somewhere?  Mall with playground, library, movie theater, McDonald's playland?  That kind of heat isn't good for anyone. 

Also, I'm so sorry for your loss. 

#30 of 356 Old 06-28-2012, 10:09 AM

Oh Boots, I am so sorry about your grandmother. hug2.gif I hope you find some way to stay cool today. Seriously, if the power stays off, get out of the house. Heat exhaustion is the last thing you need right now. Sending lots of love your way.

Catheleni, hooray! I was hoping we'd hear from you. So much good news! Congrats on your baby girl and your marriage! I hope the pregnancy is progressing smoothly and you're not too uncomfortable.

CountryGirl, I hope you're cuddling your baby girl as I type this! Those contractions sounded promising.

Andaluza, the nausea I've had in the third trimester seems to be a wonky hunger signal. I don't necessarily feel like eating, but if I go for too long without a snack, I feel sick. I started carrying granola bars in my purse for this very reason. As soon as I eat, I feel better.

LilyTiger, good luck dealing with the relatives this weekend. I think all pregnant women should get a pass on family events.

Thank you all so much for your support yesterday. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who's been feeling a little insane lately.

Tags
Pregnancy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page