Has your preschooler gotten more clingy while you're pregnant??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2012, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have an almost 3.5 yr old and am 25 weeks pregnant. My daughter is shy and timid to begin with, but lately she is SO clung on to me. Wants me right next to her, even at her best friend's house (we go there every week and she has never had this issue). I'm wondering if she is becoming more shy and needy of mama bc of the changes she is sensing with the impending arrival of her little sister? Or perhaps it has nothing to do with the baby coming? I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? And if it is from baby, is there something extra I should be doing to help alleviate any concerns she might be feeling? We talk about baby a lot and how she will be able to help if she wants. She seems excited about her sister and talks about her a lot, without us bringing it up.

Thanks!

Cindy

Mama to my veggie girl hearts.gif(1/09) and my sweet rainbow baby rainbow1284.gif (9/12). 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 04:29 AM

My youngest is almost 4.5 (feb 08), and yes, he got more clingly when he found out I was pregnant. He also had a few accidents that day at preschool (3, from a kid who had been dry for almost 2 years!!) and started to stutter. We actually took him to a speech therapist because I stuttered as a kid and didn't want it to get out of control and she said to wait until after the baby, because it might straighten itself out. He says he's excited, kisses my stomach all the time, but I'm sure he's also a bit nervous. My others were much younger when they became big siblings. I'm sure the next few months are going to be an interesting ride. Just wanted to let you know you are not alone!

Mom to:

Three big girls  twins.gif (10) + joy.gif (almost 9!); 

One little boy ROTFLMAO.gif(6) and a full on toddler diaper.gif  (8/12) born with TAPVR heartbeat.gif (repaired at 6 days old).

Old 06-27-2012, 05:06 AM

My youngest is also 4 (almost 4.5...born Feb '08) and I'm due late Sept.  He has definitely gotten more clingy and more physical...he always wants to be touching me, lying on me, right next to me, etc.  This will also be our biggest age gap.  My middle child was a few months past 3 when he was born and my oldest was a bit over 2 1/2 when my middle one was born...so they were a lot younger when the new baby came along.   I'm actually anticipating a bigger adjustment for him than for the others just because he is older.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

User Tag List