Good prenatal vitamin - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-01-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in search of a good prenatal vitamin that I only have to take once or twice a day. Right now, Im taking Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatal, which requires 3 pills a day. I always forget the third pill. I like them because they can be taken on an empty stomach, but I need something that takes a little less dedication. I am also already taking a fish oil pill and am about to start Floradix and possibly a calcium supplement, so it'd be awesome if I could just take one prenatal a day. I eat super healthy, so I'm not too worried about missing the last pill, but I'd like to just get a full does for extra peace of mind.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 11 Old 07-01-2012, 01:18 PM

I love my prenatal!!! It is "Rainbow Light" brand, only 1 tablet a day and can be taken without a meal.  It also has red raspberry, ginger, spirulina, etc... It was expensive but ...for a healthy baby...priceless!  Good Luck!

K married to D- momma to M (10yrs)dust.gif  8 lossesbawling.gif  .....pregnant and hopeful!!praying.gif

#3 of 11 Old 07-01-2012, 09:24 PM

I also really like the Rainbow Light prenatal, I get a pack with an extra DHA and frolic acid supplement.

Newly SAHM to DD - 11/30/06 and DS - 1/3/10 * 10 week loss 10/13/11 * Cautiously expecting a September Surprise

#4 of 11 Old 07-01-2012, 09:40 PM

I third Rainbow Light Prenatals. I take with it a non-fish oil DHA supplement as well, for extra goodness.

Mom to 4 cat.gif, 1 dog2.gif, a 5g betta tank , 3 fiddler crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

#5 of 11 Old 07-02-2012, 08:58 AM

Another big Rainbow Light fan (I'm pretty sure it's what kept my morning sickness away), but I take the 4-a-day version. I have an easier time just taking one with every meal (and two at dinner) than trying to remember whether or not I already took a one-a-day. And it's got soo much good stuff in it!

Me (28) and DH (31), TTC since summer 2010. I have "Lean" PCOS with IR -- started Metformin 10/2011.   chartnew.gif http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/32b88b
Finally got our BFP pos.gif 4-16-12! Welcomed our son into the world naturally on 12-12-12. 6lbs 8 oz, 21.5in at 38+1 weeks.

#6 of 11 Old 07-02-2012, 10:54 AM

I take the Rainbow Light Complete System.  I love them.  It is 3 pills in the morning and 3 at night.  A lot of times I do forget the second dosage, but I don't worry about it too much.

Homeschooling mom to 4 joy.gif

My Home Remedies Website treehugger.gif

#7 of 11 Old 07-02-2012, 05:47 PM

I take the new Chaper Organics as well, but I take all three pills at bed time. Last pregnancy, I used Rainbow Light but this time they made my morning sickness worse (even at bed time...then it started at 4 a.m.).
#8 of 11 Old 07-03-2012, 07:58 PM - Thread Starter

Wait, you can take all three at the same time? I thought they had to be spread out for absorption. I dont mind these vitamins, and if I can take them all at once, Ill just keep using them.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#9 of 11 Old 07-04-2012, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Rainbow Light (one-a-day) here as well. Did nothing to stave off m/s for me, but I've never heard of a prenatal vitamin that could pull that off!

#10 of 11 Old 07-05-2012, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post

Rainbow Light (one-a-day) here as well. Did nothing to stave off m/s for me, but I've never heard of a prenatal vitamin that could pull that off!

This is what I did too - had to take it at night though because the only time I threw up during my whole pregnancy was when I took my prenatal vitamin in the morning on an empty stomach.  They make me gag sometimes still, but they are great. 

Happy fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIF, delayed/selective vaxxing, WOHM to DD1 4/10 diaper.gif, DD2 8/12 babygirl.gif and partner/wife for thirteen years to SAHD DHsuperhero.gif.  

#11 of 11 Old 07-06-2012, 07:01 AM

I take Perfect Prenatal and I take all 3 at once.  I switch between those and the Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal (I prefer these).  The Vitamin Code are 3 a day as well and I take them all at once.  I like Vitamin Code because they are in a capsule form and so I know they are being absorbed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page