Good prenatal vitamin - Mothering Forums
I'm Pregnant > Good prenatal vitamin
Adaline'sMama's Avatar Adaline'sMama 11:16 AM 07-01-2012
I'm in search of a good prenatal vitamin that I only have to take once or twice a day. Right now, Im taking Chapter Organics Perfect Prenatal, which requires 3 pills a day. I always forget the third pill. I like them because they can be taken on an empty stomach, but I need something that takes a little less dedication. I am also already taking a fish oil pill and am about to start Floradix and possibly a calcium supplement, so it'd be awesome if I could just take one prenatal a day. I eat super healthy, so I'm not too worried about missing the last pill, but I'd like to just get a full does for extra peace of mind.

Momma41's Avatar Momma41 02:18 PM 07-01-2012

I love my prenatal!!! It is "Rainbow Light" brand, only 1 tablet a day and can be taken without a meal.  It also has red raspberry, ginger, spirulina, etc... It was expensive but ...for a healthy baby...priceless!  Good Luck!

cryswilkins's Avatar cryswilkins 10:24 PM 07-01-2012
I also really like the Rainbow Light prenatal, I get a pack with an extra DHA and frolic acid supplement.
kparker's Avatar kparker 10:40 PM 07-01-2012

I third Rainbow Light Prenatals. I take with it a non-fish oil DHA supplement as well, for extra goodness.

chicajones's Avatar chicajones 09:58 AM 07-02-2012

Another big Rainbow Light fan (I'm pretty sure it's what kept my morning sickness away), but I take the 4-a-day version. I have an easier time just taking one with every meal (and two at dinner) than trying to remember whether or not I already took a one-a-day. And it's got soo much good stuff in it!

ameliabedelia's Avatar ameliabedelia 11:54 AM 07-02-2012

I take the Rainbow Light Complete System.  I love them.  It is 3 pills in the morning and 3 at night.  A lot of times I do forget the second dosage, but I don't worry about it too much.

MerLo's Avatar MerLo 06:47 PM 07-02-2012
I take the new Chaper Organics as well, but I take all three pills at bed time. Last pregnancy, I used Rainbow Light but this time they made my morning sickness worse (even at bed time...then it started at 4 a.m.).
Adaline'sMama's Avatar Adaline'sMama 08:58 PM 07-03-2012
Wait, you can take all three at the same time? I thought they had to be spread out for absorption. I dont mind these vitamins, and if I can take them all at once, Ill just keep using them.
hyde's Avatar hyde 02:41 PM 07-04-2012

Rainbow Light (one-a-day) here as well. Did nothing to stave off m/s for me, but I've never heard of a prenatal vitamin that could pull that off!

1stTimeMama4-4-10's Avatar 1stTimeMama4-4-10 10:41 PM 07-05-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post

Rainbow Light (one-a-day) here as well. Did nothing to stave off m/s for me, but I've never heard of a prenatal vitamin that could pull that off!

This is what I did too - had to take it at night though because the only time I threw up during my whole pregnancy was when I took my prenatal vitamin in the morning on an empty stomach.  They make me gag sometimes still, but they are great. 

kaliki_kila's Avatar kaliki_kila 08:01 AM 07-06-2012

I take Perfect Prenatal and I take all 3 at once.  I switch between those and the Vitamin Code Raw Prenatal (I prefer these).  The Vitamin Code are 3 a day as well and I take them all at once.  I like Vitamin Code because they are in a capsule form and so I know they are being absorbed.

Up