Anyone NOT want to see their baby via u/s? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 34 Old 08-16-2012, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)

Hey, being undecided is okay. You've still got time! It sounds like you're really considering the pros and cons of both sides of things (and it's awesome that you live so close to a good hospital - wish my birth center were closer to one!), which is what I consider to be the "right" thing for everyone to do - regardless of what conclusion they reach. I'm very much a process person (maybe this is why I majored in/taught science?) - I have a lot more respect for ANY decision someone makes (even one I may still disagree with) if they've really put the time into researching/thinking about it. And you're definitely thinking about this more thoroughly than I did. winky.gif

Monkey (30) + Pirate (28) = a forever family (5/10) - Baby Bird (8/12), our long-awaited first, and one (9/13 @ 7w 6d); PCOS
*4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**36***40** Oct 2014 - it's a
#32 of 34 Old 08-16-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thanks, Monkey!  No doubt I get this from my mom-- an MD and research scientist.  Analysis for the win...  Overanalysis for losing sleep.  After 30+ years, I am pretty good at finding a balance, though.

WAHer & Wannabe, Wife to DH banana.gif1998, Mama to Buko, Born at Home joy.gifMarch 2013

#33 of 34 Old 08-17-2012, 10:30 AM

I'm the exact opposite. I wish I could get an u/s every day! I love seeing and connecting with my baby bean that way. However, this time around we're only doing the 20 week scan(not sure if we are going to find out the gender or not) simply because after research we've decided minimal u/s exposure is best for baby. 

Wife to DH dh_malesling.GIF(12.10.2009), Anchorage based doula joy.gif, Proud mama to Autumnblahblah.gif (09.03.2008), Sylas bouncy.gif(04.25.2010), angel1.gif(06.11.2012), Callioperainbow1284.gif(04.23.2013)

#34 of 34 Old 08-18-2012, 03:24 PM

I haven't gotten any sort of ultrasounds/scans with dd3, dd4, or this baby I'm currently baking.  Sometimes I admit to being a big jealous of those who have gotten them, especially since my pregnancy before this resulted in a miscarriage.  But, on the flip side, I think it has really made me trust my body in that whatever is supposed to happen, will indeed simply happen.  It's really helped me to let go and let things happen on their own.  We never find out the sex of any of our kids anyway, so that part wasn't a factor at all.  If for any reason I REALLY felt the need/urge/pull to get a scan around 20 weeks we might do it, but I've not felt that yet, so we just anticipate things are going as they should.  :)

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page