How are you dealing with morning sickness? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-04-2012, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm about 6-7 weeks and I'm nauseous day and night. I'm not vomiting just a gagging, horrible nausea. I have been trying to find ways of dealing with it as I have a toddler and am trying to keep myself from putting him in front of the tv all day and laying on the couch! My problem is that I can't cook, it makes me feel awful, so I keep wanting to eat out, or eat canned soup or frozen dinners, anything that I don't have to prepare. I feel terrible that my son has eaten chicken fingers and french fries so many times in the last two weeks! And I'm afraid I'm going to gain too much weight in the 1st trimester. What do I do? How is everyone else dealing with it. Pregnancy with a toddler is definitely different  than without!

SAHM to DS stillheart.gif 7/1/2010, So excited for #2 due at the end of February!!!

#2 of 8 Old 07-04-2012, 03:06 PM

Lemon water and getting outside helps me a LOT. Taking b6 also really helped, I had the same thing, horrible food aversions and nausea but no throwing up with DD, I feel for you. I did the above with DS and it really helped. Seems to be working this time around as well. 

Oh, and the crockpot is your friend! Food and you don't have to cook it, just throw it in the pot! My worst was in the evening so throwing food in in the morning was helpful. 

Rachel, knit.gifwifey to 2twins.gif (3/06), tandem nursing mama toenergy.gif(7/08) & babyboy.gif (4/11) and missing brokenheart.gif (7/09, 2/10, 7/10) 
#3 of 8 Old 07-05-2012, 02:45 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

bumping the big, old wise morning sickness thread for you :)

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#4 of 8 Old 07-13-2012, 05:08 PM

I'm right there with you - 6 weeks & nauseous with a 2-yr-old in the mix. I've been working on several small meals, and early in the day. My nausea gets worse as the day goes on. As for ds - it's been a bad parenting week for me. He's been in front of the tv a lot & we're also breaking out the convenience meals. I've also been trying to drink a lot of water and peppermint tea. Things are getting better. My goal for next week is to get out of the house - regardless of how I feel. Even if it's just a walk around the block. I think that will go a long ways towards helping me through the next few weeks.

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#5 of 8 Old 07-16-2012, 09:41 PM

I was going through the same thing right around that time and something called "sea bands" helped me alot. You can get them at the pharmacy in the motion sickness area, they are just bracelets that you put on your wrist to hit the accupressure points for nausea. Hope this helps you!!!

#6 of 8 Old 07-18-2012, 10:19 AM

Yikes! I totally feel ya! I am now officially in my second trimester and my morning sickness still hasn't let up. This my third baby and by far the most uncomfortable. I have a four year old and a two year old. As far as food goes, you can find some healthier premade stuff at Trader Joes if there is one near you. I am usually all about homemade everything and I plan on cooking and freezing a bunch of stuff in advance for after the baby is born, but I really wasn't expecting this extended morning sickness! We have also been spending a lot of time at the park and sand box where I can find a spot to sit and observe without having to DO too much. Stickers and playdoh have also been lifesavers. Good luck and hang in there!

#7 of 8 Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 PM

Fresh ginger helped me (I juiced it with some carrots and an apple) but I now have an aversion to the way it tastes. So.. I'm not really doing anything. I just sort of trudge along until I get to around 10 weeks when I feel better

Single Mama to five 6 and under!
#8 of 8 Old 07-18-2012, 12:10 PM
Dia

It gets worse for me as they day goes on too. I am about 8 weeks.

It sounds counterintuitive, but being active outside when I can manage it really seems to help. Like going for  run, bike ride, or walk. Also drinking juice and sparkling water helps. 

Pretty much all food seems disgusting, so I just eat what I can manage when I can manage it. I really worry about not eating as healthy as I want to be right now, too. I know how you feel. Hopefully this will let up for all of us soon. 

Mama to one amazing ecbaby2.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page