Mothering Forum banner

diaper bag recommendation for 2 kids?

1K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  GranolaMama09 
#1 ·
We had a skiphop backpack with #1, but one of the straps broke.
I need a recommendation that will be big enough for a newborn in cloth diapers and a toddler (potty trained).

We are on a budget, so I would like to stay under $100 if possible!

Thanks, ladies!

#4 ·
Backpack here too, fits diapers and snacks and even extra clothes for the kids who are bound to get muddy or poopy or who knows what! And... backpacks are multi-purpose forever, unlike some diaper bags.

#5 ·
Another vote for the backpack. I found it easier to carry (and then run and chase after) DD with a backpack than a bag over my shoulders.

I just happened to have one like this, but I just looked it up and they are only $35 new:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62856?feat=511727-GN3

Very durable and washable. I used bulky cloth diapers (cotton prefolds and homemade covers) and had enough room for one. LLBean also makes a size up if you need more room.

The other thing I did was sort of section off different supplies in smaller bags so it didn't turn into a jumbled mess. I like to just use ziplocs so I can see what's inside, and also so I have a backup for poop-splosions.

#6 ·
I'm picking up a neat lap-top friendly back pack from Costco this week - it has 4 big compartments plus a large organizer pocket in the front. I think it'll work perfect for a diaper bag. Since it's designed for carrying a laptop, it's got extra padding on the shoulder straps too. Bonus, it's only $20 and there are several colors to choose from. Since we BF, we don't need insulated pockets or anything like that and the changing pads that come with most diaper bags are too small IMO anyway.

#8 ·
We drive around a lot so keep some essentials in the car. I only ever carry a double-sided wet bag from PlanetWise (dry side, wet side) and throw it in my bag. Usually throw in a SIGG as well.

And car potty which is a life saver...

Now with three kids I've considered a backpack. Needs to be arm-free.

#10 ·
I'm planning on getting a skip hop duo too. Ill have twins in cloth and a 3 yo (not in diapers). I've been using big purses, but I really want something that has a little cooler pocket.

#11 ·
I have a toddler and twin infants. My plan is for my toddler to wear his own toddler-sized backpack (he's already used to it and likes it) and then use another bag for the twins. I haven't decided on the twins' bag yet but my preference is a sling type backpack (1 strap instead of 2).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.